Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Heaton gets the beers in.

He is. sixty today. In celebration of that he has put money behind the bar in sixty pubs across the UK and Ireland.
Seems a generous lad, previously he held a free concert for NHS Staff and donated a large amount of money to the staff at Q magazine.
All the pubs are listed on his Twitter account. Hoping he has a few light ales himself, good health.

Comments

• Options
    None in West Cork boooooo!

what a fabulous thing to do 🍻🍻🍻🍻
  • Options
    Go during Happy Hour and get more for your money...  (I'll get me coat). 
    Great song all the same!

• Options
    pettgra said:
    Go during Happy Hour and get more for your money...  (I'll get me coat). 
    Great song all the same!

• Options

None in Rotterdam either  :)
  • Options
    The fella is class. 
    Heard a scout master on R5 last year saying PH had paid for the refurb of the scout hut - but he wasn’t allowed to tell anyone. 😀
  • Options
    One of my favourite singer/songwriters and has always seemed like a decent bloke.
  • Options
    The fella is class. 
    Heard a scout master on R5 last year saying PH had paid for the refurb of the scout hut - but he wasn’t allowed to tell anyone. 😀
    Did he though ?
  • Options
    The Scout fella told the story on R5, in another context (story was about Scout membership decline). He spilt the beans, then remembered he was supposed to keep the donation anonymous. 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Promoting alcoholism, what an utter bastard!
  • Options

None in Rotterdam either  :)
    But Rotterdam is anywhere, anywhere alone. 
  • Options
    Legend of a man 
  • Options
    Out of interest, for those of us who don’t have Twitter, can anyone show us the list.
  • Options
    Top bloke, had a night out with him and Gaz Coombes in Brighton some years back before I went sober, boy could he drink!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Rob7Lee said:
    Top bloke, had a night out with him and Gaz Coombes in Brighton some years back before I went sober, boy could he drink!
    I think it may have caused memory issues.
    I saw Paul & Jacqui Abbott a few years back & he had to have the lyrics on a music stand in front of him.
    They were still great.
  • Options
    Top bloke - the song about Old Red Eye is - I believe - about himself - he was a mega drinker for years, and the song is about what he could have become - I think he is a non drinker now ??

In any event, superb gesture 👍
  • Options
    Old Red Eyes is Back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not on Twitter myself so does anyone have the FULL list of the 60 pubs & not just the ones you can see on that screenshot........because as it stands Paul Heaton is copying TFL & NOT spreading the love into Kent  !!!
  • Options
    I went to uni in Hull, we had a pucker little venue called the Adelphi. He's been writing cheques for them for the past 30 years.
  • Options
    He's a perfect 10
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Not on Twitter myself so does anyone have the FULL list of the 60 pubs & not just the ones you can see on that screenshot........because as it stands Paul Heaton is copying TFL & NOT spreading the love into Kent  !!!
    Grasshopper on the Green in Westerham is was the only one.  I guess it’s closed now
  • Options
    Trust you to take something so nice and generous of spirit and find a negative in it, you miserable fucker.

Geezer could've laid on a cab to the nearest pub for you and you'd still have found fault.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    RoanRedNY said:
    Grasshopper on the Green in Westerham is was the only one.  I guess it’s closed now
    Is that the place in the middle of nowhere, about 2 miles out of Westerham  ??  If it is then the bastard could have put the money behind the bar 21 years ago as we had a meal there the day after I got married. 
  • Options
    Reputedly shared the songwriting royalties with his bandmates despite writing almost all the songs himself 

• Options
    edited May 2022
    RoanRedNY said:
    Is t Thatnks the place in the middle of nowhere, about 2 miles for ut loofking Westerham  ??  If it is thaten the bastard could have uput the mforney behind the bar 21 years ago as we had a meal there’s a the dayrink after In goit maforried. you
    Hi Golfie, I fixed it for you!
  • Options
    @ElfsborgAddick has caught a flight back from Sweden and is desperately trying to work out the best route to get in as many of these pubs as he possible can.
    I was due back in work tomorrow, that is not happening now.