Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich Town (a) tickets to go on sale

13»

Comments

• Options

30/04/22 Ipswich Town v Charlton Allocation: 1,692, Sold: 1,692 (the club have requested additional tickets and will update supporters accordingly)

https://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/buy-tickets/on-sale-now
  • Options
    clive said:

30/04/22 Ipswich Town v Charlton Allocation: 1,692, Sold: 1,692 (the club have requested additional tickets and will update supporters accordingly)

I don't understand why we started with such a small allocation
  • Options
    clive said:

Probably a ploy by Ipswich to encourage speed of sale by the away club.
  • Options
    clive said:

Because it’s a nothing game kicking off at 12.30 and nobody would want to go to it…and then its somehow morphed into a nothing game kicking off at 12.30 that loads of fans want to go to and an end of season reminder for Tommy that’s whispering ‘if you build it, they will come’, though the empty spaces in the Palace end at Wembley on Sunday probably shouted that message about Charlton’s support more eloquently.
  • Options
    Ipswich probably hoped they’d still be playing for the play offs and held back away sales to allow more of their own fans in.
  • Options

The club have received an extra allocation of 198 restricted-view tickets for the final-day trip to Ipswich Town on Saturday, April 30th (12.30pm).

After selling out the initial allocation of 1,692, the club requested extra tickets at Portman Road and the batch of extra seats will go on sale from 11am on Wednesday, April 20th at the below prices:

Adult: £27

Over 65: £20

U23: £14

U19: £7

Click here to purchase your final-day tickets from 11am.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/625fc136aee8e/extra-allocation-of-ipswich-town-a-tickets-to-go-on-sale

• Options
    £27 for restricted view??
  • Options
    Suspect they are back of the stand 
  • Options
    Bit of a joke really - away end can accommodate 3,000, and we are getting way below that - my Norwich supporting mate tells me Ipswich always dick Norwich about when they have a game there in terms of ticket allocation for Norwich fans - you won’t be surprised to hear about his opinion of Ipswich (which I won’t repeat on here, given our female CL members !!!)
  • Options
    I have a spare ticket for this if anyone wants one (Face value) if not I'll return it to the ticket office next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Crunching the numbers, the cheapest option from London Liverpool Street for a standard return ticket is to split ticket at Colchester, which works out slightly cheaper than doing the same via Manningtree. The Network card is valid to Colchester and Manningtree (prices in brackets)

London to Ipswich £47.60
    Split ticketing at Colchester £41.50 (£30.75)
    Split ticketing at Manningree £42.90 (£30.85)

Further savings can be had by travelling from Stratford if split ticketing. Curiously Manningtree then becomes the cheapest place to split
    Strat to Ipswich £47.20
    Split ticketing at Colchester £37.90 (£28.40)
    Split ticketing at Manningree £37.20 (£27.10)
  • Options
    Just have a nice day out in Colchester tbh, it'll be much more enjoyable 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    AFAIK Ipswich such can only allocate less than 10 per cent of their capacity with Charlton’s agreement or on the advice of their safety committee (in effect the police). I suspect Charlton never anticipated there would be demand above 1,500 and originally accepted the lower figure without challenging it. It probably was predictable based on 1) previous trips to Ipswich and 2) it being the final game.
  • Options
    Bit of a joke really - away end can accommodate 3,000, and we are getting way below that - my Norwich supporting mate tells me Ipswich always dick Norwich about when they have a game there in terms of ticket allocation for Norwich fans - you won’t be surprised to hear about his opinion of Ipswich (which I won’t repeat on here, given our female CL members !!!)
    He cant be too smug, Norwich have one of the worst away ends in the league. I was at the 2014 game at theirs where Jacko scored our winner at the end. Terrible view at the end of a stand, stewards telling us to sit down the whole game when we were right next to a stand composed entirely of standing Norwich fans. All for the bargain price of £30!

Still we won, which helped of course! 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    One of our usual lot can’t make it Saturday looking to get rid of return train ticket and adult match ticket at cost price. 9am train from Liverpool St, return 15.41 from Ipswich cost £20, plus Adult match ticket at cost.
  • Options
    left it late to buy trains went on spiltticket website paid £27.35 each for the 3 of us and that’s 9.30 out of Liverpool Street return 3.40 meeting at Liverpool Street spoons for a pre train pint 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Thankfully on the early train as that Station House normally gets very rammed whenever I have been in there. 
  • Options
    AFAIK Ipswich such can only allocate less than 10 per cent of their capacity with Charlton’s agreement or on the advice of their safety committee (in effect the police). I suspect Charlton never anticipated there would be demand above 1,500 and originally accepted the lower figure without challenging it. It probably was predictable based on 1) previous trips to Ipswich and 2) it being the final game.
    Just to correct myself, it's 2,000 or ten per cent of capacity, whichever is lower - so in this case 2,000, which we've more or less reached in the end.

The fact that Ipswich (or we, for that matter) can allocate 3,000 doesn't mean they have to do so in the EFL.