Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic vs Morecombe | Good Friday - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• edited April 2022
    shirty5 said:
    Ref watch 

Sorry to say we had bad issue with Marc Edwards who takes charge this Friday … you may remember last season game at Lincoln when they scored from clear offside goal …this is the report 

A controversial goal on the stroke of half-time put Lincoln City in pole position to secure a 2-0 win in the first game of the Thomas Sandgaard era.

Ben Amos brilliantly saved a Jorge Grant penalty but a shot from the rebound came back to the winger who tapped home from a clearly offside position. Despite some delay from referee Marc Edwards and some protesting from the Charlton bench the goal was eventually given.
    Maybe he had an off day. Worrying about the ref every game is unhealthy 
    Got to get the excuses in early.

Promotion sides find a way to win games regardless of referee performances.
  • Leuth said:
    Shame on you for adding an extra e into Morcombe
    Are you English?
  • Morecambe.
    And Wise.
  • Went to the away games at Morecambe and AFC Wimbledon. I know who I want to go down. 
    COYR. 
  • Another chance to look at Cole Stockton.
  • This is the sort of game we should win comfortably if we are up for it, but probably won't! I think JJ will be keen to end the season on a high and will get the team motivated for this. If we score early this could be a comfortable 3-0, otherwise I think it will be closer. If Morecambe score first, I think it will be a 1-1 draw. Looking forward to an afternoon in the sunshine at The Valley.
  • Any free tickets going? I can get to a printing shop if need be.
  • Stockton to score a 25 yard volley and lift his shirt to reveal a message underneath

"This is for all the doubters on the Charlton Life Cole Stockton thread"
  • Sponsored links:

• mendonca said:
    Any free tickets going? I can get to a printing shop if need be.
    We must be related.
  • Don't want to lose against some bloody shrimps, 3-0 Addicks. 
  • 9-0 to the Addicks.  I will be right one day... I think.
  • edited April 2022
    Went to the away games at Morecambe and AFC Wimbledon. I know who I want to go down. 
    COYR. 
    This is the bigger picture Charlton fans don’t look at , gillingham, Wimbledon or Morecambe 🤷‍♂️
    Admittedly some may like playing local teams ,  I want all local teams to struggle . 

Never forget our fans celebrating a win against Southend which left us 5 points above relegation with 4 games to go(we finished 11 points above the relegation spots)  but it was the game that meant Southend fell out of the play off spots and the scum went above them and made the play offs finishing a point above Southend with an inferior goal diff and got promoted never to be seen since .
    A draw at the Valley would have kept the scum in league one instead next year will be their 6th season in the championship unless they make it to the prem .
    i know I overthink it too much (and I’m clearly nuts) but I didn’t like the result at the time because I felt it helped the scum more than us and history shows it 
  • Wales to The Valley in Bank Holiday traffic. The things we do. Wish me luck

come on you Addicks 
    Sounds like it’ll look good on your cv if you ever want to go for the Larkfield job 
  • Lovely weather for a day at the football, quite looking forward to it today. 
  • Looking fwd to this and I hope we help our not so friendly neighbours with the the 3 points today. Much rather local sides stay up than these long distance sides. Think we will out score them, 3-2 to the Addicks, quite like to see the arrogant Adams suffer.
  • would have jfc next to dobson and fraser in the hole - not sure how leaburn has jumped ahead of kanu ??   
  • Sponsored links:

• Bringing my six year old to her first game today. I'm not sure if that's cruel or kind
  • I predict a sunny afternoon with no chance of rain. Lovely day for it but for some reason I'm going to be at the valley !
  • If the sun goes in I may buy the stream otherwise this can just piss off
  • edited April 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    would have jfc next to dobson and fraser in the hole - not sure how leaburn has jumped ahead of kanu ??   
    Is he stronger physically?

Fancy a win today, and it'll be interesting to see JFC again, after missing out on Saturday.

Cole Stockton alert....
  • Whales to The Valley in Bank Holiday traffic. The things we do. Wish me luck

come on you Addicks 
    I hope they're not sitting next to me, will get a bit cramped
  • Btw No contract offer on the table for CW yet. I hope he gets one personally…
    Great pic, but I feel we need better personally. 
    Great pic, but I feel we need better personally. 
    That is very harsh on @Pavoren007 son. He could be a loyal fan for all you know.
  • edited April 2022
    Morecambe.
    And Wise.
     Who Dennis? Nasty little five footer…. No, no not you Elfs 😜.