Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moet champagne

edited July 2007 in Not Sports Related
I got given a massive bottle of this for my 40th last year in April!it is not a vintage bottle but would it still be ok to drink it?

Comments

• Options
    Lasts for ages so you should be ok
  • Options
    Cheers fella
  • Options
    Are you sure valley? my sister bought some veuve for their wedding and saved a bottle from april to december. It was off... but that might have been just one dodgy one out of the crate.
  • Options
    I went to some champagne tasting thing with work once and the expert said that you should not open champagne for at least a year after you buy it because apparently they get it in the bottles so soon after making it that there's no time for the fizz to settle down - leave it a year and it's much better.

I didn't hear the rest because I'd downed 5 glasses while he was boring the a8se off us...
  • Options
    We're still drinking bottles of Moet that we've had for three years. Not had any problems at all.
  • Options
    Bring it down the pub tonight - the birds will love it
  • Options
    Thats great i will go and put it on ice
  • Options
    Is anyone else's house full of bottles of champers that are now probably out of date ?

You get given it for something, never open it there and then, and gets put away for a 'special occasion', which of course never happens, or if it does happen, you don't realise till the next day you've got 182 bottles of 'special occassion' Moet in the cupboard under the stairs ?

No ? never mind.....
  • Options
    If it's a problem I have plenty of storage space round mine. I don't have any bottle of Moet or anything else for that matter for 'special occasions'. As long as you don't count the bottle of methylated spirit in the back garden.

Any unwanted bottles will be gratefully recieved!!
  • Options
    eeer

http://www.champagne-cellar.co.uk/More/apocrypha.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Is anyone else's house full of bottles of champers that are now probably out of date ?

You get given it for something, never open it there and then, and gets put away for a 'special occasion', which of course never happens, or if it does happen, you don't realise till the next day you've got 182 bottles of 'special occassion' Moet in the cupboard under the stairs ?

No ? never mind.....

er no that doesnt happen in ours!!
    You want to start selling at a good rate?
  • Options
    T - A few years ago they found 100 yr old bottles of champagne in a ship wreck in the Baltic Sea and it was still drinkable
  • Options
    Cheers Charlton Dan
  • Options
    yeah and it kinda defeats the object of having vintage as well you would think..
  • Options
    That is a very good point razil
  • Options
    oh no reading more it says non vintage champagne has a 3 year shelf life so presumably vintage is different.
  • Options
    Veuve Cliquot........

yes....
  • Options
    Only certain years get to be vintage Champagne years and it has to fulfill several criteria - it has to be at least 39 months old before it can be declared a vintage year and roughly only one in ten years is considered a vintage year, and a vintage crop must be made solely from one grape (chardonnay) and those grapes must be harvested in the same year. Plus only a small amount of the crop is turned into vintage champagne the rest goes into ordinary champagne production. Who decides what makes a vintage champagne? The vineyards themselves...but it has to measure up against peer group approval and so on.

Personally I hate the stuff.