Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2021-22 CL Prediction Week 38 Results **Congratulations to flyingkiwiDK, our new champion**

After 38 weeks of predicting, @flyingkiwiDK has emerged as our 2021-22 champion. After battling with @oohaahmortimer and @GoOnYouHaddocks at the top of the Prediction League Premier Division, @flyingkiwiDK ended the season with a 5-point score to reach 101 points and win the title by three clear points. Congratulations to @flyingkiwiDK.

@meldrew66 and @Sillybilly were this week's high scorers, both scoring 6 points. Follower Fred has ended in his lowest  position all season, while Hopeful Harriet managed to keep one place above Pessimist Pete. Meanwhile, @Webbja77 will be sacking the manager after finishing in the same position as Charlton.

I'll publish the mega end of season statbank later in the week, so that you can see how you can do better. Basically, never predict the Charlton score!

The Prediction League will be back next season, provided my inflation-linked pay rise is approved by @AFKABartram.

This week's mini-statbank

Graveyard prediction of the week: Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 St Johnstone 2 (0 correct scores, 0 correct results, 5 wrong predictions)
Easy peasy prediction of the week: Sunderland 2 Wycombe Wanderers 0 (9 correct scores, 19 correct results, 10 wrong predictions)
Unfancied fixture of the week: Inverness Caledonian Thistle 2 St Johnstone 2 (5 predictions - 0 correct scores, 0 correct results, 5 wrong predictions)
Competitor in the same position as Charlton: @Webbja77 (13th)
Longest streak of scoring 2+ each week - 7 weeks: @Bill_Stumps
Longest streak of scoring 1 or less each week - 7 weeks: @charscot
Formguide - best over last 4 weeks: @MrOneLung 14, @SaySomething 12, @throughthickandthin 12, @Tutt-Tutt 12, @Beardface 11, @Bill_Stumps 11, @Buglehorn 11, @cafcwill 11, @Charlton_Stu 11, @Chicken_Skins 11
Best prediction of the week: @fat man on a moped - Only person to predict Dorking v Ebbsfleet would be draw
Worst prediction(s) of the week: : @Nicholas - Arsenal v Everton 1-0, @Viewfinder - Arsenal v Everton 1-0, @tommo - Arsenal v Everton 1-2, @Tavern - Arsenal v Everton 1-0, @ThreadKiller - Arsenal v Everton 1-0
Biggest riser of the week: @Buglehorn from 20th League One to 3rd League One
Biggest faller of the week: @Follower Fred from 9th Championship to 22nd Championship
Division Leaders: Premier League - @flyingkiwiDK , Championship - @Billyboy , League One - @Lewis Coaches , League Two - @Pedro45 , National - @SomervilleAddick , National South - @Cloudworm

This week's scores
meldrew66 ... 6
Sillybilly ... 6
Buglehorn ... 5
flyingkiwiDK ... 5
SaySomething ... 5
StrikerFirmani ... 5
Bangkokaddick ... 4
cafcwill ... 4
IdleHans ... 4
killerandflash ... 4
Macronate ... 4
moutuakilla ... 4
MrOneLung ... 4
NorthheathAddick ... 4
RedChaser ... 4
redlanered ... 4
sholland ... 4
stonemuse ... 4
Taxi_Lad ... 4
Tutt-Tutt ... 4
barstool ... 3
BertieB ... 3
Charlton_Stu ... 3
chezzafromcharlton ... 3
clive ... 3
fat man on a moped ... 3
GoOnYouHaddocks ... 3
Hamlet ... 3
Killarahales ... 3
oohaahmortimer ... 3
paulbaconsarnie ... 3
Redmidland ... 3
RickAddick ... 3
Rudders22 ... 3
thai malaysia addick ... 3
tommo ... 3
56yearsofdreams ... 2
Addick Addict ... 2
Beardface ... 2
Big_Bob ... 2
Bill_Stumps ... 2
Blackheathen ... 2
blackpool72 ... 2
BR7_addick ... 2
cafc375 ... 2
Carl Leaburn ... 2
ChicagoAddick ... 2
Chippycafc ... 2
Chris_from_Sidcup ... 2
Covered End ... 2
dajavouslagan ... 2
eaststandmike ... 2
foresthillred ... 2
johnnybev1987 ... 2
Johnnysummers5 ... 2
LenGlover ... 2
lindos480 ... 2
MrLargo ... 2
Nicholas ... 2
No.1 in South London ... 2
Paddy Powell ... 2
philcafc ... 2
robroy ... 2
seth plum ... 2
siblers ... 2
stackitsteve ... 2
Starinnaddick ... 2
The Red Robin ... 2
ThreadKiller ... 2
Viewfinder ... 2
WestSussexAddick ... 2
addix ... 1
Bedsaddick ... 1
Billyboy ... 1
charscot ... 1
CL_Phantom ... 1
covered_end_junior ... 1
Dazzler21 ... 1
Karim_myBagheri ... 1
Low_Ears ... 1
ParkinsonOut ... 1
Pessimist Pete ... 1
Rossman92 ... 1
sarge1g ... 1
Saulc23 ... 1
Seabros ... 1
Swerve ... 1
T_C_E ... 1
Tavern ... 1
walshiesleftfoot ... 1
Webbja77 ... 1
Alex Wright ... 0
Dansk_Red ... 0
Follower Fred ... 0
Hopeful Harriet ... 0
Pedro45 ... 0

Comments

• A blank sheet week gets me the Div 2 pennant!
  • Thanks thai malaysia addick for all your efforts

Losing 2-1 yesterday was terrible for Burnley, but ensured I got a mid table Championship finish...
  • Woohoo joint top of National League 
  • My end of season form was woeful. Cost me top 2 I reckon 

well played @flyingkiwiDK and cheers @thai malaysia addick for organising 
  • congrats to @flyingkiwiDK

thank you to @thai malaysia addick for organizing this all season.  

3rd in the Championship, and only scuppered from a premier league place by the damn alphabet!

Bring on next season
  • Well played everyone.
    I'd love to know if any of the top 20 study the form in detail and how they are so successful.
    I always do decent, but admire the big hitters.
    Thanks to Thai as well.
  • Congratulations to @flyingkiwiDK and commiserations to @oohaahmortimer for getting so close although at least you can console yourself with the fact that you finished in the same place as your favourite Premier League team!

Thanks, as always, @thai malaysia addick for your time and attention each and every week.
  • Thanks for doing this again TMA, excellent format and analysis as always.

Happy to nick an automatic promo slot in the championship.  
  • Sponsored links:

• @thai malaysia addick many thanks for doing this. You ensure it goes beyond the basic numbers and you constantly add colour and humour to the process.
    Very generous contribution to Charlton Life.

P.S my personal handicap is never predict Charlton, and all of my predictions have to be Saturday 3pm kick offs, which can lead to limited options some weeks!
  • Well done @flyingkiwiDK & Many thanks to @thai malaysia addick for running the competition.  
  • Nicholas said:
    Well played everyone.
    I'd love to know if any of the top 20 study the form in detail and how they are so successful.
    Thanks to Thai as well.
    I just know my stuff mate, thats why everyone should listen to me on here when I rant on about what players are crap and when the manager needs to go etc ;)
    The new Golfie?
  • Well done @flyingkiwiDK for topping the table, we will all be following your predictions next year :smile:
    Thanks to TMA for the brilliant organisation 
  • Well played everyone.
    Thanks to Thai as well.
    No real secret formula @Covered End. I study form a bit but not too closely. I tend to just go with the matches and first score line that comes into my head. Call it gut instinct or whatever.
  • Well played everyone.
    Thanks to Thai as well.
    I have a look at the form and avoid teams that score/concede more than most as I prefer to pick 1-0 scores. I never go for a draw. 
  • Well played everyone.
    Thanks to Thai as well.
    I tend to do the opposite to @WestSussexAddick 😉🤣
  • Well played everyone.
    Thanks to Thai as well.
    I have a look at the form and avoid teams that score/concede more than most as I prefer to pick 1-0 scores. I never go for a draw. 
    I do that or 2-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d have had maximum points this week if Leeds hadn’t scored in the 94th minute! Bastards.
  • seth plum said:
    @thai malaysia addick many thanks for doing this. You ensure it goes beyond the basic numbers and you constantly add colour and humour to the process.
    Very generous contribution to Charlton Life.

P.S my personal handicap is never predict Charlton, and all of my predictions have to be Saturday 3pm kick offs, which can lead to limited options some weeks!
    Same … plus I keep to our division … however been forced recently to look elsewhere as no games in our division. 

Thanks for doing this TMA … always fun 

• thanks as ever TMA
  • Congrats to FK and as always a big thank you to TMA for organising the comp.
  • 5th place in Premier league I'm very happy with. Don't study form, just go with gut instinct. Seems to have worked this season.
  • Congratulations to the winner FK and all who took part 😝
  • Yaaay. Joint 20th in the premiership (I’m having none of that alphabetical order nonsense!) after being rock bottom of league 2 a few months ago.  Cheers @thai malaysia addick for all your efforts. Congrats to the winners. 
  • Congratulations @flyingkiwiDK well deserved mate. Thanks to @thai malaysia addick for doing this every week, it's been fun.
  • Thanks @thai malaysia addick You beat me by a point and knocked me out of the cup. You bastard
  • Respectable mid table finish in the championship. Well done to all and many thanks to the tireless work you put in.