Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oculus Quest 2 Virtual Reality headset

Has anyone got one of these ?

my youngest wants to get one for his birthday (9) but I don’t really know much about them. 

Are there lots of games? He likes fortnite and Minecraft style games. 
Dont know how you even buy the games for it!!

what is the motion sickness like?

Are there many games where you would link up with friends or is it more solitary ?

any tips, do’s or don’ts ? 

Comments

• Thanks

So you link it to your phone to play games you have downloaded ? 
  • edited March 2022
    My brother bought one, we had loads of fun playing it as a family one night.

Even my 76yo Mum loved playing Beat Sabre.  Bloody brilliant little game that.

Apparently adult entertainment looks good on them too lol

Re:motion sickness, it does happen.  I suffered quite badly when playing Mario VR cart but didnt have it with the Oculus, although I felt it coning on with a rollercoaster simulator thing but quit out quite quickly.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Thanks

So you link it to your phone to play games you have downloaded ? 
    It downloads to the headset and you can pair it with a phone to see what they see 
  • We have one - superb - much better than the PlayStation one - the cricket game is a good laugh - some good ‘terror’ games as well - we have one where you walk the plank on a skyscraper - very realistic 

Be warned - clear a nice big area around the person wearing the Oculus and stay near them - I nearly smashed the telly playing cricket !!!
  • I’ve had mine for more than a year. I love it. Easy to use with loads of reasonably priced games and experiences - many of which are free or have free demos and most are available on a trial basis with refunds if you try and don’t like them. Playing games in VR is a unique, sensational experience - so much more satisfying and enjoyable than pounding a controller whilst watching it on a Tv screen. With VR, you are actually inside the game.

Highly recommended!
  • thanks everyone
  • I have one, absolutely love it. 

Pistol Whip is a great game for people that remember Time Crisis. 

"Thrill of the fight" though is hands down the best game or exercise I have ever played/done. 

Get into some gym clothes, exercising has never been so fun. An hour on that, my heart rate matches a pretty serious bike ride. 

Table tennis surprisingly good as well, very realistic, and so much better to be standing up playing a game than sitting on your arse. 
  • Are there any two player games? Not online, but indoors.
  • Sponsored links:

• Quick question. 

Son is just setting up his headset etc. 
    in the game store online, how do you actually search for the name of a game? 
  • We have one - superb - much better than the PlayStation one - the cricket game is a good laugh - some good ‘terror’ games as well - we have one where you walk the plank on a skyscraper - very realistic 

Be warned - clear a nice big area around the person wearing the Oculus and stay near them - I nearly smashed the telly playing cricket !!!
    I did the skyscraper one, then got cocky and did the level with the spiders. 

Without any spoilers I went arse over tit and smashed the mother in laws mantle piece. 
  • edited April 2022
    MrOneLung said:
    Quick question. 

Son is just setting up his headset etc. 
    in the game store online, how do you actually search for the name of a game? 
    Best to do it on your phone in the Oculus app
  • Cheers Huskaris 
  • He has only downloaded a free game so far - Gorilla Tag. Gonna look online with him this evening to pick some games to buy. 

Then just gotta work out how to show it on the TV !! 
  • MrOneLung said:
    He has only downloaded a free game so far - Gorilla Tag. Gonna look online with him this evening to pick some games to buy. 

Then just gotta work out how to show it on the TV !! 

How old is he? Pistol whip and beat saber are two cracking games. 

Also, if you buy a game and don't like it, as long as you have played it for less than 2 hours (from memory) and had it for less than a couple of weeks (from memory) you can apply for a refund and Meta accept it by default, something I've done several times and works like a great demo!

On the casting to the screen, just make sure your TV is on (and has a Chromecast available setting or device) and then in the main menu there is like a pink box with a forward arrow which means "share". When you click that one of the options should be to cast and then you select the device from there. 

Some cracking games for adults too, I've been loving thrill of the fight so much, and recently ib cricket which is good fun if you like a bit of cricket. 

Enjoy!
  • Cheers. He is only 9 but think Beat Saber is one seen mentioned a lot. 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    My brother bought one, we had loads of fun playing it as a family one night.

Even my 76yo Mum loved playing Beat Sabre.  Bloody brilliant little game that.

Apparently adult entertainment looks good on them too lol

Re:motion sickness, it does happen.  I suffered quite badly when playing Mario VR cart but didnt have it with the Oculus, although I felt it coning on with a rollercoaster simulator thing but quit out quite quickly.
    Regarding motion sickness I get it pretty horribly on any game where your movement in the game isn't fully linked to your movement in real life. 

For example, I can play table tennis or boxing on there for hours and feel fine, but right now I feel so rough after playing a warplane sim. I just have to stop playing them. 

Regarding the adult entertainment on them... I heard that too... And I can confirm it's true.