Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beer moan - The Valley

Its convenient for my lot to meet inside the Lower Covered End where the Heineken is £5.50 a pint in a plastic glass. What really  bugs me is the pre pouring. Last night 45 minutes prior to kick off in a near empty Lower Covered End Concourse there they were - a line of pre poured beers sitting there waiting for the next punter. I always get them to pour a fresh one, but come on CAFC stop it!  Moan over, great to win last night. 

Comments

• Sevensix said:
    If it's Heineken it's not real beer so it doesn't count!
    I am really fussy but I actually like Heineken export!
  • Its convenient for my lot to meet inside the Lower Covered End where the Heineken is £5.50 a pint in a plastic glass. What really  bugs me is the pre pouring. Last night 45 minutes prior to kick off in a near empty Lower Covered End Concourse there they were - a line of pre poured beers sitting there waiting for the next punter. I always get them to pour a fresh one, but come on CAFC stop it!  Moan over, great to win last night. 
    Then everyone complains at the queues and the wait times. Can't please all of the people......
  • Maybe they could with those machines that pour from the bottom like Spurs have. I think they would sell more too because people like a novelty.
  • redman said:
    Its convenient for my lot to meet inside the Lower Covered End where the Heineken is £5.50 a pint in a plastic glass. What really  bugs me is the pre pouring. Last night 45 minutes prior to kick off in a near empty Lower Covered End Concourse there they were - a line of pre poured beers sitting there waiting for the next punter. I always get them to pour a fresh one, but come on CAFC stop it!  Moan over, great to win last night. 
    Then everyone complains at the queues and the wait times. Can't please all of the people......
    That's fair enough but not when the ground is empty! 
  • edited March 2022
    You can get home versions for £250 so that is a big markup for what is quite a simple system. I thought the cost would mainly come from the plastic glasses which could be absorbed in the price.
  • I think it’s justifiable at half time but not so much pre kick off.
  • I appreciate the fans bar having bitter straight from the barrel, but if they could let us know what it is called, strength etc it would be nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• All they need to do is half pour the pints, and top them up freshly when ordered, speeds up the service and stops then looking flat and shit. You'll still have some idiots insisting on a fully fresh pint (which will be too cold for you to actually enjoy the beer and taste it, a common problem with our generally ignorant public but hey ho) but by and large it'll work out better
  • I appreciate the guest bitter, think it’s been a success?
    Do think the last one was distinctly average though, was it called Douchers ?
    Time to go back to something of quality like ‘Landlord’
    Time to send the catering manager at Gather & Gather another email.
  • sam3110 said:
    All they need to do is half pour the pints, and top them up freshly when ordered, speeds up the service and stops then looking flat and shit. You'll still have some idiots insisting on a fully fresh pint (which will be too cold for you to actually enjoy the beer and taste it, a common problem with our generally ignorant public but hey ho) but by and large it'll work out better
    It’s served that cold to make sure you can’t taste it. If you could, you wouldn’t buy it 
  • £5.50 for a badly poured pint in a plastic glass in xbars. 

Or £3.15  for a decent pint in a proper glass in the Rad.

It's a tough one.
    Even the Rad has put its  prices up to an outrageous £3.15 a pint but still better all round.

They do let a few dodgy types in though.  That Brian fella for example 

😄

• You can get home versions for £250 so that is a big markup for what is quite a simple system. I thought the cost would mainly come from the plastic glasses which could be absorbed in the price.
    Comparing the cheap £250 home version to the retail ones over at spurs is chalk and cheese.

For example, the home one is just plastic and requires no setting up, 'pours' badly and won't last long.

The ones at spurs are made out of stainless steel and are driven by small electronic drivers under the counter along with other bits of 'simple' kit. We wasted over 50,000 litre of beer setting those up to get the right 'pour' in the optimal time as each unit required commissioning individually.  They are most definitely built to last, hence the price difference
  • Redrobo said:
    I appreciate the fans bar having bitter straight from the barrel, but if they could let us know what it is called, strength etc it would be nice.

I've tried their real ales a couple of times. The first was just about drinkable, the second was totally lifeless, looked awful, tasted bad. Given up since then. Cask beer needs looking after and it can't be kept too long, which is why it doesn't usually work at places like football grounds, where they might be serving beer for a few hours every couple of weeks.
  • edited March 2022
    cafc999 said:
    Maybe they could with those machines that pour from the bottom like Spurs have. I think they would sell more too because people like a novelty.
    Each one of those units over at spurs cost between £7k (2 glass station) & £10k (3 glass station) each. Doubt we will be ever seeing them at The Valley
    The machines are very good, however the beer has to be really cold for them to work, if it is kept above 5 degrees, they fob like mad. A lot of the cellars on the concourses at The Valley, would struggle to keep the beer at that temperature. Unless they have been upgraded from my time there, which of course may have happened!
  • sam3110 said:
    All they need to do is half pour the pints, and top them up freshly when ordered, speeds up the service and stops then looking flat and shit. You'll still have some idiots insisting on a fully fresh pint (which will be too cold for you to actually enjoy the beer and taste it, a common problem with our generally ignorant public but hey ho) but by and large it'll work out better
    There you go, somebody can be relied on to find a solution. It is probably a good idea if the club takes this up.