Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours

edited April 9 in General Charlton
It begins.

First up is Leyton Orient's 21 year old forward Ruel Sotiriou who Football League World describe as an "8 goal ace".

He's a free agent in the summer and Football League World have linked him with various clubs.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-reading-fc-charlton-athletic-oxford-united-plymouth-argyle-consider-move-for-8-goal-ace/
«13456759

Comments

  • 8 goals in 29 appearances doesn't sound much to write home about.

    But when you look at it more closely, he's only started 16 of those and has a total of 1487 minutes, so that's a goal every 185 minutes, which isn't that bad.
  • So he’s not a regular starter for the O’s but we’re interested, great.
  • Someone has suggested that Naby Baby is coming home. 
  • edited April 9
    Plays more as a winger. 

    We don't play with wingers. 

    Sounds perfect. 

    Looks like more recently he's even been played as a central midfielder. 
  • Isn’t it a bit early … it’s the 9th April

    … fans creaming themselves over Naby, bloody hell! We’re in for a long summer
  • Sponsored links:


  • Chunes said:
    Wasn't Naby's biggest fan in a 2CB pairing but think he could be good as a left-sided CB in a 3. He's a good passer, very athletic and would add height to the team. Rather him than Famewo. 
    Definitely a much better player than Famewo.
  • Chunes said:
    Wasn't Naby's biggest fan in a 2CB pairing but think he could be good as a left-sided CB in a 3. He's a good passer, very athletic and would add height to the team. Rather him than Famewo. 
    Definitely a much better player than Famewo.
    Bigger, more skilful, better passer, better at the last ditch challenges.
  • I thought that the Nabster was due to join Bowyer at Brum in the last window. I suspect that he will go there. 

    Can we think of any other ex players to speculate about? 
  • Richard J said:
    I thought that the Nabster was due to join Bowyer at Brum in the last window. I suspect that he will go there. 

    Can we think of any other ex players to speculate about? 
    Christophe Lepoint will be a Free Transfer in the summer? 
  • Sponsored links:


  • Maccn05 said:
    On Twitter, don’t be so bloody sensitive and I’m aware of his nickname whatever that’s got to do with it.

    He’s simply not good enough, he wasn’t consistently good enough for us and since moving to Huddersfield he played a lot last year as they battled relegation and hardly this year when they are in the playoffs.

    On his wages and his past record he’d be a terrible signing. Although he seemed a great guy
    Sorry this makes me chuckle... Isnt good enough for a Championship team etc. etc. etc.

    Yeah thats great, but we're not currently a Championship team. The last time he was with us at this level, he helped us to win promotion (despite having an off day @ Wembley) - Dont remember too many bad performances for us in 2019/20 either.

    I'm not all about signing ex-players... But if he's someone that Johnnie does want I dont blame him for trying to get someone that he trust. If on the other hand he's not someone that Johnnie wants, then I equally dont want him back here.

    We have no idea what his wage demands would be either - I imagine they'll be a lot less than what he got offered by Meire.

    There should be questions that Gallen | Sandgaard | Fans should be asking themselves

     - Are they better than what we've currently got | Can we find someone even better
     - What makes us think that they'll be able to settle at the club
     - Will they fit into the 3-5-2 formation
    I’m not sure I’d agree with that my point is he’s been proven not good enough for the Champ and barring the promotion was he an outstanding L1 player for us? Not that I remember, some moments of brilliance for sure but consistently.

    I’m also very much of the mind of moving forward and stopping this yearning for old players.

    Just my opinion, but I’d rather a younger, hungrier option if there’s one out there 
  • edited April 9
    Sarr was prone to an occasional lapse in concentration. When he was focussed, at League 1 level, he made it look easy. If some people think it’s been forgotten how bad he was when he arrived, it’s been forgotten how good he was during the promotion season. The thing he offers is he has the physical attributes of a big centre back, plus he is vastly superior on the ball to most defenders at this level. Jacko’s system needs a stopper like Pearce, Innis or Lavelle at its centre, but either side it needs defenders who can play a bit as well as defend. That’s why Clare has been consistently picked at right centre back even when other defenders have been picked and why we’ve been trying Purrington at LCB. It’s also why Famewo has looked a weaker link because his passing is so poor. 

    I don’t know if Naby is the right player because he’s been gone a while but the Naby that left us would be a huge upgrade on Famewo or Purrington. Ability to step out with the ball, an excellent range of passing both cross field and into the channels for someone like Washington to chase, and a threat at set pieces while being a mostly solid defender. Yes, the risk is you will get the odd dumb mistake but I think that side of his game was overstated by the end because of how poorly he did in year one when he clearly didn’t settle quickly. He brings a lot of attacking attributes that aren’t often part of a League One defender’s skill set and to me that is attractive and would suit Jacko’s system. 

    My concern would be that I don’t remember him looking better in a 3 than a 4, and in fact I recall him not always looking comfortable when chasing wingers into the full back area. Getting our wing backs right next season is a huge piece of the recruitment puzzle and could provide the foundation for the entire rest of the team to looked better balanced. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Sarr was prone to an occasional lapse in concentration. When he was focussed, at League 1 level, he made it look easy. If some people think it’s been forgotten how bad he was when he arrived, it’s been forgotten how good he was during the promotion season. The thing he offers is he has the physical attributes of a big centre back, plus he is vastly superior on the ball to most defenders at this level. Jacko’s system needs a stopper like Pearce, Innis or Lavelle at its centre, but either side it needs defenders who can play a bit as well as defend. That’s why Clare has been consistently picked at right centre back even when other defenders have been picked and why we’ve been trying Purrington at LCB. It’s also why Famewo has looked a weaker link because his passing is so poor. 

    I don’t know if Naby is the right player because he’s been gone a while but the Naby that left us would be a huge upgrade on Famewo or Purrington. Ability to step out with the ball, an excellent range of passing both cross field and into the channels for someone like Washington to chase, and a threat at set pieces while being a mostly solid defender. Yes, the risk is you will get the odd dumb mistake but I think that side of his game was overstated by the end because of how poorly he did in year one when he clearly didn’t settle quickly. He brings a lot of attacking attributes that aren’t often part of a League One defender’s skill set and to me that is attractive and would suit Jacko’s system. 

    My concern would be that I don’t remember him looking better in a 3 than a 4, and in fact I recall him not always looking comfortable when chasing wingers into the full back area. Getting our wing backs right next season is a huge piece of the recruitment puzzle and could provide the foundation for the entire rest of the team to looked better balanced. 
    Frequent, the word is frequent. 
    No, it’s not. 
  • edited April 9
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    On Twitter, don’t be so bloody sensitive and I’m aware of his nickname whatever that’s got to do with it.

    He’s simply not good enough, he wasn’t consistently good enough for us and since moving to Huddersfield he played a lot last year as they battled relegation and hardly this year when they are in the playoffs.

    On his wages and his past record he’d be a terrible signing. Although he seemed a great guy
    Sorry this makes me chuckle... Isnt good enough for a Championship team etc. etc. etc.

    Yeah thats great, but we're not currently a Championship team. The last time he was with us at this level, he helped us to win promotion (despite having an off day @ Wembley) - Dont remember too many bad performances for us in 2019/20 either.

    I'm not all about signing ex-players... But if he's someone that Johnnie does want I dont blame him for trying to get someone that he trust. If on the other hand he's not someone that Johnnie wants, then I equally dont want him back here.

    We have no idea what his wage demands would be either - I imagine they'll be a lot less than what he got offered by Meire.

    There should be questions that Gallen | Sandgaard | Fans should be asking themselves

     - Are they better than what we've currently got | Can we find someone even better
     - What makes us think that they'll be able to settle at the club
     - Will they fit into the 3-5-2 formation
    I’m not sure I’d agree with that my point is he’s been proven not good enough for the Champ and barring the promotion was he an outstanding L1 player for us? Not that I remember, some moments of brilliance for sure but consistently.

    I’m also very much of the mind of moving forward and stopping this yearning for old players.

    Just my opinion, but I’d rather a younger, hungrier option if there’s one out there 
    Yeah I agree with that, especially the bit about young / hungry players if we can.

    Still feel that one of the easiest ways for us to move back up the pyramid is to find the right Charlie Kirk's nurture them, and then sell for a profit (repeat) - Basically the Brentford model - Its not going to be easy though, as we're finding... Not to mention Brentford were able to find the likes of Neal Maupay etc. on the continent, which we wont be allowed to do anymore.

    If this Leyton Orient kid is a genuine rumour, the only positive I can think of is that they MIGHT fall into this sort of category.

    Already 21 though, it already feels a little bit of a risk, as we'll only have him for a single season (?) before he gets to the age where you have to worry about him taking up one of the slots in the squad registration.

    If feels an even bigger risk if it doesnt work, as we'll be stuck with each other.
  • edited April 9
    Dunno if it's just me, but the defence should be players in their prime or approaching it.

    So for a CB I guess I'd want us sniffing around players aged from 26/27 up to 30 (probably tops) if we want them to still be able to offer something should we get promoted next season.

    Obviously their age shouldn't matter if they're really outstanding at this level already.
  • Although although I’ve read numerous reports that he’s had a poor season. Maybe we can get him back on track … but then again this is Charlton ☺️
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out Forever!