Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live POTY podcast released - packed with exclusive interviews inc Jackson and Sandgaard

edited May 2022 in General Charlton
💥 NEW PODCAST

This year's POTY dinner podcast special is now available!

Join Louis Mendez, Terry Smith, Nathan Muller, Lewis Catt, Ben Cloke and Sue Gallop as they record our final podcast of the season at the 2021/22 player of the year dinner. They discuss the season as a whole, including the final day hammering at Ipswich. They hear the end-of-season awards being dished out and then enjoy a host of interviews with players and managers alike – including Jake Forster-Caskey, Women’s team boss Karen Hills and POTY Eartha Cumings, Corey Blackett-Taylor, a very drunk Scott Fraser, manager Johnnie Jackson, Jason Pearce, Mens’ POTY George Dobson (including a cameo from the same very drunk Scott Fraser along with Elliot Lee) and owner Thomas Sandgaard.

We’d like to thank all of those who have listened to and sent messages into the Charlton Live podcast this season – we cannot wait to see you all again in 2022/23.

This show is dedicated to the new Mr and Mrs Wallin – congratulations Tom and Amy!

Charlton Live were once again among the nominees for The Football Supporters’ Associations’ Club Podcast of the Year award – thanks for your support! Our shows are available as podcasts via Acast, iTunes, Deezer and many other platforms. To contact us – email studio@charltonlive.co.uk or tweet @charltonlive

Comments

• Options
    You lads make following and listening to Charlton enjoyable. 
  • Options
    Thank you @LouisMend and the gang for a very enjoyable season of podcasts. Look forward to more after a well deserved break. 
  • Options
    Just had a listen, good stuff.

Scott Fraser sounds like a fun guy in the changing room.

Jacko deleted his twitter!  

Interesting stuff from Thomas.  The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, however.

Note TS referred to the "women" when talking about the ladies side.  PC/Woke gone mad.
  • Options
    That Jacko interview is well worth a listen 😂
  • Options
    I tune in every week. Great show. Thanks for the season fellas. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys for all your podcasts this season.  Enjoy your well-earned break.
  • Options
    Great show - some great insights and a few head scratch inspiring comments from at least one of those interviewed… Make your own minds up!
  • Options
    Really enjoyed listening to that today. Listened to the whole programme, time well spent.
    Thanks to all the Charlton Live team, all season.
    See you next season.
  • Options
    Superb podcasts which I listen to in the Gym or on the train. 

It feels like I am in the pub talking to my mates. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We all need a drink after that season. Sounds like Jackson and the boys got stuck in!
  • Options
    Excellent podcast as always, seems like it was a good night
  • Options
    Excellent podcast.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    mainly cause he's clearly had a few beers 
  • Options
    Brilliant show gents and look forward to it.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    totally understand why he'd had a few beers now....if that were me, not sure I'd have been able to keep my mouth shut
  • Options
    Thanks for another year of pods Louis. Can’t be easy making them when the team is performing the way it has been.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    totally understand why he'd had a few beers now....if that were me, not sure I'd have been able to keep my mouth shut

Listen again. There's no way he knew about this. Spoke far too much about his future at the club.Reckon he got the call last night
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Listen again. There's no way he knew about this. Spoke far too much about his future at the club.Reckon he got the call last night
    You can also here hear now awkward TS sounds when Louis asks the last question to him about backing Jacko in the summer. But definitely agree, from the way Jacko talks it doesn't sound like a man who thought he was leaving imminently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any chance of a special @LouisMend
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Any chance of a special @LouisMend
    Give the fella a break, he’s got a bairn due any minute!
  • Options
    Tbf I would have done one tonight if I wasn’t in an online antenatal class  
  • Options
    Bet you are itching for a special @LouisMend. Hope you can fit one in this week sometime, as today’s developments are as pod-worthy as anything else we have witnessed this year…
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Tbf I would have done one tonight if I wasn’t in an online antenatal class  
    Not sure what would be more painful, giving birth or being a Charlton fan!!!!😂….. good luck anyway.👍
  • Options
    Great podcast - Fraser well pissed and terrific fun - can imagine him being quite a character in the dressing room.

JJ definitely tipsy and I think he knew the sacking was imminent.