Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton V Sunderland...MATCH THREAD 5th March

Comments

1. 13'

Post update

Foul by Arbenit Xhemajli (Sunderland).

2. 13'

Post update

Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• edited March 2022
    Has Fraser touched the ball?

Edit- Yes!
  • Sexy pass Scott Fraser
    1. 15'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Scott Fraser tries a through ball, but Mason Burstow is caught offside.

1. 16'

Post update

Offside, Sunderland. Dennis Cirkin tries a through ball, but Ross Stewart is caught offside.

• Yeah that's why you don't really want Lavelle playing as an outside CB. Dragged up the field and our wide and just gets turned too easily.
  • I could be wrong, but do people think the problem with our version of the 3-5-2 is that we are too keen to hit the long ball? So our "wing backs" don't get the chance to progress up the pitch and support our attacks?

I think this formation can only work if we have the ability to play through our midfield more constructively. Which is something we haven't been able to do since Jackson's honeymoon.
  • Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial·26s18'
     🟨 Lavelle booked for a foul on Pritchard. 

#cafc 0 #safc 0
  • You know if we started this dominating against another team, around now they would make a tactical change which would bring them back into it….

• 19' MacGillivray covers Cirkin's header at the far post. Stewart heads wide from the resulting corner. #cafc 0 #safc 0
  • Sponsored links:

• What is the point of three centre backs when none of them do anything ?
  • How many free headers?!
  • Free header from Sunderland from that last corner, should be 0-1, we are looking very light from set pieces, tighten up lads ffs
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Let's just hope the Lock Ness Drogba isn't spotted today.  Must be licking his lips playing against Pearce and Gunter. 
    Causing Lavelle problems as well. 
  • Goal coming. 

And not for us. 
  • edited March 2022
    I'm bored of watching this team
    Bring back Famewo.
  • WTF do we do on the training ground in respect of defending setplays? Same shit week after week. We look so vulnerable.
    Bring on Inniss, sorry forgot he only plays about a dozen games a season
  • This is so bad 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    I'm bored of watching this team
    Just as well for us who still have no sound!
  • no bloody commentary again!!
  • my commentary has gone again! FFS
  • They press us but we can't press them. How many times
    1. 22'

Post update

Foul by Corry Evans (Sunderland).

2. 22'

Post update

Elliot Lee (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• WTF do we do on the training ground in respect of defending setplays? Same shit week after week. We look so vulnerable.
    We're great at defending our own set-pieces as that's what we practise every week.

Unfortunately we struggle against the variety provided by the oppo.
  • have to keep logging out to get the bloody commentary back on
  • Shambles 
  • edited March 2022
    How many chances we going to give the LND? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!