Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for Wendies game

With our walking wounded list ever increasing, who would you pick for Saturday?

McG

Lavelle - Innis (captain, if fit) or Pearce (captain, for his experience) - Famewo

DJ - Fraser (if fit) or Gilbey (reluctantly) - Dobson -Morgan - Purrington

Lee

Kanu  

This for me, assuming Jacko will stick to his favoured formation.

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully Fraser is fit to play + maybe Washington too. 

If not, we may as well not turn up (we haven’t in the last 3 games).
  • Options
    Hopefully Fraser is fit to play + maybe Washington too. 

If not, we may as well not turn up (we haven’t in the last 3 games).
    I was assuming Washington wasn't fit, but if he was I would start him in place of Kanu or possibly Lee.
  • Options
    Not Gilbey. The rest can work itself out
  • Options
    Macgillivray
    Lavelle Pearce Famewo
    DJ Dobson Fraser Morgan Purrington
    Kanu Lee

A mixture of what I actually want and what I reckon he'll pick. I'd rather play Campbell and Elewere but there we go
  • Options
    It has to be DJ at right wing back. To stick with Matthew's is giving away the three points before they start playing! 
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    It has to be DJ at right wing back. To stick with Matthew's is giving away the three points before they start playing! 
    DJ isn't really any better, but neither is Leko, Blackett-Taylor or Gunter. It's a real problem area 
  • Options
    DJ has become a weirdly very solid defender, even as his ability to cross has congealed along with the skill and penetration of every attacking player we have under Jackson's increasingly Bowyeresque demands of 'responsibility' 
  • Options
    Okay, here's one. It is radical, brave and incredibly stupid, but hear me out 

Mac

Gunter Lavelle Famewo Castillo

Dobson

Morgan John

DJ Purrington Leko

Yes, I know. But it does give us a number 9 with some aerial ability and some striking instinct, as well as Leko in his favoured wing-forward role. Obviously, Stockley/Aneke/Washington plug straight in when fit

*braces for 'no, THIS is the worst post on Charlton Life'*
  • Options
    I want the terminal players out of the side for a youngster.

That means no more Gunter or Matthews, I want a RWB and a RCB from the youth setup no matter how inexperienced.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we not recall Davison? 
  • Options
    Jaden will be up front this weekend, the return of the headmaster
  • Options
    Can we not recall Davison? 
    Nope... anyone on a Non-League loan can be recalled (so Gavin etc.) but no one at a League side.
  • Options
    barstool said:
    If so, stick him in my team and I'd like to see us go with that 
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Mac

Dobson

Morgan John

DJ Purrington Leko

Yes, I know. But it does give us a number 9 with some aerial ability and some striking instinct, as well as Leko in his favoured wing-forward role. Obviously, Stockley/Aneke/Washington plug straight in when fit

Definitely NOT the worst post! Ben Purrington up front is very radical, but I like it! As you say, he is good in the air and knows where the goal is, as he has proven.
  • Options
    barstool said:
    I bloody hope so.
  • Options
    Harness
    Chinn Elewere Lavelle Castillo
    DJ Henry Dobson Campbell
    Burstow Ghandour.

MacGillavray Pearce Gilbey Morgan Lee Adigun Kanu.

Sorted.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Mac

Dobson

Morgan John

DJ Purrington Leko

I don’t want to risk rushing Stockley back and we need a physical presence up front. If not Inniss maybe Purrington is the best option.

Can’t see it happening, more likely it’ll be Lee and Leko unfortunately.

If we do switch to using wingers I’d be tempted to start Campbell, he could be like Doughty in and surprise the management team in terms of how ready he is.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
                               Kermorgant
    Kermorgant Kermorgant Kermorgant Kermorgant
                       Kermorgant Kermorgant

What about the bench bob...wait a minute let me guess....doesn't start with a K by any chance.. B)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Mac

Dobson

Morgan John

DJ Purrington Leko

I have not got a problem with Purrington up front in the circumstances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If innis is fit, I would stick him or levelle up front in the hope that we would win flick ons and have someone who can put themselves about a bit 
  • Options
    Mac
    Lavelle, Innis, Famewo
    DJ------------Purrington/ Castillo
            Dobson
    Gilbey         Lee

Leko/CBT*  - Campbell (jumping the gun perhaps) 
    Kanu

Getting sick of leko if i am honest, lazy and just doesn't look interested. Not doubting his talent but at the moment its probably hard to stick someone else there when our squad is so light. 

The biggest problem i see is with the youth Campbell/Kanu, are they ready? i dont want to rush them into the side in such a lacklusture team but also feel that currently we are banging our heads against the brick wall. 

If Innis is injured , peace/ eleware, if Conor Washington is fit he should be Left wing/ Second striker instead of Campbell
  • Options
    bring back Davison .. 2 assists for Swindon last night but no goal  .. and where the fuck is Marquee Signing Fraser ?

anyway no nonsense 4 4 2

Henderson .. Jaiyesimi, Lavelle, Pearce, Purrington ..  Morgan, Dobson, Gilbey, Campbell .. Lee, Kanu

I type this never having seen Campbell or Kanu play .. they can't do a worse job than some recently selected no=hopers
    Henderson, is he fit ?, if not then Harness 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
                               Kermorgant
                       Kermorgant Kermorgant

What about the bench bob...wait a minute let me guess....doesn't start with a K by any chance.. B)
    If needed, yes it would start with K. But as Kermorgant could run for hours and never get's injured then they won't be needed.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
                               Kermorgant
                       Kermorgant Kermorgant

If needed, yes it would start with K. But as Kermorgant could run for hours and never get's injured then they won't be needed.
    How about;
    Kiely
    Kinsey
    Keirs
    Kimble A
    Kimble G
    Kenning
    and of course Kermorgant
    That should do it... B)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
                               Kermorgant
                       Kermorgant Kermorgant

How about;
    Kiely
    Kinsey
    Keirs
    Kimble A
    Kimble G
    Kenning
    and of course Kermorgant
    That should do it... B)
    you forgot Kampbell, Krawford, Katon and Kurtis  :):)
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
                               Kermorgant
                       Kermorgant Kermorgant

How about;
    Kiely
    Kinsey
    Keirs
    Kimble A
    Kimble G
    Kenning
    and of course Kermorgant
    That should do it... B)
    you forgot Kampbell, Krawford, Katon and Kurtis  :):)
    Your just being silly now!! ;)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:
                               Kermorgant
                       Kermorgant Kermorgant

How about;
    Kiely
    Kinsey
    Keirs
    Kimble A
    Kimble G
    Kenning
    and of course Kermorgant
    That should do it... B)
    Kinsella, Konchesky, Kishishev and Kiernan should complete your team. Subs Kearns, Kanu, Kernaghan, Kirk, Konsa, Kitson and Koc
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    We're going to give some of the youngsters a chance.

• Options
    keeper's too small !