Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reality of close season ins and outs

So now we sell players to Spurs and Ajax, and buy them from Barnet, Crewe and Colchester.

Don't you just love the Championship?!

Comments

• Let's all join in a mass suicide pact. What's the point in going on?
  • Sorry a bit facetious that - cheer up Weegie!
  • We have to have a moan or collective sigh sometimes, and for me doing it among 'friends' on this board then makes it easier to put on a brave face with everyone else...
  • Not going to stop me trying to cheer you up:

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Simon Jordan

F*** off then.
  • edited July 2007
    LOL
  • that and Razil's obsession with his boss' cock have really made me laugh today !
  • We're building a team again for the first time in years, for the last few seasons its been about Premiership survival and buying players to get us results. Hopefully relegation and a clear out will be a step of two backwards to spring forward. Pards did this at Reading and West Ham and developed good squads and I reckon some of these players will be stars.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]We're building a team again for the first time in years, for the last few seasons its been about Premiership survival and buying players to get us results. Hopefully relegation and a clear out will be a step of two backwards to spring forward. Pards did this at Reading and West Ham and developed good squads and I reckon some of these players will be stars.

Absolutely spot on BFR. Thats why I'm looking forward so much to the coming season.
  • Apart from DB and Frank Carson, I'm well chuffed with the dross we've shipped out and the new players we've signed. One more for midfield and we're there or there abouts I reckon.

Hope someone doesn't have the need to bump this post up the board in November when we're in the bottom half of the table!
  • edited July 2007
    you should bump it when we're top of the league in november.

Even from afar it's pretty exciting (and nerve racking) to see a new era at the valley - I do trust Pards and think we really have a chance to get back up to the prem in the next two seasons - the only thing that worries me with pards is that if he does take us up there I think he would leave us for a bigger club if given the opportunity - thats a lot of "ifs" though
  • Sponsored links:

• Sco - thanks for trying to cheer me up - very funny!

In fact I logged off just after I posted and went out for some retail therapy - nearly worked, as I bought two dresses for weddings I've got coming up in the next few weeks. Then I found a 'to die for' pair of D&G shoes, but the only ones they had in my size had a bg scratch - almost a hole - on them, and the so and so's in the shop were only prepared to knock 10% off. So I walked out in disgust, and ended up in a bad mood again.

Before you accuse me of being a girly, anyone who actually knows me knows that shopping is not really my thing. Is this what the Championship has done to me already??

And I really hope there is no need to bump this post once the season starts!
  • If I could afford D&G shoes for the wife, I wouldn't be worrying about Charlton's signings, I'd be on the board financing better ones!

[;D]
  • wait till the season starts and judge after 10 games ....
    i predict that we'll be eighth and reality will soon set in that the golden era of curbs is no longer here and pards will hang around till he gets a better offer or is relieved of his duty by the board ;-(
  • You are my sunshine, my only sunshine....
  • Sco......can't you get Oohaah to join in your mass suicide pact? ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]wait till the season starts and judge after 10 games ....
    i predict that we'll be eighth and reality will soon set in that the golden era of curbs is no longer here and pards will hang around till he gets a better offer or is relieved of his duty by the board ;-(

Oohaah's back! :-)