Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Big time Charlie Burstow

Kid has obviously let the move to Chelsea go to his head and our fans mean nothing to him anymore. The same fans like me as well as many others paying into Valley Gold to give these kids a chance in their football careers.

My 12 year old wanted to go and get some photos and autographs of the team that she dearly loves.

out strolls Burstow with his clan, simply asked if my daughter could have photo shock his head, carried on walking, ten seconds of his life it would of took.

Couldnt by saying “you can’t even stop and have your photo with a 12 year old fan”

A woman looked back at me in which I said “ he has forgot where he come from !”

in which she said “He has to get home” 

Enjoy being chucked around Europe for the rest of your life

Comments

• That’s a shame. 
  • edited April 2022
    If he did need to leave quickly, that's fair enough but he should have apologised and explained why

edit, then again, if he had time to apologies and explain, he would have had time for the photo
  • Glad we’ve pulled Chelski’s pants down and got rid of him. Don’t rate him anyway. 
  • edited April 2022
    He’s a tit. Posting pictures on instagram of him and his flashy motor. He will be playing league 1 football again in 2 years. 

• Wanker, these pricks forget who pay their wages by buying match tickets etc.

I can remember Jerome Thomas refusing to sign a kids shirt at a pre season friendly at Welling. Told him he was warming up and when the kids old man questioned him he just replied “I don’t do autographs”. Thankfully a lot of other people heard and pulled him up about it but the c***t still wouldn’t sign.

Compare this to the likes of Kevin Keegan, a proper superstar of his day, who made a point  of never refusing an autograph.
  • edited April 2022
    Poor form. Should’ve taken the photo with your daughter. But he is an 18 year old kid with a few bob, who’s living the dream. Pretty sure we were all dickeads at 18
  • James Blunt if the above is true
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2022
    Big time Charlie Burstow?
    Is this Masons brother?
  • Didn’t Burstow make a big deal about how he was a Charlton fan from an early age after he made his debut?
  • edited April 2022
    I actually don’t understand why we are naming him in the squad. Would much rather Kanu was named. 
    I completely agree. We got him back when we had injuries. I’d rather give Kanu minutes off the bench or in the match day squad experience. Perhaps we don’t wanna ruin our relationship with Chelsea with what’s gone on with John and Spurs.
  • It’s disappointing and a shame for the young girl but I think this thread’s a bit OTT. How many times do you think he gets asked that every day? And does someone make a thread every time he does stop for a photo or sign an autograph?
  • JaShea99 said:
    It’s disappointing and a shame for the young girl but I think this thread’s a bit OTT. How many times do you think he gets asked that every day? And does someone make a thread every time he does stop for a photo or sign an autograph?
    No cause it’s true it’s poor form 
  • shirty5 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    It’s disappointing and a shame for the young girl but I think this thread’s a bit OTT. How many times do you think he gets asked that every day? And does someone make a thread every time he does stop for a photo or sign an autograph?
    What?
  • edited April 2022
    JaShea99 said:
    Doesn’t matter if it is once or a hundred times. Just do it - it really is no skin off his nose whatsoever.
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:
    shirty5 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    What?
    You mutton!!
  • JaShea99 said:
    To be fair I doubt he gets asked for his autograph too many times “every day”. How many people outside of Charlton fans even know he exists?
  • If he wants to be a big name at Chelsea then he will need to work on his PR. Players like Ronaldo can’t move out there house, yet are known for taking hours out their day to sign stuff etc. 
  • se9addick said:
    JaShea99 said:
    To be fair I doubt he gets asked for his autograph too many times “every day”. How many people outside of Charlton fans even know he exists?
    Thomas Tuchel definitely doesn’t know who he is. 
  • TBF - you could see it from the early games of the loan-back. 
    As soon as he had done all the advertising on our pitch and got a Prem contract, he wasn’t interested in CAFC. 
  • He’s a kid, thrown into football from a young age, with people fawning over him and giving him what he wants. He doesn’t have a clue what it’s like to be a real supporter, most of these young lads don’t. We look at the world of football from a totally different perspective than they do. Sometimes you come across players that ‘get it’. Unfortunately with the hundreds of academies across the country now, that’s slowly disappearing.
    Generally I don’t disagree but it wasn’t so long ago Burstow was posting a picture of him as a kid at The Valley. He ‘got it’ when it suited him and he was trying to make an impression. 
  • I actually don’t understand why we are naming him in the squad. Would much rather Kanu was named. 
    Injured.
  • TBF - you could see it from the early games of the loan-back. 
    As soon as he had done all the advertising on our pitch and got a Prem contract, he wasn’t interested in CAFC. 

In his early days he played up front with an established striker (Aneke/Stockley etc).  Comments on here broadly agreed that he didn't do a whole lot in the games but had an eye for a goal so scored a few in a small number of games.  Chelsea bought him as all our main strikers got injured and suddenly he was playing upfront with Leko with zero chances being created. Not a surprise he was poor.
  • He’s a kid, thrown into football from a young age, with people fawning over him and giving him what he wants. He doesn’t have a clue what it’s like to be a real supporter, most of these young lads don’t. We look at the world of football from a totally different perspective than they do. Sometimes you come across players that ‘get it’. Unfortunately with the hundreds of academies across the country now, that’s slowly disappearing.
    Generally I don’t disagree but it wasn’t so long ago Burstow was posting a picture of him as a kid at The Valley. He ‘got it’ when it suited him and he was trying to make an impression. 
    Yeah a picture as a kid ain’t proof. I look at Pickford going Sunderland away as a 22 year old for example. Rob Elliott was at countless away games with us.