Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: CHARLTON 2-0 SHREWSBURY

many thanks to the 46 Lifers who gave marks
this has been composed through a fog of Covid so apologies for any errors

Comments

• Options
    Ditto, hope you get better soon LL!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    In comparison we scored 70 goals last season. This year is 53. Wigan have scored 77 this season. For me this is the number 1 metric which we must improve. Don’t think anyone at the club is beyond criticism for this number.

Could CBT playing 40+ matches score 5+? Fraser & JFC get 5+ each?Would be asking Jacko how we can get more goals across the team next season, except from just relying on the front 3.

• Options
    Get well soon LL.
  • Options
    You'll be right in no time! 
  • Options
     I'd be interested to see how many games Albie has played for his 8 assists. 

Just might shut a few people up. 
  • Options
    In comparison we scored 70 goals last season. This year is 53. Wigan have scored 77 this season. For me this is the number 1 metric which we must improve. Don’t think anyone at the club is beyond criticism for this number.

Could CBT playing 40+ matches score 5+? Fraser & JFC get 5+ each?Would be asking Jacko how we can get more goals across the team next season, except from just relying on the front 3.

I agree that our midfielders are crap & should be chipping in with half a dozen each, but the front 4 (if you include Burstow) scored 30 between them. Considering the top goal scorers in this League are on 24 that's a pretty bad indictment.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Around 20 if the BBC goalscorers & assist stats are to be believed. 
  • Options
    TEL said:

I would imagine most are from corners (the majority of which aren't great, but have improved).
  • Options
    How many assists from set pieces would Albie Morgan have this season if Stockley, and especially Aneke and Inniss, had spent more time playing. The quality and power of Chuks heading is fantastic as proven with his two headers recently. 

Albie Morgan is an enigma because his delivers from a dead ball are improving but his shooting with a moving ball remains poor and his goal return is absymal. Albie is much fitter this season and does a lot of closing down that appears to go unnoticed.
    After a hundred game, I thought Morgan would be further on with his development.

As Gilbey who I thought was going to push on after the Ipswich home game is as daft as a brush (his two yellow cards were insane) then Morgan would be in my squad for next season ahead of Gilbey who really should be more consistent as he does have a great engine and can go past people.

Stats can tell you information but it can also askew the minutiae of a match. We all extrapolate the information that will defend or attack the player in question depending on our preferences.