Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Washington gone

Comments

• Options
    John Marquis joining?
  • Options
    Is that a joke?
  • Options

Jake Forster-Caskey will continue with Charlton next season after the club triggered a one-year extension in his contract.

Forster-Caskey, who joined the Addicks in January 2017, was the club’s Player of the Year for the 2020/2021 season and explained how pleased he was to see his stay at The Valley extended.

He said: "I'm delighted to be staying. It's an exciting time for the club and I can't wait to get going. I believe it is going to be a great season."

Director of Recruiting, Steve Gallen, said: “I’m pleased we’re keeping Jake with us. All the Charlton fans know what a good player he is and he’s a great character to have around the club too. He’s been working hard to get back to full fitness, we’ve seen glimpses this season and now he has a full summer to get his head down and get back to the level we all know he can play.”

Ryan Inniss, Josh Davison and Nathan Harness have also had one-year extensions triggered.

Meanwhile, George Dobson, Corey Blackett-Taylor and Ashley Maynard-Brewer are set to enter the final year of their contracts and the club have an option to extend each of those contracts by a year at the end of the 2022/23 season.

Gallen added: “We have a group of players in place and our focus this summer is adding further quality to the squad.”

Jason Pearce has been offered a contract coaching in the club’s academy, while the club are in ongoing negotiations with the representatives of Ben Purrington about a potential new playing contract.

The club can confirm the following players will leave the club following the expiration of their current contracts:

• Chris Gunter

• Conor Washington

• Adam Matthews

• Ben Watson

• Pape Souare

• Stephen Henderson

The club can confirm the following players will leave the club following the expiration of their loan deals:

• Akin Famewo

• Nile John

• Elliot Lee

• Jon Leko

• Juan Castillo

• Mason Burstow

The club would like to wish every player who is leaving the best of luck for the future and thank them for their efforts during their time with Charlton.

• Options
    John Marquis joining?
    Hope not
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm a bit out of the loop, what rumours did he apparently start?
  • Options
    Real shame, he causes defenses problems with his runs and pressing.

One thing to note - do we know he was not offered a new deal? Or could it be he was offered a deal that was not satisfactory for him?
    I imagine he would have interest from other clubs in League One, so may have a better deal lined up. (Just a thought)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    John Marquis joining?
    If we go into the season with Stockley | Aneke | Marquis | Davison as our Strikers we're definitely going back to 4-3-3
  • Options
    Screams of a change of formation and no longer playing 2 up top 
  • Options
    I’d like us to have kept him as a squad player but I’m expecting to see us move back to a 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 which he doesn’t fit into. Those formations are more suited to a high press and our three wingers.

He’s not someone who’s going to stick around to wait and see if that fails, he can somewhere else and get plenty of game time.

Good luck to him.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Screams of a change of formation and no longer playing 2 up top 
    who has made that decision though? if its the owner, then we are fucked.
  • Options
    I can only presume we think we can get better than Washington.
    We'd better start lumping on a top 6 finish.