Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Picture discs

Inspired by @DaveMehmet's Thunderfingers (write your own joke here), I wondered if there are any great picture discs owned - or coveted - by Lifers.  

Do you have any great picture discs?  What's your favourite artistic vinyl? And what would you most like to get your hands on?  (Write another joke here). 

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Have a few from the 80's, I was into Depeche Mode, Ultravox, Blondie and the Human League.
    Loads of coloured vinyl as well.
    A fantastic era for music.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Yep....I had a few but mainly the coloured ones......Blue, red & a luminous one. Neon lights by Kraftwork. 
  • Options
    Have a few from the 80's, I was into Depeche Mode, Ultravox, Blondie and the Human League.
    Loads of coloured vinyl as well.
    A fantastic era for music.
    The only non-black vinyl I’ve got is the green John Lennon one
  • Options
    I have Waterloo by Abba, sung in Swedish.  That's quite rare, normal vinyl though.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I’ve got a few. Bruce Springsteen’s Cover Me, which is a stand up one that I stupidly displayed in sunlight so has faded.

• Options
    I've got Lovely Money by The Damned. Not really keen on picture discs though as I don't believe the sound quality is as good as plain black vinyl. Gate fold covers, that's where the real art was.
  • Options
    So What! By the Anti-Nowhere League had interesting lyrics.
    I have that with picture sleeve.
  • Options
    I have the first picture disc issued in the UK. The 1970 issue of Airconditioning by Curved Air.
    The audio quality is appalling. 

• Options
    Recently inherited a Neil Diamond picture disc of Sweet Caroline,  can't get William Hills off the phone, no real idea if it's worth anything other than sentimental. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I remember the first picture disk commercially available in the UK. 
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Best_Friend's_Girl_(song)
  • Options
    Have quite a few. Madness, in particular, always loved a picture disc including a square one for Yesterday’s Men. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    Have quite a few. Madness, in particular, always loved a picture disc including a square one for Yesterday’s Men. 
    I suppose it didn't get much play, as the stylus fell off every 2 seconds  :)
  • Options
    I think these are the only two picture disc I have , everything else is coloured .
    The police one is a double A side .
  • Options

• Options
    Most of mine are at my mums but found these 2. I’ve got a pack of six blue vinyl singles by The Police and a green vinyl of one of their singles as well.

I imagine you could get a few quid for these.
  • Options
    Most of mine are at my mums but found these 2. I’ve got a pack of six blue vinyl singles by The Police and a green vinyl of one of their singles as well.

I Have the Police 6 pack never been played , and a few blue 7 inchers . 
  • Options
    fadgadget said:

I Have the Police 6 pack never been played , and a few blue 7 inchers . 
    Said Sexgadget.