Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hello Quo...

Status Quo night tonight on BBC4 9.00pm starting with a documentary covering the early day's
followed by the Acoustic..which i am not 100% ok with..but different 
So calling all Quo Fans out there, if there are any apart from me, should be a good watch.. B)

Comments

• seth plum said:
    Whatever you want I suppose…
    Don’t waste my time with comments like that. No need to put them down down 
  • OK, I won’t go any deeper and down.
  • just booked tickets to see Rossi solo next June with meet n greet. Him and Halesy are my childhood heros lol. 
  • Shocking, all over the world.
  • Some puns of course, which are great ;)
    But while i am sitting "in my chair" with "Caroline", the "Big fat Mama", and the "Rain" going
    "Down the Dustpipe", "what your proposing" I've heard "4500 times".
    I could take my "Paper plane" and go "Down Down" without "Burning Bridges", or just
    "Roll over lay Down" and enjoy some Margarita Time" with "Claudie", but at the end of the day
    "Whatever you Want"... B)

• My brother loves Quo.  I was a bit of a mod and as there is only 18 months between us, things sometimes got a bit tasty at home growing up.

However age has mellowed me and I love a bit of the Quo classics.
  • edited April 2022
    Spooky he has literally just sent me this...

Bloody greasers!  Third class tickets.😁

• An old mate put the phasing effect on their Pictures of Matchstick Men single, so tried to claim their success was down to him lol.
    Least pretentious band of all time perhaps, but never really did it for me.
  • JamesSeed said:
    An old mate put the phasing effect on their Pictures of Matchstick Men single, so tried to claim their success was down to him lol.
    Least pretentious band of all time perhaps, but never really did it for me.
    best song by them. went a bit bland after that. should of got your mate in to the studio bit more often. 
  • Sponsored links:

• anybody got an original Pictures album they might want to sell. 
  • great great documentary even if you’re not a fan
  • Billy_Mix said:
    great great documentary even if you’re not a fan
    You can say that…Again again again again again again…
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6RzRfVlpA

Great documentary, and such down to earth guys, shame Rick and Alan (RIP) are no longer with us, but didn't do bad with 3 chords, sometimes 4 or 5... ;) excellent live band..
  • Most definitely responsible for my terrible maths CSE exam result (front row at Hammersmith Odeon the night before).
  • Shrew said:
    Most definitely responsible for my terrible maths CSE exam result (front row at Hammersmith Odeon the night before).
    Also most definitely responsible for my dodgy hearing - being too close to the speakers at the Black Prince, Bexley.
  • Blimey. Takes me back to when I was a kid. Just downloaded their greatest hits. 😀
  • As sacrilegious as it seems at first glance, I thoroughly loved the "Status Quo: Live and Acoustic" session.  
  • Bought a compilation of early Quo a few months back - loads of really good stuff on there I had never heard.  
  • I have spent a small fortune on CAFC and QUO ! CAFC since the 60's, Quo since 1974!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2022
    No.1 favourite of mine, can remember...just ..seeing Quo for the first time at The Welcome Inn end of '67, The Matchstickable tour, when they were supporting Episode Six who included Ian Gillan and Roger Glover pre Deep Purple...just the start...
  • The track that got me into quo initially was "Is it Really Me/Gotta Go Home" off Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon album. Regularly played at Black Prince Thursday night disco just before Stray's All in your Mind to finish the night! Great times 
  • Saw Stray a few time. Once up at Avery hill college i sat on a speaker. Was deaf for ages. All in your mind 9 minutes long great track.
  • edited August 2023
    Just thought I'd say that Quo are currently on Sky Arts in a recorded concert from Montreux 2009, been on for a hour, but worth a catch up...imo of course..✅
  • My brother loves Quo.  I was a bit of a mod and as there is only 18 months between us, things sometimes got a bit tasty at home growing up.

Paul Weller’s a fan of them 

Paul Weller’s a fan of them 
    Got good taste then..😎
  • edited August 2023
    Paul's Dad and Rick Parfitts Dad knew each other from Woking Working Mens Club. Paul said when he went to see Quo live (first concert he saw) he knew that was the direction for him ! 

In My Chair - my favourite Quo song.

https://youtu.be/rotJL6uR9e8
  • Saw him do that a few weeks back. Had a meet and greet too. 
  • Unfortunately, I'm in the Army now, so, wont be able to watch.