Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Went to a Premier League game recently

The atmosphere outside the stadium was electric, the food selection and taste was better and I could get a decent beer. 

The food and beer behind the counter at Charlton tastes awful! 

I obviously don’t have that feeling of passion when I watched the Premier League game but this club did the basics right and it put us to shame. 

Why can’t the club sort itself out properly with entertainment, food and beer! 

Comments

• How much did the ticket cost?
  • Croydon said:
    Yeah why doesn't a club in League One have as much on offer as a club in the Premier League? 
    That’s no excuse. I don’t expect much but at least provide the basics.

I even had better pints at Accrington this season.
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    The atmosphere outside the stadium was electric, the food selection and taste was better and I could get a decent beer. 

I obviously don’t have that feeling of passion when I watched the Premier League game but this club did the basics right and it put us to shame. 

Where? And if you say Crystal palace I shall e-mail the mods and ask for you to be banned:-)
    I’d rather revisit some of the drivel performance over the years from us than setting foot inside the home areas of Palarse.
  • se9addick said:
    The Premier League is so far removed from League One nowadays that they are basically completely different sports/experiences. 
    I 100% get that. This club had load of different food and beer stores with a DJ to liven up the atmosphere. I don’t expect or ask Charlton to do exactly the same but at least get the food and beers right. 
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    se9addick said:
    The Premier League is so far removed from League One nowadays that they are basically completely different sports/experiences. 
    I 100% get that. This club had load of different food and beer stores with a DJ to liven up the atmosphere. I don’t expect or ask Charlton to do exactly the same but at least get the food and beers right. 
    Let's get Meire back, she was keen on DJs.
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    se9addick said:
    Well I like House Music so I wouldn’t complain lol!

In all seriousness, not everyone likes House Music so was another poor decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• I went to Brighton Vs Palace a few months ago.

It was dire. Terrible atmosphere outside and not that much better inside., Palace were quiet, Brighton even more so.

Nice stadium, food and beer was alright but nah, no thanks, won't be going again!
  • It's a lazy comparison to make but the catering at the Valley does need to be improved greatly and TS has said the same.

That it was outsourced and ignored under Meire and then the chancers doesn't help, not does having the incompetent bully Keohane as Operations Manager.

But it is still a lazy comparison and the catering at the Valley does still need to be improved.

• DiscoCAFC said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    se9addick said:
    Well I like House Music so I wouldn’t complain lol!

In all seriousness, not everyone likes House Music so was another poor decision.
    Problem is that the club doesn’t have the space to implement all these ideas without annoying other people. Plenty of clubs have fan zones outside the stadium with entertainment pre & post match but they have more space because they are in middle of nowhere normally. 
  • It's a lazy comparison to make but the catering at the Valley does need to be improved greatly and TS has said the same.

That it was outsourced and ignored under Meire and then the chancers doesn't help, not does having the incompetent bully Keohane as Operations Manager.

But it is still a lazy comparison and the catering at the Valley does still need to be improved.

Like I said though, the beers at Accrington tasted better.
  • Obviously didn't go West Ham.
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    It's a lazy comparison to make but the catering at the Valley does need to be improved greatly and TS has said the same.

Like I said though, the beers at Accrington tasted better.
     A better comparison.

Accrington a stable club under stable ownership who have gradually been improving facilities for fans over many years and who own their own ground.

So totally unlike Charlton up to a few years ago and we still don't own the stadium

Still no roof on the away end though.
  • edited April 2022
    I went I went to West Ham 2 weeks ago £9 for the blandest piece of shit of a burger and £6.20 for a headless beer pre poured so who knows how long it’d been there. So I agree.
  • I've been to a few Premiership Rugby matches lately, and the atmosphere was great. Perfectly poured pints of Guinness in the ground, fans from opposing clubs enjoying the atmosphere, and plenty of entertainment on the pitch.

Lets just fuck the football off and become a rugby club. It would transform the matchday experience.
  • I've tried every combo possible over the season of our food, this week I went to McDonald's instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• CL mods: can we please start a catering/half time food sub-section to house these threads now?
  • I went to West Ham yesterday and must say it’s a much better experience than at ours.

9 minute train journey to Stratford. Then onto a pre booked table in a bar. Constantly flowing beer to the table and pizza.  Then into the ground, good ground for a new oval yawnodrome .

Half time comes and you can leave the ground and drink and eat on the concourse, plenty of choice and quick service.

only trouble was it aint us and my heart wasn’t in it.  
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    se9addick said:
    Why are you so purposefully avoiding naming the club that you went to see?!
  • se9addick said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    se9addick said:
    It was either Arse-nal, Palarse or Chelski wasn't it
  • difficult to improve catering when so there are so few people in the ground. just not enough customers to support the cost of catering let alone make a profit out of it.
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    DiscoCAFC said:

Where? And if you say Crystal palace I shall e-mail the mods and ask for you to be banned:-)
    I’d rather revisit some of the drivel performance over the years from us than setting foot inside the home areas of Palarse.
    So what ground was it and how much was the ticket as you appear to to be ducking the questions. 
  • We are the only club with access to Makro on a match day.
  • I went to West Ham yesterday and must say it’s a much better experience than at ours.

9 minute train journey to Stratford. Then onto a pre booked table in a bar. Constantly flowing beer to the table and pizza.  Then into the ground, good ground for a new oval yawnodrome .

Half time comes and you can leave the ground and drink and eat on the concourse, plenty of choice and quick service.

only trouble was it aint us and my heart wasn’t in it.  
    Must say I found the same, my dad's mate had a ticket going for the game v Villa.

Really quick competent service at the bar although a couple of balti pies and a couple of pints were pricey, but I kind of expected it.

What I didn't expect is that after the game beer inside (and alot of the vendors on the concourse outside) sell their beer for £4 a pint.

Alot of fans were taking advantage which was good to see as you had kids enjoying themselves kicking a ball about and a pretty relaxed atmosphere.
  • I'm guessing you went to West Ham
  • edited April 2022
    se9addick said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    se9addick said:

Not sure how this is relevant as I'm trying to make the point of how poor our catering is.

But as because you seem so eager to know for some reason, it was West Ham and Everton I went to yesterday.