Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Schwartz…

Comments

• LTKapal said:
    He did score that one cracking curled effort from edge of the box though against??? Don't remember some team that wore blue? Rochdale?
    Yeah 4-4 vs Rochdale at the valley, it was a cracking finish and I think we all thought he would go on to be a good signing.. oops.
  • Swisdom said:
    Was apparenty forced upon us by Thomas Sandgaard.  This was the only time he got involved in recruitment I believe.  Whether or not this came from Martin is unknown

Also it's a bit of myth about him scoring goals wherever he played...he had a couple of decent spells in Scandinavia but was fairly average everywhere else

Thanks for the memory Ron
    It almost certainly came from Martin. 

I remember that within days of the takeover being confirmed, Martin was live streaming himself playing football manager; with Ronnie Schwartz up front for Charlton. 

This was many months before he signed and he couldn’t stop raving about him. Quite a lot of sensitive information was leaked during his live steams, quite remarkable really.
  • Swisdom said:
    Was apparenty forced upon us by Thomas Sandgaard.  This was the only time he got involved in recruitment I believe.  Whether or not this came from Martin is unknown

Also it's a bit of myth about him scoring goals wherever he played...he had a couple of decent spells in Scandinavia but was fairly average everywhere else

I've no idea on the quality of the Danish league (although Copenhagen did beat Man U this season) but you'd expect the top scorer in Denmark to do well in league one.
  • Not the players fault he wasn’t up to it. He was scouted by someone at the club and who can blame Ronnie for not giving it a crack. 
  • Swisdom said:

I remember that within days of the takeover being confirmed, Martin was live streaming himself playing football manager; with Ronnie Schwartz up front for Charlton. 

This was many months before he signed and he couldn’t stop raving about him. Quite a lot of sensitive information was leaked during his live steams, quite remarkable really.
    Wish someone had been recording them - would’ve been good for the history books.
  • Sponsored links:

• There were a lot of rumours at the time as to why he was struggling to fit in. Who knows which were true. 

Fact is he came, he tried, he failed. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    There were a lot of rumours at the time as to why he was struggling to fit in. Who knows which were true. 

Fact is he came, he tried, he failed. 
    Yep and no disgrace in that.
  • Rothko said:
    everything about the timing of the transfer was terrible, utterly nuts to move him here, in the middle of pandemic, where he lived in a hotel and not able to interact with the world around him, was completely nuts

And not forgetting the lure of a decent contract.
    I have little sympathy with his problems on the domestic front.
    Because money solves everything?
  • It was a failed Summer transfer window initiative I believe largely due to his reluctance to relocate. Sealed in the early days of the January window his fate was sealed within 2 weeks when we then signed Stockley. Different style but Schwarz also played predominantly as a sole target man.

With Aneke automatically the first striker off the bench within 3 weeks having barely kicked a ball he had nowhere to go. He was 3rd choice with hugely limited game time.
    I have no idea whether he could have contributed but I have seen worse do so. 
  • Rothko said:
    everything about the timing of the transfer was terrible, utterly nuts to move him here, in the middle of pandemic, where he lived in a hotel and not able to interact with the world around him, was completely nuts

I think his point was, he was happy to take the money, knowing the covid situation.
  • edited April 16
    JaShea99 said:
    Rothko said:

I think his point was, he was happy to take the money, knowing the covid situation.
    Yeah thats true... As got my Covid / Schwartz joining dates wrong. 
  • Rothko said:

Yet Support Taylor for refusing to see how his contract?

• Rothko said:

Yet Support Taylor for refusing to see how his contract?

Yes, different circumstances.
  • JaShea99 said:
    Rothko said:

Correct.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think I absolved Schwartz in the post, just that the timing was shambolic from all involved. 
  • Had he scored the pen in the last minute (Hull?) we would have stay up and who knows how would have ended for him.
  • Had he scored the pen in the last minute (Hull?) we would have stay up and who knows how would have ended for him.
    It was Oxford away I believe.
    Yes and a season later ie after relegation. Otherwise, quite close.
    Yes and a season later ie after relegation. Otherwise, quite close.
    🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Swisdom said:

Please tell me this is real and it exists somewhere on the internet in VoD form
  • There are so many who have a rightful place on our Pantheon of Heros mural, super Ronnie is surely one...
  • Sad to say I don't think I saw him play "in the flesh". Weren't games being played under Covid restrictions ? I remember watching some games via the stream but don't remember seeing him at The Valley.
  • Sad to say I don't think I saw him play "in the flesh". Weren't games being played under Covid restrictions ? I remember watching some games via the stream but don't remember seeing him at The Valley.

Yep, I'm pretty sure that all games were played under covid restrictions and that he didn't play in front of fans.
  • SDAddick said:
    Swisdom said:

Please tell me this is real and it exists somewhere on the internet in VoD form
    It definitely happened, I remember finding it bizarre at the time. I checked and his Twitch still exists, but it seems he's deleted all of the videos.