Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open Golf 2022

13»

Comments

• Options
    Matt looks a bit like Casper the ghost
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    That shot from the bunker from Fitzpatrick was unreal 
    Yep that was a s*#t or bust shot, must of taken some bottle!
    He will bank the confidence of that shot.
  • Options
    I had a vested interest in Fitzpatrick winning this but actually had zero of my own money on due to my somewhat limited golfing knowledge - he was a lucky pick based purely on his amateur win here. Thanks, nevertheless, Bob for the freebee - wherever you are!

Matthew Fitzpatrick
    28/1
    US Open 19/06/2022
    To Win Outright
    Won
    Free In-Play Bet £5.00
    Single 1 x £5.00
    £5.00 Free Bet
    Total Stake£5.00
    Net Return £140.00
    £145.00 Return - £5.00 Bet Credits stake
  • Options
    Had each way bets on:

Morikawa
    Scheduler
    Bradley
    Schaufele 

so kept my interest although was cheering for Fitzpatrick when watching 

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Had each way bets on:

Morikawa
    Scheduler
    Bradley
    Schaufele 

so kept my interest although was cheering for Fitzpatrick when watching 

Scheffler not scheduler ! 
  • Options
    What an unreal performance from Fitz. The second shot on 18 is one of the all time great shots we will see for years to come. For me that was a lay up all day.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Well done Fitzpatrick. Was great to see when I got home late last night from Normandy that he had won it. Particularly as an American I met in the hotel this weekend said no European would.

He also said he went to the USPGA tournament last month and it cost 235 dollars a day to get in. Gulp, but he said you get free coffee on the way round.
  • Options
    150 players,4 days,approx.430 rounds and not for the first time all decided on virtually the last shot of the tournament,I used to consider this game boring,was there anything more tense than that finish last night(excluding play off finals at Wembley)
  • Options
    What an unreal performance from Fitz. The second shot on 18 is one of the all time great shots we will see for years to come. For me that was a lay up all day.
    Memories of Sandy Lyle at Augusta 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    My thoughts entirely in the case of a bunker and the enormity of the event.   Fitz' shot was harder and he had to hit a much bigger shot shape.   Beautifully done and I have to say I've doubted his ability to "get it done" but he was brilliant yesterday.

17 Greens In Regulation.   Superb.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    another super win for a Sheffield lad, Fitz joins Willett as a US majorite  :)
  • Options
    The difference between a Champion who has the confidence in his own game and ability and one who, perhaps, does the sensible thing and plays the percentages. Who could forget, though, how that confidence was misplaced by Jean van der Velde with his triple bogey at the last at Carnoustie that ultimately cost him the Open title.
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Very much.
  • Options
    Billy Foster might be changing his view about Seve's shot being the greatest he's seen after yesterday's approach by Fitzpatrick. Brilliant story nevertheless and one I had never heard before:

• Options
    Sure I’m flying solo here but think this has by far been too much ‘the Billy Foster story’ than that of Fitzpatrick’s brilliance. 
  • Options
    No, you're not. SSN all over him today.