Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Cambridge United v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 19 April

edited April 2022 in General Charlton
Evening to all the Matchday crew, another couple of hours football excellence ahead. And while you’re watching the Liverpool game, you can follow Charlton on this thread :-)

Cambridge away tonight, one change with Washington in for Burstow. Will it be another evening of frustration or will it end Abbey every after?

Come on you reds!

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Bloody hell, just realised we are below Cambridge in the league
  • Options
    Elerewe comes into the team after Purrington picked up a niggle - Deji was supposed to play for the U23s today. 
  • Options
    Washington back in - we will win tonight.
  • Options
     I'm beginning to think I am the only person who has bought the stream and isn't watching liverpool/man utd.

Oh well, when we beat our record away win score there are going to be some disappointed people....
    😁 
  • Options
     I'm beginning to think I am the only person who has bought the stream and isn't watching liverpool/man utd.

Oh well, when we beat our record away win score there are going to be some disappointed people....
    😁 
    Charlton game on the PC

Liverpool vs Man Utd on the tablet
  • Options
    Bringing Deji back without him having any minutes in the U23S. 

Surely it's time to start JFC and say give him 60 mins. Jacko finds it hard to move away from his fav "Gilbs" despite being worse than average for some time now.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Seven changes from the Cambridge team that won at Wigan. 

No Mitov (GK), Williams (RB), Digby (CM), May (CM), Brophy (LW), Knibbs (AM) or Ironside (ST).

In comes Mannion (GK), Bennett (RB), O’Neill (CM), Worman (CM), Lankester (LW), Hoolahan (AM) and Tracey (RW). Smith moves from RW to ST.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

3 points in the bag tonight, don't get all this Scousers V Manure on Sky tonight....what have they got that we can't match.... B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

😁 
    Charlton game on the PC

Liverpool vs Man Utd on the tablet
    Now that is seriously good thinking.... 
  • Options
    they beat table toppers Wigan at Wigan on Saturday .. so be warned 
  • Options
    edited April 2022

No Mitov (GK), Williams (RB), Digby (CM), May (CM), Brophy (LW), Knibbs (AM) or Ironside (ST).
    Any idea why?

A goalie making his debut. Let's test him with some belting strikes. 
  • Options
    Elerewe comes into the team after Purrington picked up a niggle - Deji was supposed to play for the U23s today. 
    Personally i wish he was starting and some of our other kids were at least on the bench.

What is Jackson going to learn tonight from seeing the likes of Pearce and Gilbey? Leko and Burstow probably won't be here next season so are just wasting bench spots.
  • Options
    Yann is the guest on CharltonTV on Saturday  :D
  • Options

In comes Mannion (GK), Bennett (RB), O’Neill (CM), Worman (CM), Lankester (LW), Hoolahan (AM) and Tracey (RW). Smith moves from RW to ST.
    How can Cambridge have a squad on their budget to be able to make 7 changes??
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Surely it's time to start JFC and say give him 60 mins. Jacko finds it hard to move away from his fav "Gilbs" despite being worse than average for some time now.
    Because Purrington pulled out with injury so Deji has to step in 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    stonemuse said:
    Yann is the guest on CharltonTV on Saturday  :D
    Why do they always save the best guests for the home games???

No offence to Phil Chapple etc of course
  • Options
    Personally i wish he was starting and some of our other kids were at least on the bench.

What is Jackson going to learn tonight from seeing the likes of Pearce and Gilbey? Leko and Burstow probably won't be here next season so are just wasting bench spots.
    They were better off playing in the under 23 today instead of sitting on a bench .. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:

Any idea why?

Rest and rotation now they have nothing left to play for.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Says it all about Souare and Gunter, the former we knew was basically gone after we tried to get rid in January - But Gunter's time is clearly up now. 
  • Options
    they beat table toppers Wigan at Wigan on Saturday .. so be warned 
    They had 4 wins out of last 5 … so they are the form team .. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    mendonca said:

Any idea why?

Shame we're not copying them.

We're more interested in pointless places in a finished this season - Instead of looking at who we could possibly use next season. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022

How can Cambridge have a squad on their budget to be able to make 7 changes??
    A couple of these players are from their U23s I believe - Bennett and Worman are both 20. The others just haven’t got much game time recently but have played here and there during the season.

CBT up against their young right back should be interesting.

I would be hoping that Gilbey and Morgan can show something tonight against their second string midfield but don’t hold your breath…
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Says it all about Souare and Gunter, the former we knew was basically gone after we tried to get rid in January - But Gunter's time is clearly up now. 
    Still think paying off those and Watson would have probably bought more in goodwill for TS than keeping them around to do nothing.
  • Options

They were better off playing in the under 23 today instead of sitting on a bench .. 
    I disagree, and i think if you asked any of the U23s if they'd rather have played the game this afternoon or travelled with the first team, sat on the bench and got on for 5-10 minutes, they'd all say the latter.

Season is over and Jackson should be looking to next season, so what's the point having Leko and Burstow on the bench?
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Any idea why?

Shame we're not copying them.

We're more interested in pointless places in a finished this season - Instead of looking at who we could possibly use next season. 
    Jj is worried about his job/contract or we'd be doing exactly the same surely.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!