Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This is the worst I've seen

Ever since I started watching Charlton since 1992!

I'm a season ticket holder, left at 3-0 on Saturday and did not bother going tonight as I feel so deflated with this season and our performances have been dreadful.

We did not prepare well during the summer, our recruitment strategy has been poor and apart from a couple of players who stand out for me the rest are not good enough. I can easily tell how deflated Curbs sounds so even our most expertise in football can see something is wrong.

I remember during the summer I was speaking to a senior figure at Charlton this person said 'we need signings'. That tells you alot for me!

I'm not ant-TS yet but I feel he's been very naive with his decision making. If he does not improve over the mistakes over the summer I will start to ask serious questions. Thomas needs to learn the mistakes and get the recruitment right and get the signings in earlier.

Comments

• You about Saturday mate?
  • Thoroughly depressing isn't it. Just deflating. Going into games knowing we have no chance.
  • agreed, i thought until recently it was comparable to 10/11 or 16/17, but this is worse and I can see us going down.
  • edited February 2022
    Been going Charlton 60 years and this is the worst I have ever seen and believe me I have seen some shit in that time.

The complete lack of bottle, fight and pride in this team is what does my head in.

More fight in most Sunday league team.

players are a fucking disgrace.
  • Been going Charlton 60 years and this is the worst I have ever seen and believe me I have seen some shit in that time.

The complete lack of bottle, fight and pride in this team is what does my head in.

More fight in some most Sunday league team.

players are a fucking disgrace.
    Nail on head HP, my thoughts exactly.
  • Struggling to think back to the Frank Nouble side when Powell took over or Slades half season or this one. 
  • In terms of league position, this is the worse but the team that Pardew had & got relegated from the Championship was loads worse than this lot 

Disagree completly.
  • Sponsored links:

• The 2010/11 team would wipe the floor with these lot, don't kid yourselves
  • 78 team was worse.
  • edited February 2022
    The rebuild to get out of this mess properly is going to take a long time I’m afraid. We could be down here for half a dozen seasons.

In the short term we have our four strikers injured with games against Sheff Wed and Sunderland coming up. Those games are already lost. The last 10 games of the season will be where we get the points that keep us up.

Summer overhaul needed now. Sandgaard needs to figure out if he wants Jackson in for next season now. He also needs to have a serious look in the mirror and determine whether something he’s been doing isn’t working either.
  • It’s truly dire. 
  • JJ out of his depth…don’t see what this Skiverton brings…the worst I can remember in a long time this whole season….
  • Seems so long ago that we had players like yann putting their body on the line every week and showing some passion. This whole team doesn't give a fuck, and there are very few players I have any afinity with. Didn't watch tonight as was out, but I think dobson is going to receive one of the highest percentages of votes there hqs been for player of the season... there isn't really another candidate and at least he looks like he wants to have a go every game
  • edited February 2022
    Yep - we all walked out after 2nd goal but that's exactly what we knew would happen. Truly awful. 
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:
    1992?

piss off newbie, you don’t know the meaning of suffering 😂😂😂😂😎😎😎

My parents tell me that far too often mate lol
  • edited February 2022
    We've seen as worse I think.

Our better managers, and I'm talking about Curbs and Powell here ,used to get a tune out of the most turgid of squads when the chips were down and we needed to stop the rot.
    I'm not convinced Jackson has that touch? But it's still early days.
    Big pressure on him now. He needs this group to step up.
  • In terms of league position, this is the worse but the team that Pardew had & got relegated from the Championship was loads worse than this lot 
    Technically thanks to Pards upping sticks that was Parkinson that got relegated with that team.
  • This season has not been great but it's a culmination of factors.
    However......
    Give Jackson funds in the summer and support him, come October and it's not good, have a total clear out of management and backroom staff.

I'm more of the opinion now that we should do this before the summer before we waste another season.
  • Certainly in terms of league position. But sadly recency bias is probably making it feel as bad as it is, and it is bad - yet I can remember some truly awful games even when we were in the championship. 

Indeed I think the first half against Norwich in maybe 2017 where it finished 3-2 to them was probably the worst I’ve ever seen. I distinctly remember we had one moment in that half where we actually won a free kick in a good attacking position, and about 5 seconds later Norwich somehow ended up scoring.

Then the sucker punch at the end after we somehow got back into the game. 

The joys of being a Charlton fan. 

• Funnily enough, watching tonight’s game reminded me of that 2010 season when Chris Powell took over, players with limited ability who didn’t seem to care whether we won or lost.

(Ok , he wasn’t great tonight, but why didn’t we sign Scott Twine last summer?).