Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC Ltd annual report 20/21

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Wow, income halved during covid 

- what would profit on disposal of leasehold assets £8M in 2021, £0 in 2020) relate to?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Plus additional future loans from Sandgaard to ensure going concern have been built into the 1year forecast.

There appears to be another 3rd party loan of £350k to facilitate investment in fixed assets of the youth academy. Wonder who that is?
  • Options
    £362k director emoluments- that to current directors or previous directors?
  • Options
    So we have to pay Roland a non-disclosed payment if we are promoted to Premier League by 2030
  • Options
    Looks like the annual rent for The Valley & Sparrows Lane is £623k
  • Options
    Section 29 - Related party transactions reads as a massive dig at Southall and co. Still makes me angry
  • Options
    If current then could be to Leo Rifkind rather than TS.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Wow, income halved during covid 

- what would profit on disposal of leasehold assets £8M in 2021, £0 in 2020) relate to?
    The release of the loan to Staprix (notes 7 and 15)
  • Options
    Directors may include Roddy, Mumford and perhaps Gallen depending on the period coveted.

Could also be Southall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    The club’s target for academy graduates making up the first team squad is 30%. It’s normally met but was 21% last season (6 of 28) but 4 were transferred during the season (Phillips, Doughty, doesn’t name the other two, who were they?).
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Scoham said:
    The club’s target for academy graduates making up the first team squad is 30%. It’s normally met but was 21% last season (6 of 28) but 4 were transferred during the season (Phillips, Doughty, doesn’t name the other two, who were they?).
    Lapslie?
  • Options
    Directors may include Roddy, Mumford and perhaps Gallen depending on the period coveted.

Could also be Southall
    I assumed Roddy and Mudford had Director in their job titles, never seen it announced they were on the board as Directors.

Gallen was on the board at the end of the RD era but I assumed he came off when ESI came in
  • Options
    edited April 2022

Could also be Southall
    Roddy and Mumford have never been directors of the company so not them. Directors during the year would be relevant and there were a few of them - Florica, Mihail and Nimer, as well as Rifkind and Sandgaard. Gallen wasn’t a director after the ESI takeover on Jan 2020, I.e. not in the relevant financial year.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    If that was the case though you’d expect the year 1-5 liability to be just shy of £2.5m and it’s not. It’s £2.315m. Plus the new deal didn’t kick in until part way through 2020/21, so the figure for this financial year won’t repeat. 

It looks as if it’s £579k but TS previously said it was £500k and there could be something else in there.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Lapslie and Wiredu.
  • Options
    If that was the case though you’d expect the year 1-5 liability to be just shy of £2.5m and it’s not. It’s £2.315m. Plus the new deal didn’t kick in until part way through 2020/21, so the figure for this financial year won’t repeat. 

It looks as if it’s £579k but TS previously said it was £500k and there could be something else in there.
    £500k-£600k annual rent for both The Valley and training ground doesn’t feel THAT exorbitant to me. 

What do others think? 
  • Options

£500k-£600k annual rent for both The Valley and training ground doesn’t feel THAT exorbitant to me. 

What do others think? 
    Who has responsibility for maintenance etc?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

What do others think? 
    It will be an FRI lease - so Charlton 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

What do others think? 
    Would have thought that would fall on the club.
  • Options
    Sorry - I should have explained - an FRI lease is a Fully Repairing and Insuring Lease - so in effect the owner of the land passes over all maintenance to the tenant 
  • Options
    It may be my maths are off but isn't £500k a hundreth of the £50m Roland wants? It would seem to be a decent rental price and more sensible than buying the assets. 
  • Options

What do others think? 
    It’s a lot better if you have Championship or PL revenue than it is in L1.
  • Options
    Must admit I thought it would be more than that. 
  • Options

What do others think? 
    It’s a lot better if you have Championship or PL revenue than it is in L1.
    That is true, but owning the ground or not, the club is not a L1 club and those that have kept it there over the years should be ashamed.
  • Options
    It's a bit of a bargain really. Birmingham FC, for a similar size stadium, (not sure if the training ground is even included) have a rental agreement running until 2031. It is £1.25mn per year - double the amount we are paying. In addition there is a rent review in 2025 when the rent will go up somewhere between 5-22% depending upon UK interest rates.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I don't think it's terrible and you have to look at the thing in the round - Duchatelet had saddled the club with £44m of debt when he sold it to ESI. However, the key question is always affordability - Birmingham's turnover is circa £23m; Charlton's is about a third of that in L1 and two thirds of that in the Championship. It's a big chunk of the income for something that cost a notional £50k a year for the previous 30 years - equivalent to about a quarter of all season-ticket revenue. Think of it as not buying - or selling - a £500,000 player every season.