Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Totally pointless. 
  • The attempts to stop him were pathetic. If we weren’t 2 up or the game meant more I’d have been seriously pissed off.
  • Cheap tickets?

Increase in pond life?

Has anyone done the Maths?  Can someone ask Mick Everett if the Club fine outweighs the extra income? 
  • edited March 2022
    To be fair it shows how inept the stewarding and security are. Ridiculous how he got on and more so that only one bothered to try and stop him. It was once he was off and carried away that others came down.

Stupid kid yeah, not great for the club that’s true, but it did make me laugh at the time, I won’t lie. 
  • Sage said:
    To be fair it shows the ineptitude of the stewarding and security. Ridiculous how he got on and more so that only one bothered to try and stop him. It was once he was off and carried away that others came down.

Stupid kid, not great for the club, but it did make me laugh at the time, I won’t lie. 
    Several people kicked out by stewards in the Covered End Lower today for having pints in the stands. 

No mention of the fact they would have walked straight past the Stewards on the stairs a minute before, with a full pint in hand
  • sam3110 said:
    Sage said:
    To be fair it shows the ineptitude of the stewarding and security. Ridiculous how he got on and more so that only one bothered to try and stop him. It was once he was off and carried away that others came down.

Stupid kid, not great for the club, but it did make me laugh at the time, I won’t lie. 
    Several people kicked out by stewards in the Covered End Lower today for having pints in the stands. 

No mention of the fact they would have walked straight past the Stewards on the stairs a minute before, with a full pint in hand
    It’s so poor. It’s almost as if the ‘authority’ gives them a kick rather than actually doing the job which is more about preventative measures than anything else.
  • JaShea99 said:
    The attempts to stop him were pathetic. If we weren’t 2 up or the game meant more I’d have been seriously pissed off.
    Probably would have run around for a lot longer if the Burton player hadn't intervined. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What a total twat, and how could he afford enough piss-poor beer at our prices to make him do that.
  • edited March 2022
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cheap tickets?

Increase in pond life?

Has anyone done the Maths?  Can someone ask Mick Everett if the Club fine outweighs the extra income? 
    What extra income?

Why, tickets for a fiver @Airman Brown

x tickets at £5 per tickets = £5x ... or have I missed something?

:) 
  • Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cheap tickets?

Increase in pond life?

What extra income?

Less the full price ticket match income from people who would have bought a match ticket at standard price.

So, best guess the club would have sold at most 3,500 tickets at £4.17 each net of VAT. That’s £14,583.

If we assume for argument’s sake the average net yield from a paid ticket normally is £15 that means the club got the same as if 1,000 people had bought match tickets at normal prices. No extra.

Or you can say the club lost £10,830 from those 1,000 people and gained a similar amount back from the other 2,500 who came and paid.

I’m assuming that the home crowd was 6,000 season ticket holders, 1,500 comps and 3,500 payers. There may have been more STs and comps and fewer payers. 

It’s anyone’s guess how many would have paid at full price - I doubt if it would have been quite as low as 1,000 for a Saturday game. But given we had 8,000 home fans on Tuesday and won it’s reasonable to assume we would have had 9,000 plus today, which makes the FFAF effect very small. In 2010/11 we would have sold a five figure number of £5 tickets, from recollection.

All hypothetical nonsense to prove your point? 
  • Hope the next time someone on here says that there is no problem with giving away tickets for free, they look at the extra stewards in the East stand so tibthe pitch invader against Ipswich. These freebie lot (no idea if todays invader was) are now costing us money 
  • Football For A Fiver is shite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cheap tickets?

Increase in pond life?

What extra income?

Less the full price ticket match income from people who would have bought a match ticket at standard price.

So, best guess the club would have sold at most 3,500 tickets at £4.17 each net of VAT. That’s £14,583.

If we assume for argument’s sake the average net yield from a paid ticket normally is £15 that means the club got the same as if 1,000 people had bought match tickets at normal prices. No extra.

Or you can say the club lost £10,830 from those 1,000 people and gained a similar amount back from the other 2,500 who came and paid.

I’m assuming that the home crowd was 6,000 season ticket holders, 1,500 comps and 3,500 payers. There may have been more STs and comps and fewer payers. 

It’s anyone’s guess how many would have paid at full price - I doubt if it would have been quite as low as 1,000 for a Saturday game. But given we had 8,000 home fans on Tuesday and won it’s reasonable to assume we would have had 9,000 plus today, which makes the FFAF effect very small. In 2010/11 we would have sold a five figure number of £5 tickets, from recollection.

Perfect.

So ... Mick Everett .. did we break even?

Please let Thomas know either way.
  • The clubs first fine this season in incoming then? If that’s the case it was only a matter of time with incidents going on all season. Opposition players attacked with coins etc, other young individuals running on the pitch at the end of a game, seat thrown at a steward. Idiot running on the pitch v Norwich in the Cup.

• The poor steward who gave chase and got given the run around normally does my block, nice fella, always says hello. 

Not sure what the point is with it all to be honest. What a nothing thing to get a criminal record for
    A pissed day tripper who probably doesn't know the consequences of his actions.

There seemed to be quite  a lot of very drunk 20 somethings in the Covered End.
  • Lucky we didn't have the same approach in the seventies - prisons would now be full of old blokes in Parkas and flares.
    Definitely get banned for flares these days, not so Parkas.
  • Running on the pitch and giving it to the losing away team = muggy thing to do.  Plus I had to spend 30 minutes telling my 9 yr old over and over that no, he couldn't run on the pitch at the next game!  
  • Some of us are talking some b@llocks on here.
  • Solidgone said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cheap tickets?

Increase in pond life?

What extra income?

All hypothetical nonsense to prove your point? 
    Gotta get that fresh knife wound, daily. 
  • clb74 said:
    Some of us are talking some b@llocks on here.
    Well shutup then🤪