Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Charlton book - The Valiant 1000 part 1

2»

Comments

• Options
    1 - 500 c. 70 years
    500 - 1,000 c. 30 years.
  • Options
    Wow.  I was given a Valiant 1000 last night - a sort of late Fathers Day celebration - and it’s very difficult to put down.  It is highly readable, comprehensive statistics of course but much much more than that with player descriptions and highlights and what happened to them before and after Charlton.

Just poking around at this stage.  First player I opened up at was Nicky Bailey. - sadly and most unfairly his reputation was tarnished by that missed Swindon Town penalty. The Nicky Bailey entry finishes “despite his parents having run a fruit and vegetable stall, he claimed to have never eaten a salad or vegetable in his life, preferring his regular fare of nine tasty chicken nuggets from McDonalds before every game”.

The book concludes with Hall of Fame, Player of the Year and other notable awards.  Most pleasing though was a warm accolade for our Jean - This lovely lady gives so much of her time and energy to her beloved Charlton Athletic and is the first person to run to the assistance of anyone in need from within the Charlton Family.
  • Options
    1 - 500 c. 70 years
    500 - 1,000 c. 30 years.
    1001-1500 probably about 15 years are that going rate.
  • Options
    NOT available in the Castore shop

Available in the Museum shop
  • Options
    Bought this from the Museum a few weeks back and can thoroughly recommend it. Looking forward to the next two volumes.
  • Options
    Does anyone happen to know if Volume 2 is available yet please?  If not, when’s it due.
  • Options
    Likely being worked on as we speak....

@killerjerrylee probably burning the midnight oil again....and again ad infinitum. 
  • Options
    Thanks Fanny.  It’s worth waiting for.
  • Options
    Volume 1 on sale in the museum where you will also find the  author and can ask him for an update.

Lots of other Charlton books on sale too.
  • Options
    Does anyone happen to know if Volume 2 is available yet please?  If not, when’s it due.
    Thanks for the interest. Volume 2 is at an advanced stage and like Volume 1 will contain 333 biogs of Charlton players. It is a completely mad project but very enjoyable, although time confusing to research. So far 281 have been completed so there are 52 more to do. Not sure when it will be ready, but sometime the other side of Christmas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Query - as you've already done A-H in volume 1, and I'm assuming I-Z in volume 2, any future numbers will potentially feature those with surnames beginning with letters in volume 1. Will a volume 3 just go for new numbers regardless of surname? 
  • Options
    Available on Amazon for £30.