Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WIZZ Air - Anybody flown with them ?

Flying to Portugal in two weeks and have good departure times at 53 quid return - cheaper than Ryannair and flying from Gatwick not Stansted
- Anyone experienced WIZZ yet ...

Comments

• edited May 2022
    Went to Bulgaria on Wizz Air. Remember both flights left on time and arrived on time. Nothing bad to report. 

Had loads of leg room. 
  • My pal flies for them now instead of easyJet. 

He says it’s a much better airline to work for so hopefully that shines through to customer service 
  • Its the comic book name that is a bit off putting ... sounds like something from the Beano or the publication with the same name ...
  • been flying with wizz air for years now with very few problems, can sometimes be very strict on hand luggage weight and size, as i fly a lot i pay for privalege membership,which gives you choice of any seat including front row or extra legroom plus 2 x carry on bags and discount on every flight,worth having if you fly a lot 
  • Have some shares, but never flown with them!
  • Flew to Riga with them a couple of years ago. All a good experience for me and don't remember our flights being delayed as is usually the case with easyJet.
  • Used them several times. They don’t really seem like a budget airline the way that easyJet and Ryanair do. 
  • Yep, flown with them on either 4 or 6 occasions. Really good experience, no delays, decent staff, all very organised. I'd have no problem recommending them to anyone. 
  • Sitting in Skopje airport waiting for a flight with them. Excellent airline. Pricing structure is a bit weird.for luggage but overall really good airline and are.taking over Europe with so many routes.
  • My pal flies for them now instead of easyJet. 

He says it’s a much better airline to work for so hopefully that shines through to customer service 
    Does he have a lot of luck with the ladies?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes used them to Prague quite a few times, no problems at all. As above felt a bit less budget than the others.
  • Flown with them three times. Twice great, third time (last Tuesday) was bloody awful. Knowing that passengers were all getting up a silly-o'clock to catch a 07.30 flight, they decided to text at 1AM to tell us the flight would be delayed until 08.40 - still have to check in at the same time, of course, so an utterly pointless excerise that would have been a nice wake up call for many people. We had (unusually) paid for priority, the queue at Gatwick for priority and non-priority was about the same, nothing wrong with that, but... they had three or four people booking in the non-priority, and one booking in priority, and not only was he the slowest check-in guy I have ever seen, he was also tasked with training someone else. Add to that latecomers for imminent flights and disabled passengers being shoved into our queue in front of those of us waiting, you can imagine that tempers (not mine, I hasten to add) were getting somewhat frayed. People who arrived in the non-priority queue long after us were trotting off to security while we were still a long way down the priority queue.

Eventually we got to security - now this isn't Wizz's fault, but it adds to the story of woe - the conveyor belt on the x-ray machine we were queueing up for broke down. Seeing this, the staff organising the queue diverted people arriving behind us towards the rapidly opening alternative security point, as well as the folk who's stuff was on the broken down conveyor, so we were shoved back again. We eventually got into the departures hall at 07.15, two and a quarter hours after we arrived at the airport. Good job the flight was delayed.

07.40 we get told the gate to go to. An hour later, no sign of the plane, even though it is only coming from f***ing Luton. It finally arrives about five to nine, and the slowest boarding process I have ever seen commences. We got on pretty quickly, but with others arriving in dribs and drabs it takes a full half hour to get everyone on board!

So, at nine thirty, we are ready to go. Except we are not, we sit there, and sit there and sit there until finally, at 10.30, the time we were supposed to be landing in Faro, we take off.

Half an hour from the end of the journey we are told because of the delay we are entitled to a drink and a snack. A Kit Kat, or a small tube of Pringles, or a small chocolate filled croissant and a bottle of water (still or fizzy) - they won't stretch to cola or lemonade. Trolly starts at the front, and stops at row 15 (we are row 16), then the one from the back eventually arrives at us about ten minutes before landing. "Two sparkling waters please". "Sorry Sir, we have only got still left".

Oh - and we were told masks had to be worn on the flight, so some people had to dash off and get them before they boarded, needless to say once on board no-one was wearing them, including the staff.                          
  • Well written complaint there @Algarveaddick, may be add a hint of menace and request for some kind of compensation and copy and paste to whizz air, if you haven't already of course.
  • Well written complaint there @Algarveaddick, may be add a hint of menace and request for some kind of compensation and copy and paste to whizz air, if you haven't already of course.
    I have considered it, maybe I should? 
  • edited May 2022
    Well written complaint there @Algarveaddick, may be add a hint of menace and request for some kind of compensation and copy and paste to whizz air, if you haven't already of course.
    The delay may qualify for compensation under UK261 if arrival was 3 hours or more after the scheduled arrival time, and if the delay wasn't a result of circumstances outside the control of the airline (ie weather, air traffic delays etc)..

It doesn't sound like there are any grounds outside of that for compensation. 
  • Yep, flown with them on either 4 or 6 occasions. Really good experience, no delays, decent staff, all very organised. I'd have no problem recommending them to anyone. 
     Very specific it wasn’t 5 occasions I see 😂
  • radio report from a traveller who had booked a return to Tenerife with her family of four.. outward flight cancelled with no prior notice, got another flight out, then return Whizz flight also cancelled ,., not so Whizz more Damp Squib .. still, I suppose they are no worse nor better than any other 'budget' airline
  • edited May 2022
    Yep, flown with them on either 4 or 6 occasions. Really good experience, no delays, decent staff, all very organised. I'd have no problem recommending them to anyone. 
     Very specific it wasn’t 5 occasions I see 😂
    Indeed, I usually fly out and back with the same airline. Couldn’t remember whether it was 2 or 4 trips :) 
  • I have flown with them to Romania on about a dozen occasions ( Luton to Cluj and Targu Mures ) and never had a single problem. 
  • Went to Montenegro in April with them. Apart from them moving our outbound flight by a day on the way out a few weeks in advance (giving us an extra day's holiday tbf), pretty smooth sailing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Flew with Wizz air to Budapest. Airline was fine with more leg room than Ryanair. Big issue was they moved our flight from 9am to 10pm the night before with little notice. 
    The delay may qualify for compensation under UK261 if arrival was 3 hours or more after the scheduled arrival time, and if the delay wasn't a result of circumstances outside the control of the airline (ie weather, air traffic delays etc)..

Somehow they shaved over half hour off the usual flying time, so landed 2.45 late... 

Somehow they shaved over half hour off the usual flying time, so landed 2.45 late... 
    they’ll normally fly at the most economical speed, rather than the fastest they can go. I’d guess the compensation would have been more than the extra fuel. 

Zooooom

they’ll normally fly at the most economical speed, rather than the fastest they can go. I’d guess the compensation would have been more than the extra fuel. 

Zooooom
    Wiiiizz, surely?  :D

You probably had a tail wind...
  • I still think you should send it in @Algarveaddick. Despite the 3 hour regulation for compensation there's some good learning there for them and they ought to grateful you took the trouble. Also gives them a chance to show if they value customer feedback unlike others in the sector.
  • Just looking at the feedback on Trustpilot, I think we got away lightly...  :o
  • I still think you should send it in @Algarveaddick. Despite the 3 hour regulation for compensation there's some good learning there for them and they ought to grateful you took the trouble. Also gives them a chance to show if they value customer feedback unlike others in the sector.
    They are a low cost Eastern European airline operating in an incredibly low margin sector. As much of their business as possible is conducted online to avoid overhead costs. I really wouldn’t waste your time sending feedback- no one will read it, let alone act on it…
  • Never had an issue with them
    Sending it to whizz air would be pointless but he could try sending it to wizz air.