Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rebecca Welch to referee Charlton vs Burton

Have heard Rebecca is doing very well in her 1st season as an EFL Referee after making history last season. Rumoured to be on course for a promotion to the Championship already!

Can't be worse than some we have had this season.

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to her. At least she won't have "small man syndrome", like a lot of refs.
  • Options
    Hopefully she's better than that Australian bloke who got fast-tracked in the EFL
  • Options
    Hopefully she's better than that Australian bloke who got fast-tracked in the EFL
    Jarred Gillet, An absolute wet wipe of a referee.  
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    Jarred Gillet, An absolute wet wipe of a referee.  
    Yeah was really disappointed when he took charge of our game against Reading.

Thought he'd be a breath of fresh air - Ended up not having a clue
  • Options
    Personally I think the standard of the refereeing at this level is poor, so hopefully a big improvement. 
  • Options
    Hopefully she can keep up with play - not a few this season have had problems doing so due to their beer bellies.
  • Options
    Personally I think the standard of the refereeing at this level is poor, so hopefully a big improvement. 
    When you have the likes of Stroud and Linington officiating at Championship level it doesn't give you much confidence and hope in the lower divisions especially when Kettle is still in a job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have heard Rebecca is doing very well in her 1st season as an EFL Referee after making history last season. Rumoured to be on course for a promotion to the Championship already!

I remember a lady linesperson signalled  a penalty offence to us  against Port Vale around 1996 or so. Vale players gave her abuse but she just stood there ,flag out and told the referee what she saw. Unlike the assistant referees of today who see sod all.
    Wendy Toms 
  • Options
    shame it's not Rebecca Curtis .. now she is WELL worth watching 
  • Options
    No problem with this,actually surprised more women are not refereeing games,always thought Sean Massey -Ellis would be refereeing as she is one of the best linos in the game.
  • Options
    bloody 'ell..............her old man's tea is going be late on Saturday then !!  I hope he don't mind waiting for her to get in & start cooking it............
    Especially if she parks in Charlton park 😉🤣😂
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    shame it's not Rebecca Curtis .. now she is WELL worth watching 
     @Lincsaddick...should this maybe be on the Celebrity Crush thread... B)
  • Options

I remember a lady linesperson signalled  a penalty offence to us  against Port Vale around 1996 or so. Vale players gave her abuse but she just stood there ,flag out and told the referee what she saw. Unlike the assistant referees of today who see sod all.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rVZbhnYnctY
  • Options
    Never forgave her for the way she treated Tim Healy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jealous.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Good luck to her. At least she won't have "small man syndrome", like a lot of refs.
    What's that then?
  • Options
    Generally agree, but I've noticed that we've Sam Purkiss a few times who has actually been really good. Anyone else spotted him? Even got a comment off Curbs one game.

Not to derail the thread though. Good on Rebecca - hope she can deal with the woeful standard of football.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see how she deals with Stockley v Deji round 2.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    sm said:
    Hopefully she can keep up with play - not a few this season have had problems doing so due to their beer bellies.
    Im 60 with a dodgy knee and I could easily keep up with our attacking play, no probs!
    Can you walk backwards & side to side ?