Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre season friendly V QPR in 1990s

Hi all. Does anyone recollect a pre season game at the Valley Vs QPR in about 1996 or 1997? Think it finished 1-1 or possibly 1-2.

Comments

• Options
    Looking in the Charlton book;

29th July 1995 Charlton 1 (Bowyer) QPR 2 (Maddix, Dichio) Att; 3,703
  • Options
    I was at this game. It was the first time my dad bought me a pint in the pub (Market Porter). A pint of Harvey's Sussex Best on a warm day...took one sip and couldn't drink anymore! Awful. He bought me a pint of cider instead which went down a lot better 🤣😂
  • Options
    We've had some weird friendlies over the years. Anyone remember the Bilbao one in 2008?
  • Options
    I think I went to that one, was it 0-0?
  • Options
    According to records it was 2/8/08 and we lost 0-1
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    We've had some weird friendlies over the years. Anyone remember the Bilbao one in 2008?
    I remember when we played the Chinese national team in 1982 and we won 1-0 - I still have the programme
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I remember when we played the Chinese national team in 1982 and we won 1-0 - I still have the programme
    Steve White the scorer. Good player. Makeweight in Walsh move in the opposite direction.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    I was at this game. It was the first time my dad bought me a pint in the pub (Market Porter). A pint of Harvey's Sussex Best on a warm day...took one sip and couldn't drink anymore! Awful. He bought me a pint of cider instead which went down a lot better 🤣😂
    And he's still waiting for you to buy him one back!
    ;-)
  • Options
    I thought this was the one at Loftus where Julian Gray scored for us. 
  • Options
    BobK said:
    Wasnt there a sending off as well?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    BobK said:
    Wasnt there a sending off as well?

Yes Aduriz in the 88min for "lashing out" at John Fortune. Jerome Thomas also hit the post with a 41 min penalty.
  • Options
    I was there - lovely warm sunny day from recollection.

And I will never forget Ray Wilkins appearance - mainly due to the comedic overreactions from the guy behind me every time he touched the ball.

Every 5 yard sideways pass was greeted by “Ah - look - pure class. He’s still got it!!”…. Wilkins could have farted coming off the bench and he would have declared it the Greatest Storm since 1987.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    YTS1978 said:
    And he's still waiting for you to buy him one back!
    ;-)
    Haha...he'll be waiting a fucking long time 🤣😂