Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What are there more of in the world - Doors or Wheels?

Just the latest nonsense conversation that can distract you for 30 seconds or so and maybe take your mind off of more serious concerns in the world.

So what’s the answer?

I reckon doors, just thinking about all those buildings in all the cities of the world. They’re full of the bloody things.

Comments

• Options
    There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.

That's a fact.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

That's a fact.
    Is that a thing?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    shine166 said:

That's a fact.
    Is that a thing?
    It's a thing we can't deny 
  • Options
    Lego produce 900m tyres each year, so I would imagine the wheel count is pretty close to that. Hard to imagine Sylvanian Families are producing 900m doors. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Gribbo said:
    shine166 said:

That's a fact.
    Is that a thing?
    It's a thing we can't deny 
    Like the fact that I will love you till I die
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    There must be 4x more wheels than doors because you need a van to driver a door, and most vans have 4 wheels. So, in order to get an accurate figure, you need to find out how many doors there are in the word and times it by 4.

Or, how many vans there are in the world and divide that by 4.

Simple
  • Options
    What constitutes a door? Is a cat flap a door? Are washing machine or oven doors included?

What constitutes a wheel? Are toy wheels included?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    There must be 4x more wheels than doors because you need a van to driver a door, and most vans have 4 wheels. So, in order to get an accurate figure, you need to find out how many doors there are in the word and times it by 4.

Simple
    Don't most vans have 2 doors?  
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Gribbo said:

Simple
    Good point. And 1x steering wheel
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely doors, most things on wheels also have doors, whereas most things with doors don't have wheels
  • Options
    Ross said:
    What constitutes a door? Is a cat flap a door? Are washing machine or oven doors included?

What constitutes a wheel? Are toy wheels included?
    I was about to ask the same - if a wheel is any generally round object capable of spinning on an axle then there are likely more wheels than doors. If the definition of a wheel is a circular object that revolves on an axle and is fixed below a vehicle or other object to enable it to move easily over the ground, then doors will likely win!
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    rananegra said:
    Gribbo said:

Simple
    Good point. And 1x steering wheel
    It’s a poor van that can only take one door.
  • Options
    Also do you throw your van away after you have delivered your door?
  • Options
    Okay, so you can fit 10 doors in a van, give or take, so x the final number by 10, but remember the steering wheel
  • Options
    Most cars have 4 doors and 4 wheels. 
    So I'm saying more doors in the world 
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Gribbo said:

Simple
    The driver and passenger doors and the doors at the back?
  • Options
    Most cars have 4 doors and 4 5 wheels. 

• Options
    The problem is you have cupboard doors but then you have wheels in engines and machines. I suppose it comes down to how you define a wheel and a door. But even if you do, I still havent got a clue what the answer is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

You forgot the flywheel 
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    Gribbo said:

Simple
    The driver and passenger doors and the doors at the back?
    Plus a side on half of them
  • Options
    The problem is you have cupboard doors but then you have wheels in engines and machines. I suppose it comes down to how you define a wheel and a door. But even if you do, I still havent got a clue what the answer is.
    You know how it works here - you don't have to have a clue, just pick a position and defend it loudly and aggressively.

You knob.
    Or sit on the fence.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

You must be kicking yourself for not starting this thread.
  • Options
    You know how it works here - you don't have to have a clue, just pick a position and defend it loudly and aggressively.

You knob.
    Or sit on the fence.
    Sorry it sounded funnier in my head than it read...
  • Options
    Do back doors count?

Because if they do, there are nearly 8billion people in the world and there can only be one winner therefore.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    sam3110 said:
    Definitely doors, most things on wheels also have doors, whereas most things with doors don't have wheels
    With GIllingham being the obvious exception.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Most things on wheels have doors? Really?
  • Options
    Wheels by the way, the answer is wheels.