Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    Beale is interesting in that his star has waned a bit since the last time he was linked.

Villa don't look much cop under Gerrard so if he's supposedly "the brains" of the operation, what does that say?
    That the Premier League is (as we've always suspected) a tougher competition than the Scottish Premier League.
  • Options
    Id have no issue with Appleton. Done okay with Lincoln and ground out some cracking results. Who knows what he would do with a bigger budget as it comes across that not much phases him.
    Warburton would be decent as that is a very experienced guy. The drop in form that QPR had though was extremely poor.
    Michael Beale would be interesting due to his pedigree as a coach. Les Reed was a good coach though......

Lee Johnson is a massive no. Just a little twat and generally unlikeable. 
    Darren Ferguson is also a no. 

Personally feel we need experience. Understand Adkins had that but was out the game too long.  
    Opposition fans said the same about bowyer, he got us promoted!!
  • Options
    Reading those quotes from TS, confirms my suspicions. The guy is a clown. 

Not the 2 years of baseless waffle and bullshit he's churned out preceding this then.  Deary me the circus continues.

All the best Johnny you're better off out of the perpetual clown show that is CAFC.

Making it up as we go along. Who is calling the shots and targeting players in the interim, Gallen and Sandgaard's son?

And how are we going to convince them to sign and what the vision is when there's no manager lined up yet by inference of that SLP article?

I'll eat my words if this turns out to be a good move with some rationale well executed strategy to follow but reading that article just feels more "hit n hope". 

FFS.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Darren Ferguson is favourite at 4/1.  I see Roy Keane is 8/1 ... That would be interesting 😂
  • Options
    I think those comments are poorly expressed by Sandgaard but ultimately it boils down to the owner wanting to appoint a manager who plays a certain style. Long-term that's a good thing; lots of teams have a consistent playing philosophy and identify players and managers to suit it so that when one goes you don't have to tear everything up. We did look a bit silly buying players for Bowyer, to then appointing Adkins and playing a LB on the right wing to fit the 4231, to then buying him a load of wingers, to then sacking Adkins and shoving those wingers in at wing-back because Jackson wanted two strikers over everything else. I wish he'd pipe down a bit about the specifics as that's stretching a little further than I'd like to see in the immediate aftermath of a sacking, but we would definitely benefit from a consistent style going forward for both recruitment and manager hiring.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Michael Beale or Neil Harris for me. 
    So you basically want order in the world, or just want to sit back and watch the world burn on here?
    Yup  :D

To be fair, I actually think Harris would have a shot of getting us up. But Beale would be the perfect long-term approach. 
  • Options
    If we get Lee Johnson i'm supporting a new football club

I've just checked how much a season ticket is for Nantwich Town.
  • Options
    Personally I’d love Farke. Someone mentioned Neil Lennon to me but I think/hope they were taking the piss. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

You tease! You can't make a statement like that and not say what the cost is!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

I've heard Mark Warburton is going to be their next Manager

Naan-twich Town... GETTIT!!
  • Options
    There are lot of sharp u-turns being done on Neil Harris, people were losing their nuts at the thought he would get the job, and I suspect a lot of the affection is built on him slagging his players off on the telly at the weekend. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

You tease! You can't make a statement like that and not say what the cost is!

It's about £200 - but that gets a reserved seat in the main (ok, only) stand and free parking.
  • Options
    What about Neil Warnock - Cmon he's never actually going to retire is he!!
  • Options
    Michael Beale or Liam manning 
  • Options
    Probably best to ask the most in the know person DFT from Into the Valley. Just waiting for Euell to be sacked now. Isn't he your mate @blackpool72?
    He’s a total knob!
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Shaun Dyche , what a statemen that would be :):):)
    Not a very good one as I've never heard of him... Sean Dyche on the other hand ;)
    Ouch!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    There are lot of sharp u-turns being done on Neil Harris, people were losing their nuts at the thought he would get the job, and I suspect a lot of the affection is built on him slagging his players off on the telly at the weekend. 
    I heard a flimsy whisper about Neil Harris as long ago as Wycombe away. Which I reported on here.
    Most people in response hated the notion.
    However for some of us the view we have of Harris goes back to a time before the weekend Gillingham rant.
    On a personal level I used to see him a lot at U23 games, and he never came over as objectionable, but that kind of view is not objective.
    The objective view would be to look at his managerial career.

This wiki article is something that might help get a view of his abilities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Harris_(footballer,_born_1977)

• Options
    We wouldn’t be able to afford Beale’s wages, more like Ian Beale
  • Options
    Does it matter who we get if they have to inherit a hand picked squad of misfits chosen by Sandgaard and his son.
  • Options
    The fact that the new manager won't choose their squad rules out a lot of more experienced names. You're either looking at someone experienced and desperate or someone relatively inexperienced from a League 2 or smaller League 1 club who is happy to make the step up within those parameters. 
  • Options
    Don’t want warburton or lee johnson
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I will be getting a season ticket down Bromley if this appointment happens.
  • Options
    PWOR

Curbs 16/1
  • Options
     Convinced now that this is a rouse to bring in the players he wants without some meddling manager.
    F*******g nonsense
  • Options
    Jason Euell and curbs as his assistant all day long for me.