Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 5 April 2022

edited April 2022 in General Charlton
Off to New Plough Lane tonight, me 'andsomes.

Banana skin alert!  Wimbledon has gone 24 games without winning - every Charlton fan knows what that means.
In any case, how many chances will our strikers need tonight before we eventually score a goal?

Well, Gilbey won't be playing. I doubt JFC is ready to start though. No Chuks, of course. Rumours that Ryan Inniss is available.
I wouldn't mind betting Jacko freshens up a couple of positions tonight.

JFC starts!

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Lavelle, Purrington; Matthews, Forster-Caskey, Dobson, Lee, Jaiyesimi; Stockley (c), Washington

Subs: Harness, Inniss, Famewo, Fraser, Blackett-Taylor, Leko, Burstow

Charlton TV pre-match fun and trips down memory lane ..... begins tonight at 7pm.
Charlotte's in charge. Curbs and Chris Perry do the insights and wind-ups.

COYR!

Comments

• Odd - That was my expression when I saw that Jake was starting
  • edited April 2022
    Gilbey, Fraser, CBT out.

JFC, Lee, DJ in.

Inniss on the bench.
  • Jaiyesimi at left wing back. One of those things you couldn't imagine saying at the start of the season.
  • edited April 2022
    Nice one Oggy, so Wombles have gone a lot of games without a win, lot's of doom 'n' gloom about tonight, bit predictable i suppose, but we will win this no problem, good to see JFC back .. so chill everyone and enjoy the match, 24 goals without winning..Mmmm ;)
  • 🎶 I saw my friend yesterday… 🎶 
  • *a warm rosy glow settles over my face as I contemplate that specific midfield finally lining up together*

no I haven't given up on you Elliot I'M NOT LIKE THE OTHERS 
  • Where is Morgan???

Concerned about JFC starting. He needs to be eased back, to avoid muscle injuries like he had in 2019/20
  • Leko being on the bench ahead of Morgan is some truly astonishing nonsense yeah
  • Pearce seemed to travel with the squad, but misses out on the 18
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    🎶 I saw my friend yesterday… 🎶 
    He owes us big time. 
  • edited April 2022
    Seems Morgan will be moving on at the end of the season then.
  • Forster-Caskey being rushed straight into 90 minutes is madness. 

Aneke had the same issue when he came into the squad and we all know how that turned out. 
  • Surprised JFC starts so soon. Shame Lee starts, hopefully won’t be here next year so what is the point?
  • Leko being on the bench ahead of Morgan gets even more astonishing when you consider that JFC probably won't be able to do 90 too yeah
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Not out of contract so would mean selling or loaning him out.
  • More strange team selections.......right out of Bowyer's book of oddities.

Only 1 loanee starts. 3 on the bench (if you include Burstow). 2 Premiership loanees nowhere to be seen. If Jacko is looking to next season then that 11 will give no teams any headaches.
  • edited April 2022
    Where is Morgan???

Concerned about JFC starting. He needs to be eased back, to avoid muscle injuries like he had in 2019/20
    On the released
    /transfer list with Inniss,Lee, Washington, Leko, Aneke, Gilbey, Gunter, and a few more of the rest, I hope

• Concerned about JFC starting. He needs to be eased back, to avoid muscle injuries like he had in 2019/20
    Yep, share your concerns, Killer    @killerandflash
    I'm looking inside Jacko's head and reckon he'll want to give JFC around 60 mins tonight.

• Sponsored links:

• Once again JJ has sold us short. His treatment of Morgan (yes I'm biased) is shocking. There is many on this forum who don't rate him but when Gilby, Lee, Fraser don't exactly pull up trees or add to our general play game after game something is amiss. Players played out if position constantly, players who last half a game or at best 2 games, loans who are not played or actually not very good.  Good to see JFC back though but hope we don't expect too much.
  • Where is Morgan???

Gone shopping with @Leuth     :smile:

Aneke had the same issue when he came into the squad and we all know how that turned out. 
    Maybe the plan is to take him off
  • More strange team selections.......right out of Bowyer's book of oddities.

Only 1 loanee starts. 3 on the bench (if you include Burstow). 2 Premiership loanees nowhere to be seen. If Jacko is looking to next season then that 11 will give no teams any headaches.
    Not that strange, only a few changes and he’s been leaving the loanees out for a while. We also know by now he doesn’t rate Castillo and John so don’t expect them to feature much if at all.
  • Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not out of contract so would mean selling or loaning him out.
    Can still be released.

Has he been rushed? - He's played 45mins | 60mins | 90mins for the U23s beforehand.
  • Where is Morgan???

Hopefully in talks with his new club.😜
  • Leuth said:
    Leko being on the bench ahead of Morgan gets even more astonishing when you consider that JFC probably won't be able to do 90 too yeah
    There's good reason why Mr Fraser is on the bench, p'raps?

• Why do we have to play Jaiyesimi at LWB. He's played most positions barring his actual positions. 

• Leuth said:
    Leko being on the bench ahead of Morgan is some truly astonishing nonsense yeah
    I agree, but that probably says more about how bad Leko has turned out to be.!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!