Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What’s with the camera lights?

DA7DA7
edited February 2022 in General Charlton
What’s with all these camera lights coming on during the game?

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Yes,  the day before each game, The LGBT Charlton supporters group send an email to their members with a time that they should shine their torches in order to let other people know where they sit so they can meet up and chat. 

Please do not turn on your light if you are straight or if you are not part of their group
  • Options
    I think it’s more to do with the fact we have a lot of Robbie Williams fans who feel let down by all the lockdowns we’ve had and are just making up for it.

And through it all….,,
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Yes,  the day before each game, The LGBT Charlton supporters group send an email to their members with a time that they should shine their torches in order to let other people know where they sit so they can meet up and chat. 

Please do not turn on your light if you are straight or if you are not part of their group
    this post now seems weird after the original post has been amended !!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:

I cannot envisage this post not being weird. Why LGBT?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:

I think that’s obvious.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are none of them thinking about their carbon footprint? 
  • Options
    I have noticed since the camera lights have been happening it usually young children doing it. Also we have started loosing games since this nonsense has started, is it a ploy by the opposition.
  • Options
    Belv said:
    Phone torches, vuvuzelas, just turning into a kids day out rather than a game of football, plus monotonous rubbish like the crossbar challenge.

Throw in the dreadful football and you really do have one of the worst match day experiences in the whole of English football.
    Throw into this whenever Brian Cole has to read anything from a script I can barely understand a word of it. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:

Because the original post ended with - Is it a bit gay ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    PopIcon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:

Because the original post ended with - Is it a bit gay ?
    I thought it very funny. Shame on @DA7 for ruining it.
  • Options
    Noticed Saturdaynight that it’s not muggy, cringe or embarrassing when it’s coked up boxing fans doing it 

Completely different event and setting.
  • Options
    Bring this back to add to the shitness:

• Options
    Around where I was sitting it was kids doing it. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. Takes your mind off the football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite handy for assessing the amount of free tickets given out.
  • Options
    Noticed Saturdaynight that it’s not muggy, cringe or embarrassing when it’s coked up boxing fans doing it 

I think that was people filming the ring walks.
  • Options

Vast majority of those, if not all of them, will be filming that. Not just waving their lights around
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Belv said:
    Phone torches, vuvuzelas, just turning into a kids day out rather than a game of football, plus monotonous rubbish like the crossbar challenge.

Throw in the dreadful football and you really do have one of the worst match day experiences in the whole of English football.
    This in spades. Kids for a quid/football for a fiver used to be once a season promotions, with countless threads on here with complaints - even bingo cards created. Is it any wonder that doing it constantly is ruining the matchday experience for a lot of people?

Though I have no issue with the crossbar challenge.
  • Options
    I cant believe some of the comments on here. Our beloved team is falling apart at the seams, we clearly have back room issues at the club and we are somewhere close to an all time low yet attention is being given to a few kids who want to shine their torches at the game prompting others to join in.

I happen to think some of the songs our fans sing are shit and embarrasing........................so I don't join in.

I happen to think the catering at The Valley is shit................so I don't eat there. 

I happen to think some of the pre match entertainment is shit..................so I don't watch it.

However if people want to sing shit songs, eat shit food and watch shit entertainment fill ya boots and crack on. 

So how do you explain why you turn up to watch the football?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Croydon said:
    Belv said:

This in spades. Kids for a quid/football for a fiver used to be once a season promotions, with countless threads on here with complaints - even bingo cards created. Is it any wonder that doing it constantly is ruining the matchday experience for a lot of people?

Though I have no issue with the crossbar challenge.
    I've no issue with the crossbar challenge itself, more that how long has it being going on for? How long is going to continue going on for? It's run it's course, are there no fresh ideas?

It was more entertaining back in the day when they used to wheel out the big drum and do the VG and Jackpot tickets pitchside or put some content on the big screen or something.

That reminds me, adults shouting fish at a completely pointless and irrelevant image on the big screen is another thing to add to the list. It's desperate.
  • Options
    I don't really care either way, but I quite enjoy the drama of people jeering them, so I hope they carry on
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Vast majority of those, if not all of them, will be filming that. Not just waving their lights around
    Amounts to the same thing
    They think they're having fun
    Makes no sense to anybody else
    As baffling quirks go, it's harmless innit?

• Options
    Croydon said:

And you think that makes it better?!?!?!
  • Options
    Looks like I'm in the minority but I really do hate it, just... so much. I know it's only kids messing around, and there are plenty of other things to worry about at this club and in the world... but I'm also allowed to cringe with every inch of my being each time it happens.

MK Dons scoring and taking the piss was actually quite funny, but the whole thing makes my teeth itch and I really wish I could be more tolerant but no, it's awful. Like, a mate taking the piss out of the light show would be much more withering than the usual 'clowns', 'happy clappers', 'train spotters' etc.

Give me goal music, the fan sofa, Sandgaard's horrendous rock tune (genuinely), anything instead of the phone lights. Yes, we're 16th and Putin is starting WW3... but I hate it, and desperately want it to stop. That's all, that's my view, imagine how grumpy I'll be when I'm properly old...