Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seventy five years ago today...

Comments

• Options
    I was born 6 years after the event and spent my youth dreaming of seeing us repeat the feat.
    It isn't going to happen is it?
  • Options
    @Redmidland bought his first pint?
    Aged 33
  • Options
    Pitch could have done with a good soaking.
  • Options
    My brother was born the day we won the cup. My father must have had mixed feelings as he was a Millwall fan.
  • Options
    My Chumley-Warner on commentary 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I was 18 months old, and honestly, I was not there, but my parents were
  • Options
    South East London surely?
  • Options
    My brother was born the day we won the cup. My father must have had mixed feelings as he was a Millwall fan.
    What made you support CAFC being your Dad was a Millwall  fan and who did your brother support ?  Where were you living at the time?

• Options
    Why? Has anyone from SW London won it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why? Has anyone from SW London won it?
    Wombledon?
  • Options
    Of course, yes. Fair point then.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Pitch could have done with a good soaking.
    Sorry to band on about this again, but I’m genuinely puzzled. The ball was bouncing around like it was made of rubber. I guess the balls were different back then, but I’d expect them to be more like a lump of concrete than super bouncy. Pitch was super dry as guess as there was a mini heatwave, but didn’t they water them back then. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Isn't it wonderful that the Club had a dinner in 1997 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of our FA Cup win?

Not ... 50 years since we won anything ... but a milestone celebration of our main achievement.

75 years on, I guess we've learned the lesson.