Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Tuesday 22 February 2022 7.45 ko

edited February 2022 in General Charlton
After being out-thought, outfought and outplayed by Oxford last Saturday, p'raps Jacko needs to take heed of Curbs' old mantra ...... Back to Basics?

Rule Number 1: If you can't win, don't get beat!

Even if we continue to have no ready strikers fit enough to play, at least we need to to be solid in defence and midfield.
Apart from JFC and Stockley the long-term absentees, we're still missing Washington and Aneke up front, Fraser in midfield plus the suspended Clare in defence, who was daft enough to get pointlessly sent off. Maybe another young prospect will sit on the bench, but will Jacko shake it up for tonight? The team owe him a favour.

5 Changes!

Charlton: MacGillivray; Gunter, Lavelle, Famewo; Matthews, Gilbey, Dobson, Morgan, Castillo; Leko, Burstow

Subs: Harness, Pearce, Purrington, Lee, Jaiyesimi, Campbell, Kanu

If you can't or won't go to The Valley tonight, don't forget the brave and foolhardy amongst us can watch the match live on the stream.

COYR!

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022

• Options
    NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.
  • Options
    63 nil to Mk Franchise 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.
    I can't actually decide what your reacting to here
  • Options
    WTF
  • Options
    To be fair to He Who Gunts, he's alright in a back three. Though this is probably when we realise Matthews is at CB and Gunter at RWB because if Jackson's not going to be weird then he doesn't want to play
  • Options

Charlton: MacGillivray; Gunter, Lavelle, Famewo; Matthews, Gilbey, Dobson, Morgan, Castillo; Leko, Burstow

Subs: Harness, Pearce, Purrington, Lee, Jaiyesimi, Campbell, Kanu

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    The unbeaten run to the end of the season starts here.........the mighty Chris Gunter is back!

How the hell is Matthews still in the team after that shower shit performance at the weekend and his equally poor perfomance at Wigan???? Gilbey is a lucky boy. Surprised DJ has been left out, he has been ok the last few weeks.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Well, here we go again, match day V Mk Dons, and see JFC is in the studio with Curbs and Scott, one question we all need answering in when are you back on the pitch JFC, god we need you back asap, anyway for now we have another chance to maybe show some guts and fight for the shirt, be nice wouldn't it... B)
    Campbell and Kanu on the bench looks interesting and hopefully see them on sometime,,
  • Options
    John not on the bench. Injured?

How has Gilbey kept his place and the Captain's arm band after hiding his way through the Oxford match?
  • Options
    Gunter AND Matthews... Damnit, wish I hadnt stayed home now 
    Stuck at work so unfortunately cant make either🙌
  • Options
    The almighty Chris Gunter has come back to save us. 
  • Options
    A more balanced side but why Gunter? Looking forward to seeing Kanu and Campbell later...
  • Options
    At least 7/10 Ben is out of the centre back area .  Gunter and Mathews is a recipe for disaster; unsure why Jason has been ditched after basically one poor game . 
  • Options

How has Gilbey kept his place and the Captain's arm band after hiding his way through the Oxford match?
    John is nowhere near first team level, even our first team.
  • Options
    If we can keep it tight then we might have a chance of getting something. I can't see it after the recent form though. 
  • Options
    That line-up, to me, says that Jackson has given up on this season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just can't get over how Leko, Gilbey and Matthews have kept their places, I really can't
  • Options
    Disapppointed Ben Watson isn't playing :(
  • Options
    Saved my tenner on the stream pending seeing the team. As a matter of principle I will not pay good money to watch Matthews and Cunter so my tenner is staying in my pocket. I shall loiter on here. 
  • Options
    I was going to avoid this match at all costs, but morbidly I think I’m going to tune in now. 

DDOUBLEE said:
    Gilbey, Matthews and Leko still starting after Saturday, faith in Jackson rapidly declining

Problem is. Who else is he going to put in? Everyone is underperforming, injured or suspended.
  • Options
    Can't stand Gunter, but to be fair he has played in a back three at International level so his selection there makes some sense. Perhaps him Leko aside everyone is in their natural position tonight, and Leko is a matter of necessity without a shape change.
  • Options
    I was going to avoid this match at all costs, but morbidly I think I’m going to tune in now. 

DDOUBLEE said:
    Gilbey, Matthews and Leko still starting after Saturday, faith in Jackson rapidly declining

Problem is. Who else is he going to put in? Everyone is underperforming, injured or suspended.
    John, Campbell, Kanu. Can't be any worse
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Just can't get over how Leko, Gilbey and Matthews have kept their places, I really can't
    Not a lot of other options unfortunately
  • Options
    We know our starting team was lacking against Oxford so I'm not surprised that the replacements look weaker.

Remember when our large squad was going to favour us at the end of the season!
  • Options
    Fuck that, Gunter, matthews, Morgan, leko in the same team, I never don’t go, tonight is the night. I’m not trudging down and back up that fucking hill tonight. We are back to cobbling teams together. I really hope for the best but that lineup gives me no optimism against a team gunning to go up. A point would be like a win tonight. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:

John is nowhere near first team level, even our first team.

Neither is Gilbey on recent showings.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!