Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Morecambe | Saturday 15th April 2022

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Can't see Jackson holding on to his job.  All change again this summer and so it goes, same circus, new clowns.
    Can’t see TS sacking him this season.
    For Jackson to be our manager next season TS has to renew his contract which expires this summer 
  • There's just zero pattern of play. 

Every other team looks well drilled and knows exactly what they want to do to work the ball forward. We look like we don't have a clue. 
  • Come on you addicks. 

Get stuck in , and get shots on target 
  • Macca is a joke, get rid
  • Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Can't see Jackson holding on to his job.  All change again this summer and so it goes, same circus, new clowns.
    For Jackson to be our manager next season TS has to renew his contract which expires this summer 
    I thought it was 18 months and from next season it would depend on form
  • Was gonna forecast a 1-3 on the Pre match thread but thought it might come across as half empty and unsupportive.  Now not so sure it wasn’t half full and a little generous
  • We cant even blame @Callumcafc for jinxing us today
    Yeah but this game doesn't count because its a Friday or something. 
  • Big game Tuesday. Battle for 14th. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Same old same old.

Great opening 10, fast purposeful passing and movement, tailed off a bit then on 20 Morecombe (or whoever we play) get into the game and we struggle to pull anything together.

Given how often this happens, and how predictible in terms of times it is I wonder if its coaching intstructions. A couple of players switching off sure, the whole team at the same time always though?
  • Probably doesn't help that Morecambe probably showed up initially with the aim to get a draw, so sat back and made us look better than what we are. 

Their performances certainly improved around the time that Gillingham took the lead... 
  • Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    Which he will
  • Does Alex Gilbey actually know where he is these days?
  • Half the team are on the beach already.... Stockley has been poor, and Pearce and Famewo being taught a lesson. Burstow, Gilbey and CBT have shown flashes but not enough. Morgan and Dobson need to move more. 

Of course this could just be the set up for Chuks to come on and cause mayhem?
  • There genuinely are no words that can describe how hopeless this team is. 

But I'll try. Incompetent, inept, hopeless, unintelligent, useless, ineffective. That will do to start. 

Honestly, I have no idea where we go with this team. Or dare I say manager. 
  • The body language on the touchline is awful 
  • Every week I say big clear out needed including  manager I’m afraid 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    ct_addick said:
    Bring JFC Chuks and Washington on
     For? Gilbey, Morgan and Burstow for me
    Yep
  • Truly awful stuff, this.

Bossed by Morecambe at home. 
  • There genuinely are no words that can describe how hopeless this team is. 

But I'll try. Incompetent, inept, hopeless, unintelligent, useless, ineffective. That will do to start. 

Honestly, I have no idea where we go with this team. Or dare I say manager. 
    Can I add SHITE to that list.
  • What’s struck me from the stands is a complete lack of urgency to get the game going. I understand slowing it down if the other side have the ball. But at 0-2 down, to see Albie Morgan WALKING to take a corner is infuriating.
    He needs to give Pearce time to get forward from the back
  • What’s struck me from the stands is a complete lack of urgency to get the game going. I understand slowing it down if the other side have the ball. But at 0-2 down, to see Albie Morgan WALKING to take a corner is infuriating.
    He needs to give Pearce time to get forward from the back
    It’s less about the time taken and more about showing the oppo you’re in a game. We look like we don’t give two shiny sh*ts.
  • ross1 said:
    Leuth said:
    Scoham said:
    I thought it was 18 months and from next season it would depend on form
    This. Pretty much remember TS saying Jacko is safe this season. 
  • The way I feel is it is that average players, coached averagely, will produce average performances, meaning you inevitably end up in an average position in the league. 

It’s all just so average. 

• Curbs just said.: They're in the bottom 4 and are under pressure. We need to take advantage of them being 2-0.

Im sorry Curbs, you are a legend, but that's not a view I'm sharing at half time. 
  • Scott plugging season tickets for next season. Lol. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!