Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lap of Honour this year

How are we feeling about it this year?  On the one hand, the players haven’t been able to do one for the last two seasons given Covid, so it’s a chance for them and us to give each other a send off, but on the other, this season’s been such a let down, I personally won’t be hanging around for it.

Comments

• Options
    Lap of Dis Honour more like.
  • Options
    ads said:
    They'll be getting the middle finger and a wave goodbye
    Bloody Americanisms it should be two fingers or a hand shandy gesture.
  • Options
    Think we should all stay but turn our backs on them. 

Been a shambles of a season, personally think they should scrap the idea and let us get away quickly so we can enjoy our summer.
  • Options
    Jacko speech ?
    (chuckles)
  • Options
    The only reason I’m going is to boo them off during the lap of dishonour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They should be clapping us,  and giving a mention to those who have travelled long distances midweek. 
  • Options
    Suggested playlist to accompany them.

If I could turn back time, Cher
    Sorry seems to be the hardest word, Elton
    Please forgive me, Bryan Adams
    Winner takes it all (losers have to fall) Abba
    Don't look back in Anger, Oasis. 

• Options
    The one vital thing lacking from the vast majority of our players this season is the one thing I expect every player to have, I call it passion, perhaps total commitment is a better term ..  some skills, proper effort, I expect that as a given, those alone are not enough so far as I'm concerned .. without passion there is no honour, so no, no 'lap of honour' will convince me that the majority of our players are totally committed to the CAFC cause
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    There is no honour to lap up.
    I agree with AFKA, if there is the usual fart arseing about with families and stuff that takes ages to get going there will be nobody left. Certainly not me anyway.
    At the final whistle the whole squad should appear with a big thank you sign, applaud the loyal fans, then bugger off and prepare for Ipswich.
    I would rather clap Mick Everett and the departing head groundsman.
    The sign should say sorry.
  • Options
    Likely to be the last time fans can show their appreciation of Souare and Watson (amongst others), personally I am gutted I cannot make it.
  • Options
    That’s the valuable drinking time I could be missing out on if they decided to see off this awful season with a walk around the pitch. 

So for that reason, I’m out. 
  • Options
    As Doucher said above, I haven’t witnessed lack of effort in very many games, we simply have neither had enough quality, nor the right chemistry available to us in too many games, while carrying a few too many players way past their best and some rough injury spells. Add to that a recruitment drive which came way too late into the start of the season… 

Loads of work to do this summer, no doubt, but IF we are to say goodbye to the likes of Washington, Inniss, Dobson could be a risk if a Championship club came in for him for all we know, they will be seeing me wait behind, clapping and thanking them for their efforts. In a shit season, Stockley is on the cusp of 20 goals too and players like CBT and Lavelle have come from a place of Google searching to part of next season’s building plans. A lot not to like, but some things to applaud and if anybody is seriously thinking on staying to boo or make foul gestures, please go enjoy a pint after the final whistle and save our great club the embarrassment. We are way better than that regardless of inevitable frustrations…

• Options
    I haven't seen them televised or live all season and they have right royally pissed on my chips this season.

If they have half a conscience instead of a ready propensity to gurn into a camera in training for publishing on soschial meedya, they will slink off back down the tunnel, hand the sacred jersey back and fuck off!
  • Options
    I haven't seen them televised or live all season and they have right royally pissed on my chips this season.

If they have half a conscience instead of a ready propensity to gurn into a camera in training for publishing on soschial meedya, they will slink off back down the tunnel, hand the sacred jersey back and fuck off!
    The players thank you for your loyal support  :)
  • Options

are you in prison? blind or being held hostage? how can u not have seen them play this season?