Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th March 2022

edited March 2022 in General Charlton
Back "Oop North" again today. Well, only as far as Bonny Donny.

Somehow we've got to keep a bit of interest alive in this so disappointing of seasons. With 2 wins on the spin it least it's calmed the fears of the doom mongers and those of an anxious football disposition. Team news? Jacko has told us that Pearcey and CBT have both trained and available. Maybe, surely a big maybe, JFC also to be considered as he played 66 minutes for the 23s in midweek?

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Lavelle, Purrington; Matthews, Gilbey, Dobson, Fraser, Blackett-Taylor; Stockley (c), Washington

Subs: Harness, Famewo, Pearce, Jaiyesimi, Lee, Leko, Burstow

Charlton TV preview begins at 2.15pm.
Scotty, Brownie and Rhoys Wiggins in the studio.
No Curbs  ...... he's been told that he can't be there today, as Mrs Curbishley has booked yet another holiday.

COYR!

Comments

• Options
    Cheers Oggy, didnt realise that Rhoys was in the studio this week
  • Options
    Cheers Oggy, didnt realise that Rhoys was in the studio this week
    Yep, according to the OS, It's Rhoys who is the random legend this week. If he's not injured. :wink:

• Options
    Didn’t see JFC in that video. Was hoping to see him back on the bench today 
  • Options
    Wouldnt be surprised if he was there still - The club comms tend to keep things quiet for as long as possible.
  • Options
    Wouldnt be surprised if he was there still - The club comms tend to keep things quiet for as long as possible.
    Those rascals keeping the betting traders on their toes.
  • Options
    Well thats the last time that I defend the comms team :D
  • Options
    After almost a year out, surely it's a big ask after just a couple of run outs in the 23s.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same starting line up for last 3 matches. 
  • Options
    Christ we're facing Joe Dodoo!!

• Options
    A settled team! (That will be effortlessly outclassed by about ten other teams in this division if it emerges again next season) 
  • Options

And one of the Matt Smiths... 
  • Options

Aaaaaagh! ..... The dreaded nonsense number bingo.  :neutral:

• Options
    Jonniesta said:

And one of the Matt Smiths... 
    The Arsenal one that joined us with Jaiyesimi last season
  • Options

Be afraid. Be very afraid! 

• Options

And U2's bass player. Will he give Doncaster The Edge over us?
  • Options

Charlton TV ...... can't wait for that bleddy awful head bangin music to stop!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Another 3 points on the cards today, Notice in the studio we have Wiggins, Brown, and Minto, formidable defensive line up, hopefully not too defensive today, where's Curbs when you need him!!.. B)
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Aaaaaagh! ..... The dreaded nonsense number bingo.  :neutral:

The only ones in what seems to be our regular starters that I would like to still be there next season are.

Dobson
    Stockley 
    Gilbey ( pelters incoming 😁 )
    Washington
    Lavelle
    Fraser
    CBT
    Clare

That's 8 so imo a major recruitment isnt required. We just have a big squad but it is full of players either not good enough or just dont fit. If we renew contracts on those players I will be gutted
  • Options
    Is Pearce the only senior player who would have played with Dodoo? Don't think Albie had broken through yet. 
  • Options
    I don’t think you can look at our recent poor away form and make too much of it when we were without Washington, Stockley, CBT, Fraser. Fully expect us to win today against a poor Donny who were woeful in the reverse fixture.
  • Options
    I hadn't realised that Wiggins was working with us as a sports nutritionist
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Back "Oop North" again today. Well, only as far as Bonny Donny.

Somehow we've got to keep a bit of interest alive in this so disappointing of seasons. With 2 wins on the spin it least it's calmed the fears of the doom mongers and those of an anxious football disposition. Team news? Jacko has told us that Pearcey and CBT have both trained and available. Maybe, surely a big maybe, JFC also to be considered as he played 66 minutes for the 23s in midweek?

Charlton: MacGillivray; Clare, Lavelle, Purrington; Matthews, Gilbey, Dobson, Fraser, Blackett-Taylor; Stockley (c), Washington

Subs: Harness, Famewo, Pearce, Lee, Jaiyesimi, Lee, Leko, Burstow

Charlton TV preview begins at 2.15pm.
    Scotty, Brownie and Rhoys Wiggins in the studio.
    No Curbs  ...... he's been told that he can't be there today, as Mrs Curbishley has booked yet another holiday.

COYR!
    Well out of order that Lee gets on the bench twice, not even deserved one cushion of late imho
  • Options
    Yeah, Brownie didn't look too impressed did he when his name was mentioned, impossible cause.. B)
  • Options
    I thought he'd become an Agent
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Jacko's interview sounds like he is speaking from the Moon
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I don’t think you can look at our recent poor away form and make too much of it when we were without Washington, Stockley, CBT, Fraser. Fully expect us to win today against a poor Donny who were woeful in the reverse fixture.
    And we played Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday, MK Dons, Oxford..........

Missed the away bit sorry 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!