Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

When did we stop singing…

Comments

• Jumping up and down in the original covered end singing knees up mother brown. 
    Falling over a copper, getting belted round the ear and then dead legged all the way down the steps.... yeah remember it well 
  • We’re see you all outside, 
    Along with;

you’ll never make the station!!

you’re going home in a big white ambulance
  • Goodbye Horse my favourite, wish we sung more original old school chants. Allez Allez Allez etc are poor
  • We will run round (insert town) with our willies hanging out...
    singing, “I’ve got a bigger one than you...”
  • Getting off a train at Kings Cross at 1am on a Wednesday morning singing, ‘Millwall, where are you?’.
  • Cloudworm said:
    We will run round (insert town) with our willies hanging out...
    singing, “I’ve got a bigger one than you...”
    erm 🤔. 
  • It’s a long way to 
    Charlton Station 

was brilliant to sing
    at away fans 
  • ‘Over there, oh over there. And do they smell…’ Poetic masterpiece that one. 
  • Knees up mother brown, knees up mother brown,
    knees up knees up, never get the breeze up
    knees up mother brown

ooooohhhh what a rotton song.... oooooooohhhh....
    Who's that scoring goals
    Who's that scoring goals
    Martin Martin Robinson
    Martin Martin Robinson
  • edited May 2022
    Singing "your gonna get your f+@*ing head kicked in" while pulling a face like you are chewing a wasp and pointing somewhere into the distance.

Appy dayz

You're going home in a London Ambulance, to the same tune
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s a long way to 
    Charlton Station 

was brilliant to sing
    at away fans 
    I prefered the 2nd verse:

"But if you get there for the 5:20
    Could you get the number please"

• At corners.
    ’in the net’, if opposition fans were near they sing ‘over the bar’ and vice versa if they had a corner.
    Of course when we were awarded a corner it would be ‘ooo it’s a cor-na, ooo it’s a cor-na’.
  • ooh Scotty Parker
  • One of my favourites at Selhurst was ‘Show me the way to go home, I’m tired and I want to go to bed, we had a lovely ground a few seasons ago, now we’ve got this shit instead, wherever I may roam, The Valley is my home, show me the way to go home’

Or something like that - it was over 30 years ago !!!
    2006-2007 relegation season in M block north upper, two spectacularly drunk guys stood up and sang this for about 30 minutes non stop during another second half capitulation
  • Never sing igor vetokeles song anymore 
  • Davo55 said:
    TEL said:

He's here, he's there, he's every F@cking where (insert name) wouldn't apply to anyone last season :)
    Oh, it would be perfect for George Dobson.
    Might have trouble making his name scan though.
    Works perfectly if you make it George DobSON instead of the usual pronunciation of DOBson. 
    Or simply Georgie D
    If that was his name, sure. However, it isn’t. 
  • Just heard the Huddersfield fans singing a Nabby Sarr song and remembered this quite recent one:

Katrien is a slapper
    She wears a wonder bra
    And when she’s shagging Roland
    she thinks of Nabby Saar

Nabby Nabby Nabby Saar

And of course the Eddie Youds one before
  • I don't know if it's just me but so many of the more recent songs have so many words to them, I'm sure songs used to be easier and simpler to learn and sing and would get more people joining in for those reasons.
  • fog horn said:
    When did we stop singing a lot of songs. They need the old boys to get them old songs going again.😂
    Quite a few of the old songs were sung at Morecambe away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Goodbye Horse my favourite, wish we sung more original old school chants. Allez Allez Allez etc are poor
    Goodbye Horse - Leeds song
  • Charlton fc have got a reputation of smashing up the station on the southern region. 
    One brave porter he tried to take them alone 
    they left him lying in a pool of blood and laughed about it all the way home. Dalalala 
    ( about 68 to bonnie and Clyde) 

• Oh how I love her runny nose….
  • His name is Simon Webster and he’s the leader of our team.
    What team?
    The greatest football team that the world has ever seen….
  • edited May 2022
    Back in  the old days there used to be "In your (insert name of town of opposition) slums, in your xxxxxx slums, you look in the dustbin for summat to eat, find a dead cat and think it's a treat.....in your xxxxx slums"
    Ain't heard that in ages.
  • LMHR said:
    Charlton fc have got a reputation of smashing up the station on the southern region. 
    One brave porter he tried to take them alone 
    they left him lying in a pool of blood and laughed about it all the way home. Dalalala 
    ( about 68 to bonnie and Clyde) 

A true classic  :D
  • One that sticks in my mind was at Bristol Rovers away last game of the season in the mid 90s. We might have made the playoffs and it brought out all the old reprobates. On the tube they were singing "we beat the Bournemouth, we beat the Bolton,we beat them all coz we are the Charlton, woho the covered end, dupy dupy do wo dupy dupy wo" Now that is a timeless classic but I have no Idea if it is based on any original melody!
  • edited May 2022
    My favourite chant was...
    It's Marcus Bent
    It's Marcus Bent
    He's got no hair
    He loves Mayfair
    It's Marcus Bent

• ‘Stevie Gritt … got no hair but we dont care’ …

Occasionally followed by ‘curbishley, curbishley … he’s got no personality’ … harsh 
  • At QPR
     we’ll be running round rangers with our willies hanging out.
    we’ll be running round rangers with our Willies hanging out 
    we’ll be running round rangers, running round rangers , running around rangers with our willies hanging out. 
    Singing ive got a bigger one than you
    ive got a bigger etc etc