Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Would you sign any of our loanees this season permanently..?

Just wondered what your thoughts are on this question? 

It may be an obvious one which equates to none, or some may see potential for one or more to be sticking around.

The only one player of this season’s loanees I would offer a deal to is Norwich’s Famewo. He can do better and be more consistent no doubt, but he is still young and I just have this inkling may turn into a very good player over the coming few years.

A pass for me on Lee, Leko (regrettably and more the system we are playing than him, as I really like the lad), Burstow, Castillo and John (latter two neither of which I have seen).

Our loanee strategy has clearly not worked out this season, so let’s hope for better next season…

Comments

• Pay day loans this year.  Send them back.
  • The only one I would sign is John for the u23s.  Of course that won't happen so it's a no from me. 
  • Torn on Famewo, rated him last season, but he's been a lot worse this season.

But then I wonder if he could turn that around, and whether we'd get any better.  We need to sign 3 or 4 CBs if Pearce and Inniss go and we're going to play 3 at the back, he's a left footer etc....

The others, nope.
  • Nope not at all
  • Possibly Famewo, Burstow (but only if Chelski pay us), not Arter, Lee or Leko, can’t comment on the other two. 
  • I wouldn’t keep any of them.
    I would rather see encouragement for our younger players than the types of loan we have had for the past couple of seasons.
    Hard to think about much that loan players have added recently rather than make up the numbers.

• Sponsored links:

• None of them. 
  • Prior to that the likes of Cullen and Bielik prove we can get useful players in. This season it has just not worked out. 
  • Akin for me .  Certainly not Leko or Lee
  • None except maybe Famewo if a free / small transfer fee.  Too inclined to pass it long and often misses the target.
  • None except maybe Famewo if a free / small transfer fee.  Too inclined to pass it long and often misses the target.
    Agreed. Famewo could be a good addition to the squad if he doesn’t take up too much of our budget. 
  • Famewo but only if it doesn't take too much out of our budget.
  • No. 

Not good enough for the money them or their club would demand. 
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    None except maybe Famewo if a free / small transfer fee.  Too inclined to pass it long and often misses the target.
    Agreed. Famewo could be a good addition to the squad if he doesn’t take up too much of our budget. 
    Was there an option to buy written into the loan deal?
  • Definitely Famewo. Possibly Lee because I'm not convinced by Fraser. 
  • se9addick said:
    None except maybe Famewo if a free / small transfer fee.  Too inclined to pass it long and often misses the target.
    Yeah we do have an option to buy him - Whether that is conditional on us getting promoted to the Championship though, as others suggested when it was announced, remains to be seen.

After two years with us though, I wouldnt be surprised if Akin wants to go on loan with a Championship club now - Or even attempt to force his way into the Norwich team, now they're back at that level.
  • se9addick said:
    There was, I’m not sure how much it was. I wouldn’t spend much though as I would hope he’s just a squad player. 
  • Decent loan signings are out there and we've had a few very good ones - the likes of Cullen, Bielik, Gallagher and Dasilva to name four. We should have a decent handle on the ones at PL London clubs and those four all came from there but the ones we've been sent recently seem to have been part of some sort of bizarre agreement just to get them off their host club's books - Castillo and John have made two appearances between them - presumably because they have too many of that ilk and ability.
  • Famewo at a pinch.
    At his best he can shine in this league and he is still young enough to develop consistency and improve his game.
    None of the others.
    Whatever loans we bring in this summer I hope will be of sufficient quality to improve the squad, not just make up the numbers
  • Decent loan signings are out there and we've had a few very good ones - the likes of Cullen, Bielik, Gallagher and Dasilva to name four. We should have a decent handle on the ones at PL London clubs and those four all came from there but the ones we've been sent recently seem to have been part of some sort of bizarre agreement just to get them off their host club's books - Castillo and John have made two appearances between them - presumably because they have too many of that ilk and ability.
    Castillo is the one that made most sense, on the face of it, when we first signed him.  We didn't really have a natural left wing back.  Out of contract in the summer, good age, pedigree etc etc.

Then the real reason we signed him came up....... 
  • Nope none of them for me