Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

1st Team Squad as at 3rd May

2»

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Time to put them back into a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1…
    Who is good enough to play up front on his own?  Who is good enough to score goals from midfield?  Who can play in a 4 man defence?  
  • wmcf123 said:
    Scoham said:
    Time to put them back into a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1…
    Who is good enough to play up front on his own?  Who is good enough to score goals from midfield?  Who can play in a 4 man defence?  
    I agree this squad isn’t good enough to win promotion with any formation, but I expect it’s the route we’ll go. Hopefully with a manager who’s more flexible.
  • If you are going to play a high press effectively, you need fit athletic players through the team.
  • If you are going to play a high press effectively, you need fit athletic players through the team.
    100% this . And it starts up front, and needs complete concentration - not players drifting in and  out of games 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Well this entire thread need a a revamp.. RIP 352
    Do you not think he played 352 due to the shortcomings of the squad?  No striker that could play up front on his own, immobile centre halves, lack of quality in the midfield?  
    No.
  • edited May 2022
    excluding the couple of players with an extra year option we’d don’t know if going to be triggered (JFC, Davidson), squad as currently stands...

First Team

Goalkeepers
    Craig MacGillivray 2023
    Ashley Maynard-Brewer 2023 

Wide right (full and wing) 

Wide left (full and wing) 
    Corey Blackett-Taylor 2023
    Diallang Jaiyesimi 2024
    Charlie Kirk 2025

Back 3 / Centre Backs
    Deji Elerewe 2024
    Sam Lavelle 2024
    Sean Clare 2023

Central Midfielders (Defensive & Attacking)
    George Dobson 2023
    Scott Fraser 2025
    Alex Gilbey 2023
    Albie Morgan 2023

Strikers
    Chuks Aneke 2025
    Jayden Stockley 2024
    I guess this needs updating what with the retained list and JJ departure so the formation is up in the air. 

First Team

Goalkeepers
    Craig MacGillivray 2023
    Ashley Maynard-Brewer 2023 
    Nathan Harness 2023

Right sided defenders

Left sided defenders

Centre Backs
    Deji Elerewe 2024
    Sam Lavelle 2024
    Ryan Innis 2023

Central Midfielders 
    George Dobson 2023
    Sean Clare 2023
    Scott Fraser 2025
    Alex Gilbey 2023
    Albie Morgan 2023
    Jake Forster-Caskey 2023

Wingers 
    Corey Blackett-Taylor 2023
    Diallang Jaiyesimi 2024
    Charlie Kirk 2025

Strikers
    Chuks Aneke 2025
    Jayden Stockley 2024
    Josh Davison 2023
  • Judging by this we obviously need full backs, at least three of them.  Which I don’t mind considering for the large parts it was a position we were dreadful in. 

If Clare is not deemed as a centre back by the next manager I can see us offloading Morgan or Gilbey.

The rest is up in the air considering we’ve no idea what formation will be played.
  • Judging by this we obviously need full backs, at least three of them.  Which I don’t mind considering for the large parts it was a position we were dreadful in. 

If Clare is not deemed as a centre back by the next manager I can see us offloading Morgan or Gilbey.

The rest is up in the air considering we’ve no idea what formation will be played.
    Apart from the 3 that have (rightfully) been in witness protection for most of the season and Henderson its almost like the wrong players were out of contract.
  • Looking at that updated squad list I think we'll be playing without full backs & packing the midfield instead. 3-1-5-1 anyone  ??
  • Looking at that updated squad list I think we'll be playing without full backs & packing the midfield instead. 3-1-5-1 anyone  ??
    Who’s picking the team-The Sandgaards?