Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Doncaster Rovers v Charlton Athletic | Sat 26th March

3 wins on the bounce, 3 clean sheets on the spin and that elusive away win.

Keen to hear your thoughts!

Comments

• Options
    Very good 3 points not just the win but the performance and the chances we created which is good to see .. on another day we score 5/6
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Is LoOkie on holiday? ......  P'raps with Curbs?

@LoOkOuT
  • Options
    Normally at this stage of the season three wins on the trot would fire us up the league. 
    Not this season though. 

It's fired us up to 14th. :neutral:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Out of the relegation battle and out of the playoff race and we're playing better football. Frustrating
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    We’re up to 14th!!

20 points off the playoffs, 10 points off 10th.
  • Options
    With the technical issues they should do the interview with Jacko by pigeon post
  • Options
    With the technical issues they should do the interview with Jacko by pigeon post
    "One small step for Jacko..one giant leap for mankind"..giant steps are what you take talking on the Moon..
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Normally at this stage of the season three wins on the trot would fire us up the league. 
    Not this season though. 

It's fired us up to 14th. :neutral:

It's made us safe from relegation. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Davo55 said:
    We hammered them 1-0. Much better performance with some good, passing football that deserved much better, clinical finishing. Washington in particular left his shooting boots at home. Doncaster were woeful and we will have paid dearly for all those misses against a better side.
    Great performance from CBT and I must admit I haven’t rated him at all up to now. But then he got the most ridiculous yellow card when he nicked the ball and looked set to sprint away to their goal. The only possible explanation is that he hadn’t been waved back on by the ref.
    Still, three wins on the spin and we are pretty much nailed on for a mid-table finish, which is about all we deserve.
    He was MotM a couple of weeks back, and could well be today. Think he could be a valuable player for us next season, as he's one of the few who can change a game.
    Washington used to smack his penalties, but sounds like he tried to wait to see which way the keeper was going. Doubt he'll try that again.
    I didn't think we looked great in the second half. We seemed to lack energy. It sounds like we were better in the first half, and created plenty of chances.
    Still, I'm not going to argue with the results. Top half finish still possible!
  • Options
    Really looking forward to CBT next season after a full summer and preseason with us.
    Don't get too excited .... CBT has probably borrowed Danny Haynes' cheesestraw hamstrings

• Options
    We played better because the opposition were ridiculously poor. As others have said I hope TS isnt looking at the last 3 results and those that I'm sure will come before the end of the season when we play the other poor teams and thinks he has a promotion squad that just had a bad run. Without a clear out and some decent acquisitions mid table is where we will find ourselves again next season
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Playing better with nothing on the line just proves to me more that we need to get rid of a lot of the bottlers for next season. No amount of wins compensates for the shit they have dished out in this waste of a season. Well done for winning, but so what!!.🤷🏻‍♂️
    Playing better because we have our injuries back .. makes a massive difference 
    And we are playing Doncaster, Gillingham and the like, not Wigan, Oxford and MK Dons.

The fixtures have, and won't have, no effect on where we finish in the end but they have made it more of a feast or famine season. 
  • Options
    I thought Doncaster looked at rock bottom sadly for them and we did our very best to give them something which they were too crap to take. A rubbish game and performance and we were lucky we were playing them.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Well played Jacko. Must have been hard when we were getting turned over amid a raft of injuries, and to see our slim play off chances slip away.

But he stuck with it and is now getting the rewards. I really believe he’ll take us to where we all want to go. 
    Wish I had you optimism mate.

I really wanted him to be successful but to be honest I have written him off as a 1 trick pony devoid of ideas or guile