Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Good are you Chatting up the Fairer Sex...?

edited July 2007 in Not Sports Related
Some people have it, others do not, 'Gift of the Gab' or WSS predatory instincts. How do you fair when trying to talk to a female you may have just met in a bar/club?

Me, I have gotta say if I even get to that stage I am doing well, far to shy & never know what to really say. I'd rate myself a Generous 2 out of 10.

Comments

• Options
    never done it....
  • Options
    You should try the line

"Have you met my mate ... Gay Steve, 33 ... from Southend "
  • Options
    Wrong category mate, surely chatting up birds IS a sport ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I'd rate myself a Generous 2 out of 10.

that pisses all over me.
  • Options
    Just watching WSS at work is like viewing an artist creating a beautiful painting.
  • Options
    going back to when i was single;-) ... i was the most pathetic mumbling fool that could ever have attempted to pull a bird so i'd give myself 0.5 out of 10
  • Options
    I got the bestest chat up line, and it 99% of the time works. Its how i got mrs mcs to like me!

Morning love, have you ever your belly button licked, from the inside

or my other china,

Have you got any ginger in you, (if answer is yes) well do you want some more (if answer is no) do you want some!

Charming eh

Anyway seriosly, never had a problem chatting up the ladies, gift of the gab and all that!
  • Options
    pretty rubbish at making the first move, but ok if I have an introduction.. anyway I'm retired.
  • Options
    I'm with you ketters not very good at it.

Just get smashed have a look round if theres anyone worse off make your way over. Very little conversation required then!
  • Options
    Just ask West side for his sharking tips and within days you'll be a pro
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i'm wasted being married, i'm full of enough sh*t to fertilise a field.

Chatting people up is purely a game, nothing more than that. Take note of everything the other says and adapt your conversation and personality to try and appeal to them.

Make em giggle, seem friendly and non-threatening, and that you're not taking yourself too seriously. Be complimentary, without being over the top, too forward, or sleazy. Appear as if you're happy, you're doing nothing more than sharing a joke or conversation, and if you've had a drink, not pished.

I'm a firm believer that most people could virtually chat up anyone they wanted within reason if they go about it with the right approach.
  • Options
    And if you talking about chatting to someone in a bar or club, then lie. Lie your ar3e off.

Names, jobs, background, stories, make the whole lot up. See how far and outrageous your stories get before they twig, but make sure they realise your only having a giggle.

Obviously don't say your name is Fitz and a Dolphin Trainer if you're at a formal blind date dinner.....
  • Options
    its true afka, all you have to have is a bit of confidence, and if you can make a bird laugh, your half way there!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    "Hi can I buy you a drink" normally breaks the ice...... Then take it from there - we are not all ice queens you know.

;-)

Mx
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]never done it....

[cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i'm wasted being married, i'm full of enough sh*t to fertilise a field.

Chatting people up is purely a game, nothing more than that. Take note of everything the other says and adapt your conversation and personality to try and appeal to them.

Make em giggle, seem friendly and non-threatening, and that you're not taking yourself too seriously. Be complimentary, without being over the top, too forward, or sleazy. Appear as if you're happy, you're doing nothing more than sharing a joke or conversation, and if you've had a drink, not pished.

I'm a firm believer that most people could virtually chat up anyone they wanted within reason if they go about it with the right approach.

Mrs B off line now??????

To be honest- just be yourself and just don't look like you'retrying too hard.

Oh and being a soap star works well! ;-)
  • Options
    i've got A girlfriend, yes i'm a terrible flirt but lets get one thing straight - thats all it is - flirting!

Anywhose, before my current squeeze i was not that successful with chatting up - i would chat and chat and chat but it does not mean you necessarily get anywhere.

Try to find some common interests with the person you are talking to rather than the cheesy stuff i think.
  • Options
    If you're going down the bullshit route try to remember what you spout out!

I've lost count of the amount of times I've claimed I was a dolphin trainer, fighter pilot, brain surgeon etc and forgotten five minutes later.

DJ is boring it seems! Or too unbelievable!!
  • Options
    Am a love God of the highest order and AFKA has given away all the secrets...

That said I've been in a relationship (with the same person) for the last 14 years and so maybe it's all in my head?

The book 'The Game' (is that what it's called?) is one man's diary of his journey into 'pulling' and makes a good read in places....
  • Options
    can you remember the name of the guy who wrote it (new yorker i think ?)

heard him interviewed on the radio once and it sounded a really good read
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]pretty rubbish at making the first move, but ok if I have an introduction.. anyway I'm retired.

Same here, I'd give myself a rather big headed 8 out of 10 if I've had an introduction, 0 if not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AFKA - here you go..

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Penetrating-Secret-Society-Artists/dp/0060554738
  • Options
    AFKA your comments further up are somewhat of an insight..

Charlton Charlie - ditto....

(large winky thing!)
  • Options
    Why treat someone you fancy any differently to someone you'd like to meet in general? Be friendly, find out if you like them, find out and talk about things you have in common pay some subtle compliments and treat them well. If you then get on it's a great start. If other people have got the lingo that's them not you. Perhaps your goal is to meet a potential Mrs Ketman and not a quick legover? In which case the chatting up process is a slower get to know type of thing, not a "hey baby" approach.

Don't take this wrong way Kets, but you are top bloke who loves life - nowt wrong with you mate.
  • Options
    cos when you fancy them you get all nervous and jangly..... its different if you get an introduction tho
  • Options
    Absolutely usless.
  • Options
    And having witnessed it a few times,

is there anything better / worse / funnier than being out in a group, seeing a mate pluck up the courage, approach a girl he likes, she seems to be a really nice girl and they're getting on really well, only for your fat sweaty mate to come over, bend her over, dry hump her from behind and try to get her lills out !!

LOL
  • Options
    And here is that mate
  • Options
    I'm too bloody good at it! It has got me into so many situations that are not so good as they seemed once the cold light of day has hit me.
  • Options
    In my younger days, went to a nightclub in Penzance called the Barn. Was with a couple of mates and we'd been on the lash all day so come 11pm we was in a right mess. Anyway, in walks a couple of, shall we say, above average size girls with heaving cleavage and plenty jewellery resting on the aforementioned cleavage. Without any prompting or discussion I went up to one of them and said ' Do you think you could fall in love with a bloke like me?' Well, before you could get say yer kit off, she had me back to her flat and was fumbling around in the dark trying to get my trousers off. We was making so much noise , I fell over the coffee table and broke a few things, one of her children came in. The little boy said 'Mummy, is that Daddy?' to which the reply was 'No, it's Puff the Magic Dragon but he'll be gone in the morning'. That kinda sobered me up a little coz it turned out her husband was a fisherman and he was due back with the next high tide in the morning. At that point I promptly left never to return.
  • Options
    Me and Gorgeous George used to tell the laydeez that we worked as a couple of Gondaleers in Venice during the summer and were back in London (in our work suits!) just doing a bit of temping work until the tourist season properly kicked in again.

Even went into great detail about how there was a local Gondaleer mafia and a strict pecking order as to who got the plum jobs.

It never worked mind you, but was fun!

Aside from that I am absolutely awful at that caper - always have been.