Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin, data, coaching etc etc

So Martin Sandgaard?  

Discuss 

Comments

• Options
    Does he know how to do a vlookup?
  • Options
    said it many times before on here .. i m o owner's kin who have no real knowledge of professional football should not be part of the managerial set up, it smacks of unnecessary interference and tittle tattling .. that's it unless Martin has talents which I do not know about, does he ?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Don’t see the PhD and UEFA license requirements for the below recruitment analyst position at Spurs…

https://www.hub-soccer.com/2020/09/07/recruitment-analyst-tottenham-hotspur/

• Options
    He has lots of books in his office......or is that wallpaper?
  • Options
    Books on wallpaper analysis.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Because reading job specs is fun, the Norwich recruitment analyst ad:

Essential

• Related sports degree or equivalent in experience.
    • Minimum of three years’ experience working in an elite football environment (performance analysis and/or scouting) or demonstrable portfolio of work within this subject area.
    • Excellent understanding of talent identification processes and demonstrable tactical/technical football knowledge.
    • Experience using industry leading video analysis software.
    • Experience applying data to support the scouting and recruitment process.

Desirable

• Related Sports Masters’ degree or equivalent in experience.
    • FA Level 3 talent identification.
    • Experience in using SBG MatchTracker and Focus software.

You might not need a Phd and badges to be a recruitment analyst, but its desired. In regards to the performance analysis side of things, said expertise and expeirence is pretty much a requirement even more so if your´e the director of overall analysis, and, apparently, commenting on training. 

Regardless, the point as ever, is that MS isnt particaually close in terms of skills and expierence, much like how everyone hated Ged "fucked up our summer recruitment because hes not qualified for the role" Roddy wasnt, and with the general feeling of our season hinging on recruitment, being a little concerned is fair really. 
  • Options
    Don’t see the PhD and UEFA license requirements for the below recruitment analyst position at Spurs…

So he falls at the first hurdle then…
  • Options

So he falls at the first hurdle then…
    Heard he’s great on Football Manager so it’s a yes from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He will no doubt take great kudos from having his own personal thread on the much acclaimed CL.. B)
  • Options
    Analyze GIFs  Tenor
  • Options
    Data science and AI in government  a retrospective  by Dawn Duhaney   Medium
  • Options
    Your Data My Data GIF - Your Data Data My Data - Discover  Share GIFs
  • Options
    Introduction to Data Analysis A gentle introduction to data analysis  by  Payal Kumari  Geek Culture  Medium
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    "MS attempted to make a change to training".
    What exactly did he attempt to do?
    The above could mean very different things, from something quite minor to something very disturbing?
  • Options
    It's great to see modern technology playing such an important part in a job like this.

I've just taken a look at Sportscode and Coach Paint.  In truth, they are video editing software packages ... the kind of thing that you can spend hours playing with, if you are that way inclined.

Useful, I imagine, in building video presentations where you can run through key points with players and teams.  But this kind of approach only works if you know what you are talking about as a coach. 

The order is important here ... first you have to be a good coach, and second ... you need competency with the software.

Familiarity with Sportscode etc doesn't make you a good coach.  It may well indicate that you can edit videos.

Beware the technology defining the job.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The above could mean very different things, to something quite minor to something very disturbing?
    It's been phrased very deliberately I'm sure. 

Probably something minor that's trying to be twisted into something it's not. 

It won't have been leaked from MS that's for sure, so will be one side of the story. 
  • Options
    The above could mean very different things, to something quite minor to something very disturbing?

It won't have been leaked from MS that's for sure, so will be one side of the story. 
    If it was something along the lines of "do some crossing practise rather than buggering about playing leap-frog or giving piggy-back rides" that could be seen as a good thing. No?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would be careful about what we say about our Director of Analytics. Walls have ears .. I found one in my ice cream the other day
  • Options
    Is this where we go to see who the next manager is going to be?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I would be careful about what we say about our Director of Analytics. Walls have ears .. I found one in my ice cream the other day
    I though Walls had sausages?  Or sausage dogs? 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

If it was something along the lines of "do some crossing practise rather than buggering about playing leap-frog or giving piggy-back rides" that could be seen as a good thing. No?
    Indeed, specifics have been noticeably absent on what he said. If he asked whether they could incorporate into the training some routines that prevented some of the players blowing out of their arses after sixty minutes, I wouldn’t be at all concerned 
  • Options
    Is this where we go to see who the next manager is going to be?

No, go straight to the end, turn right and it's your second door on the left. 
  • Options
    No-one likes a micro manager. 
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    INDEX MATCH instead will change your life. 
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    INDEX MATCH instead will change your life. 
    Agree, much better for matching multiple columns aswell.