Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BEAT THE BOOKIE 2021/22 week 38 results, final standings and general number crunching

14 out of 59 lifers got a return in final week 38.
@IdleHans is the weekly winner with wins for Leeds (2.90), Newcastle (3.00) and Sunderland (2.10) netting £182.70.
Treble figure returns also for @Big_Bob, @North Lower Neil, @CL_Phantom and @thai malaysia addick.
Collectively over £2,900 down for the season.  
I hope winners backed their bets in reality.
For the first time since god was a boy @stackitsteve is not the overall leader.
He was pipped in the final week by @thai malaysia addick who is this seasons champion despite drawing blanks in the first 21 weeks and never winning a single week outright.
@stackitsteve did hang on to second place despite a late surge from @North Lower Neil who got 3rd overall and had most weekly wins with 3.
Over the season 98 lifers placed 2872 bets with 421 returns. If placed with a real bookie 29 would be showing a profit.
The biggest single return was £420.75 by @BR7_addick
@Redmidland and @Chippycafc had the most returns with 15 and @thai malaysia addick had the most £100+ returns with 5.

Thanks to all that took part and if anyone wants to take the reigns next season they are more than welcome.

Comments

• Cheers PBS, really enjoyed this as always.

Wish I'd started putting the money on for real at the start of the season!  Thought I'd just lose £380!!
  • 2nd in predictions and 10th in this … and I’ve never watched less football in recent times , the less I know thee better !!!

thanks PBS for doing this, a good way to theoretically punt without losing !
  • Congratulations @thai malaysia addick - a great achievement and thanks to @paulbaconsarnie for taking the time and effort to run the competition. 
  • Congratulations to Thai.
    Many thanks to PBS.
    I beat Nicholas and that's all that matters  :D
  • That’s about right for me. 2 huge returns, leading since the beginning almost and lose it on the final day. 
    Well done @thai malaysia addick I’ll be gunning for you next season  ;)

huge thanks for running this again @paulbaconsarnie I know how much work goes into it, very much appreciated.
  • Well played @thai malaysia addick I didn't think anyone would catch stackit. Thanks for organising this @paulbaconsarnie.
    I don't know where I posted my teams for the final week, but it wasn't in the correct thread, they lost anyway so it dosen't really matter.
    Third in the prediction league and forth in beat the bookie, I'm happy with that.
  • edited May 2022
    All I’m saying is if @paulbaconsarnie wins the prediction league next year I am gonna be trawling back through all the posts. 
  • Thanks as ever PBS 
  • Thanks for doing each week really enjoyed this one 👍🏻 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    All I’m saying is if @paulbaconsarnie wins the prediction league next year I am gonna be trawling back through all the posts. 
    Looks like we’ve been rumbled, @paulbaconsarnie. You’d better give me your bank account details so I can return that fee.
  • It’s official. I couldn’t pick my nose!!!!!  Great fun though and a lesson to all you children about the evils of gambling!  Thanks as ever @paulbaconsarnie for all the hard work. Congrats @thai malaysia addick
  • Congratulations @thai malaysia addick commiserations @stackitsteve and a huge thanks to  @paulbaconsarnie

Really enjoy this comp and think this is my first positive return. Emphasises just how profitable this all is for the bookies 
  • To be fair, my win was just one massive win on last day of the season. 

Lost every other week !! 
  • Cheers PBS, really enjoyed this and sorry missed the last week as i was away. Well done all
  • Thanks PBS. Well done the winners.
  • Thanks for running Paul.
    Salvaged some pride on the final day after heading for the worst title defence of all time
  • Thanks for the time and effort Paul!!!! See you all next season!
  • Thanks Paul for all the hard work you put in. It is much appreciated. congratulations 'thai'. Here's to next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great stuff Paul, you and Thai keep this site interesting and amusing, than the doom and gloom on most threads.
  • Thanks for doing this again pbs, my best finish this year. Hope you can continue next season.