Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lifers' Cancer Updates - @Redmidland has decided to have surgery (p51)

Comments

• Options
    I hope that these six days do you the power of good.  Take care.
  • Options
    Difficult times, RM, but hang in there buddy. One day at a time and you'll beat this.
  • Options
    Just take everything one step at a time...and cherish every bit of positive progress. 

We're all behind you, as always.....as long as you're not wearing that mankini B)
    Nooo!  But I think we're safe, Fanny; he'd need a second pouch for the stoma!

Best wishes, @Redmidland.  Sounds as though you've been having a rough time, but hopefully the 2nd round of chemo will be less taxing.  Fingers crossed for you.
  • Options
    Inspirational RM
    Good wishes , and hope you come out on top
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that it’s such a struggle RM. Stay strong mate. 
  • Options
    All the best mate @Redmidland
  • Options
    Just an update from me. I had a slight delay in starting chemo as I have a rare 'gene' that reacts with the chemo drugs.
    However I started my first of 8 sessions on 6th September, this was an 'infusion' into my hand for 2 hours. Things started well but towards the end my left hand was in excruciating pain; the chemo had built up in my vein and didn't disperse. The chemo was stopped a few minutes early and the canula etc was removed, I've never felt pain like it, and the nurses had to put a warm compress on my hand to help disperse the drug. I lost 90% of the use of my left arm for about 72 hours.
    I came home and then started chemo tablets on 7th September, 8 everyday for 14 days. The chronic fatigue then set in and I've been mainly bedridden since, I also lost my appetite and suffered from terrible nausea for the first 10 days.
    My tablets stopped yesterday and I now have 6 days off before I go back to hospital for session 2 to begin on 4th October. The oncologist and I had a chat yesterday and he says I'm doing well, he is hopeful the treatment WILL be successful once this is finished and radiotherapy begins early next year. 
    I have  a battle on my hands and I now know, I more than likely, wont be at The Valley this season.
    Depression is now my biggest battle as I have been very very low these last few weeks, but I'm hoping these next 6 days will help me.
    My thanks must go to @TCE, who, with is lovely wife, sent Mrs RM and myself some chocs and flowers 2 days ago - thanks mate!
    I don't post on here very often now, but read it avidly to keep up to date with things, and I'm thankful for its existence.
    Until another time.
    #fxxkcancer

The Oncologist news is very good to hear.
  • Options
    Try to stay positive RM , wishing you all the very best. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I pressed like for this as you’re doing something positive & for that you have to be commended.
    Good luck & keep us posted with updates.
    Sending positive energy your way xxx
  • Options
    My best wishes to you @FishCostaFortune, I hope you are in the 'watch and wait' category and you get the results soon. Take care x I will donate to your bike ride.
  • Options
    Everything crossed for you, FCF.

Please keep us updated x
  • Options
    Thanks Lancs.
    I would love to buy you & you Lass a glass of your favourite tipple in the future x
  • Options
    @lancashire lad Amen to that my friend!
    Hope all goes well for your Lass xx
  • Options
    Very best wishes to FCF, Lancashire Lass & Lad & everyone else. 
  • Options
    Very best wishes to FCF, Lancashire Lass & Lad & everyone else. 
    To you also.
  • Options
    Sending very best wishes to the Lass, Lancs, and to you @FishCostaFortune. My wee cousin works as Head of Research & Advocacy for Myeloma UK but not sure if that’s related - if it is, then let me know and I could put you in touch. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic that you are challenging yourself to do the Kentish Killer ride @FishCostaFortune.  I will donate.

Good luck with your tests.
  • Options
    Everything crossed for your Lass @lancashire lad
  • Options
    Keep up the fight Redmidland
  • Options
    Glad you are building your strength back up @Redmidland.
  • Options
    Stay strong @Redmidland 💪 
  • Options
    G’wan Red 💚
  • Options
    Wonderful news CE, always good to hear when a Lifer has beaten this disease and shows that we should all not give up hope of winning this battle 
  • Options
    Good news is always welcome @Covered End. Is there much in the way of further follow-up, or are you effectively all clear now?