Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

woolwich-barclays

anyone had any problems since the recent switching of accounts etc.
i am (was) with the woolwich and was told (by woolwich staff) that i don't have to make any changes to direct debits standing orders etc and also don't have to inform my employers about the change of accounts for my wages.
today being thursday is the 1st payday for a lot of weekly paid people and there are people queuing outside eltham barclays (the queues have been out the door all week), saying their money hasn't gone in or has gone into the wrong account.
anyone hearing of anything similar or anyone know if i should be worried.

Comments

• Barclays and all the big banks are a pile of shite. They really do not give a toss about the likes of us anymore. They know we all need bank accounts these days and their arrogance knows no bounds.
    I used to work for Barclays.
  • I've had a few clients moaning big time about this.

Not Good!
  • Mate here at work has been moaning about Woolwich - Barclays all week... something to do with his internet banking access being wiped out...
  • It's to do with the fact that Barclay's ( who own Woolwich) are replacing all the Woolwich current accounts with Barclays current accounts.

I was told that it would be a simple straightforward process but it seems that it's far from.

Internet stuff has gone wrong but also have transfering of DD's and salary credits.

Sounds like it's mayhem with some people.

Not a good PR job for a company that actually has some very good mortgage products
  • edited July 2007
    I've got a few accounts that were with the Woolwich and are now being transferred to Barclays.

Never have liked Barclays since I worked in the banking business years ago - not with one of the clearing banks - and I always found Barclays to be the most arrogant of the main banks. Since those days all of them have become increasingly disinterested in customers and just want their money by any means possible, whether by charges, penalties, interest etc etc.

I know Barclays have owned the Woolwich for some time but now that the accounts will have the Barclays name and they are messing about with internet banking and all the other stuff I'm going to close my accounts and transfer them to another of my bank accounts. Fortunately I don't have any messy stuff tied up with them!
  • my housemate's missus works in the complaints dept. at Barclays - she is coming home telling nightmare stories.

i just laugh
  • stay away from banks and move to Building societies
  • PBS, I'm due to get paid tomorrow - will let you know if the money goes in ok.

Mum checked when she was up the highstreet last, and the (then) Woolwich told her that we dont need to change anything - direct debits, standing orders, or payroll stuff (though i wasn't convinced - prior to your posting!). We've had our account details but still waiting cards/cheque book etc. If you want to pay into your old Woolwich account you have to have with you your new Barclays account and sort code details, and fill in the paying in slip (something else we are expected to receive through the post)

Looks like a fun time ahead. Must brush up on my complaints letter writing skills ...
  • Update: money went in this morning :-)