Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BBC London- Charlton show- 7-8pm

Comments

• Sounds like a replay of Brown’s thoughts from yesterday. Mentioned poor recruitment and lack of leadership in the squad.

Mortimer now on.
  • Looking at the quotes on twitter morts critical of saangard 
  • Who is the woman called Sue speaking?
    I admire how frank she is.

• If you’ve BBC Sounds app you can go to the BBC London station and tune in live, or drag back to when the Charlton section started at 7
  • Very one sided this.
  • This really isn’t reflecting what the fan base sounds like, and sounds like Aaron Paul is doing a therapy session for Sue
  • Are they gonna get someone on with a different view?
  • Chunes said:
    Are they gonna get someone on with a different view?
    No the emotive stuff is good radio 
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair, it's personal for Sue as she is so close to Jacko and his family. I tried to be balanced as did Louis.
  • I haven't heard any balance to be honest
  • That was a bit of a hit job
  • I like Aaron as a presenter, but he knows how to wind someone up and let them go, and he got some good stuff that will do well on Sounds.

I know Sue is close to Jackson but that makes the overly emotive stuff worse 

• edited May 2022
    BDL said:
    Chunes said:
    That was a bit of a hit job

Not really, do you want him to get someone in quickly? Because thats what I said. Louis also said that if he was going to do it then this is the "right" time. Let's face it there's never a right time and yes I'm gutted he's gone, he was the one consistent thing through the years of madness.
    As I said, It's Thomas's club, I hope he makes the right decision, one we can all get behind. I hope he brings in someone with experience to get us out of this league.
    I'm not critising anyone who went on the show because you were brought on to give your views and you all gave them well. My problem is that they were all variations on the same view and that it was wrong to sack JJ. But that view alone isn't representative of how the fanbase feels. The show could've sourced someone who could offer that viewpoint because otherwise it was just a hit job.
  • He wants high pressing? So, now the chairman is a coach who understands tactics....I don't know why he's talking about tactics. It worries me...He's employing his son who has no football background" - Paul Mortimer on @BBCLondonSport #cafc
    TS is like a really annoying parent who knows it all when you're trying to run a kids team - then squirms out of it when you ask them to take training to get across what they're on about. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    Rothko said:
    I like Aaron as a presenter, but he knows how to wind someone up and let them go, and he got some good stuff that will do well on Sounds.

I know Sue is close to Jackson but that makes the overly emotive stuff worse 

Not very balanced imo with regard to Jonie going. And crying over the sacking yesterday.....🙄. I'm sure Millwall fans will be pissing themselves. 
  • edited May 2022
    I do wonder if sometimes we are in a CL bubble a lot of the time in regards to the wider fanbase (I don't look at other forums or have any major interaction with the hoy paloy so to speak that may not frequent them) off the back of this piece I feel like my view is marginalised in that sense now, despite feeling that my views have validity. 
  • edited May 2022
    I do sometimes find the reaction a bit hysterical from certain people when Charlton favourites get sacked or perceived to be treated unfairly by the owner - it was the same when Chris Powell went but more justified when Powell was sacked. 

Re Jackson, I don’t think he was capable of getting the club out of L1, there was never a plan B - like or dislike Sandgaard (jury is out for me) it’s his decision & money & ultimately he didn’t believe Jackson was capable - I’d rather Sandgaard made this decision now than give Jackson the summer & we find ourselves in 12th come October after being given the transfer window 

Personally, I think it was touch & go whether Jacko deserved another season, he should have got a better tune out of the squad he had at his disposal, I think once he was made perm they downed tools which suggests he couldn’t motivate them 
  • Very one sided. Not exactly representative to invite someone on who is apparently so close to JJ. Shame Sue won’t renew her season ticket, obviously supports JJ more than she supports the team.
    Some of these people are the ones that were so vocal that Jackson should have got the job both when Bowyer left and Adkins left.

What did they think would happen?  He be manager for life?  Once he got the job it was always 70/30 he would be sacked or leave for a bigger job and they would-be gutted either way.
  • I do sometimes find the reaction a bit hysterical from certain people when Charlton favourites get sacked or perceived to be treated unfairly by the owner - it was the same when Chris Powell went but more justified when Powell was sacked. 

Re Jackson, I don’t think he was capable of getting the club out of L1, there was never a plan B - like or dislike Sandgaard (jury is out for me) it’s his decision & money & ultimately he didn’t believe Jackson was capable - I’d rather Sandgaard made this decision now than give Jackson the summer & we find ourselves in 12th come October after being given the transfer window 

Personally, I think it was touch & go whether Jacko deserved another season, he should have got a better tune out of the squad he had at his disposal, I think once he was made perm they downed tools which suggests he couldn’t motivate them 
    That was a worry for me also. Especially as he had the players to be flexible in another formation.