Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What are you expecting this transfer window?

When the season kicks off do you expect us to have signed:

A promotion top 2 challenging squad

A side capable of challenging for top 6 comfortably 

More of the same as last few years 

Worse than last summer

Comments

• Options
    Nothing 
  • Options
    If TS is going go back up his top two prediction then I expect a squad capable of doing this however I am expecting the same old bargain buys, a few loans and a mid table finish 
  • Options
    Another debacle 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Somewhere between 'more of the same' and 'top 6 comfortably'.  

I think we'll get players in earlier than last season as TS will have learnt from that mistake, but sadly.i don't trust the current set up to blow us out.of the water with amazing signings, think they'll be solid but unspectacular and not quite good enough.  We'll end up with a squad of 'not bad, decent squad player' types.

Hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    More of the same.
  • Options
    Not a lot, it will be the same old same old unfortunately.
  • Options
    Worse.
    The teams that will be giving it a good go are probably months ahead of us with managers in place the have identified targets to play the way they want.
    We are still scratching around for a manager.

Tommy will need to spend big  to prise targets away from serious contenders. But Tommy don't like spending big.
    Expect another shit show more spectacular than the last one.
  • Options
    More of the same. 2-3 players for reasonable fees for this level, rest last minute " who's available" loans and freebies. 

I'd honestly love to get this wrong and we build a proper squad but I can't see it. 
  • Options
    Same as last season. 
    Nothing will change for the better until we get a new owner 
  • Options
    A few YouTube videos that will lead to the usual waffle 
    A few snippets from mates who support the team he’s come from 
    the general over hyping that we’ve seen of any player that has come in to us over recent years 
    any one of any pedigree to soon be injury prone and utter shit within weeks of entering the cesspit of complete shitness that we have become. 
    Stay positive folks 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s close. 
  • Options
    Ben Garner to bring in the best players he came across in league two last season, including Harry McKirdy from Swindon and Kaine Kesler on loan from villa.
  • Options
    Do Charlton fans do positive?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Do Charlton fans do positive?
    Constructive criticism 
  • Options
    Itll be more of the same.
    Whoever comes in as manager wont have any time and if we dont finish in the top 10 new manager next season.
    If we get off to a bad start the manager will be gone by Christmas.
    The positive news is I've lumped on @ 1/10 
    Aneke JFC or innins to be injured before the season starts.
  • Options
    I am not expecting a lot .. and hope to be very surprised and happy when we sign some real quality players
  • Options
    If TS is going go back up his top two prediction then I expect a squad capable of doing this however I am expecting the same old bargain buys, a few loans and a mid table finish 
    Has Sandgaard predicted we’ll finish in the top two next season? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Has Sandgaard predicted we’ll finish in the top two next season? 
    No.
    But he said that's the target. 
    Personally I'm glad it's the target as it should be in league one.
    It's going to take a massive improvement on transfers to have a realistic chance of happening though. 
    All we can do as supporters is wait and see.
  • Options
    Top 6 and hopeful that those that seem to have a constant downer on the club either quieten or turn positive
    A top 6 challenge and plans in place to really push for 2 the following season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve no idea, just hope if a player whether it’s a new player or a current player, has a poor start, that people don’t get on their back, they might turn out all right in the end.
  • Options
    Would love for it to go really well with a proper top 6+ squad, us playing exciting football under Garner and fans coming back as they see things aren’t as bad as they feared.

Part of me thinks this season was Sandgaard’s 14/15 and next season will be his 15/16 - as RD did he’ll fully implement their plan with a load of fairly unknown younger players coming in and it’ll be a complete disaster.

Realistically it’ll probably be somewhere in between.
  • Options
    Lots of pessimism, moaning and premature evaluation
  • Options
    I’d settle for an improvement in recruitment and to be in the top 6 all season. Would also be nice to have players that fit the system we choose to play - fed up with square pegs in round holes.
  • Options
    Disappointment 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Would love for it to go really well with a proper top 6+ squad, us playing exciting football under Garner and fans coming back as they see things aren’t as bad as they feared.

Part of me thinks this season was Sandgaard’s 14/15 and next season will be his 15/16 - as RD did he’ll fully implement their plan with a load of fairly unknown younger players coming in and it’ll be a complete disaster.

Realistically it’ll probably be somewhere in between.
    It all comes down to who the manager is and who our 5 best signings are.  If they are standard league fare we will finish somewhere between 8th and 12th.

If there is a drastic variation from the mean we will either be pushing the play offs or be in the shit.

I would like to think we will bring very square pegs in to play in specific square holes.  That was the difference between Wigan and Ipswich last summer.  I would still say Ipswich brought in more better players but Wigan bought the right players.

I would still actually expect an eye raising departure or two as well.  Mainly because you can't currently fit our best hand full of players into the same team in the right shaped holes.
  • Options
    I'm hoping everything will fall into place and a few good signings will come good, manager/coaches need to be in place asap obviously but things can change and quickly, never say never but a fair bit of money needs to be spent so I hope TS is ready.
  • Options
    I'm hoping everything will fall into place and a few good signings will come good, manager/coaches need to be in place asap obviously but things can change and quickly, never say never but a fair bit of money needs to be spent so I hope TS is ready.
    Not necessarily, if we got 4 or 5 players of the level of Taylor, Pratley, Cullen and Beilke in it would make a massive difference and none of them cost a fee.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Not necessarily, if we got 4 or 5 players of the level of Taylor, Pratley, Cullen and Beilke in it would make a massive difference and none of them cost a fee.
    It's not easy to find those types of 'gems' but even at my age I'm always hopeful. And what a treat it would be, good brandy in the flask time. 
  • Options
    Genuinely have no idea how this season is going to pan out but I do know it is massively important for the ownership more so than us imo.
    If you compare the start of last season to this gone is the feeling of excitement and anticipation and general positivity among the fanbase. If this window doesnt deliver then I can see out attendances falling off a cliff next season, fill the valley will be a thing of the past. If the club get this badly wrong I can see a bad downward spiral on the horizon. Get it right and show a team that can entertain and deliver then the crowds will be there. Tough job running a football club 🙄