Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Charlton 0-4 Oxford

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Did we really only commit 8 fouls? Must be a world record cards to fouls ratio! 
  • Options
    Very low average mark for a MOTM. 
  • Options
    Ouch. Just looking at the team stats says it all, e.g. Oxford lead tackle success by 24 to 10 and were dispossessed only 9 times versus 22!
    AshBurton said:
    Inniss and Leko got yellows, and Clare a red, without committing any fouls all match!
  • Options
    I don't  see how MacGillivray gets away with it. Mistake after mistake the worst catcher of a cross since Pedersen and let's them.in through his legs regularly.  He let's in four shots most of which he should have stopped and he gets marks of 7 from some.
    AP was much better on his line too .  I’ll give you Stephan Anderson as a vampire too; again, excellent stopper .  
  • Options
    Ouch. Just looking at the team stats says it all, e.g. Oxford lead tackle success by 24 to 10 and were dispossessed only 9 times versus 22!
    AshBurton said:
    Inniss and Leko got yellows, and Clare a red, without committing any fouls all match!
    not all yellows are given for "fouls" for example swearing at the ref is not a "foul" but can be a yellow card etc etc
  • Options
    Great work as usual, Lancs. Thank you.

I know it isn't possible but I would love to see the stats on how often we concede possession unnecessarily through inaccurate passing, long clearances etc. I reckon we would be one of the worst teams in the league for that.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:
     Clare smacked a player round the chops. Innis then shoved another in the ensuing melee. Leko kicked their keeper in the first half. All showed lack of professionalism and other teams know this.
    Inniss pulled their bloke away from squaring up, but the bloke went tumbling... 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    AshBurton said:
     Clare smacked a player round the chops. Innis then shoved another in the ensuing melee. Leko kicked their keeper in the first half. All showed lack of professionalism and other teams know this.
    Inniss pulled their bloke away from squaring up, but the bloke went tumbling... 
    This and their player had hold of Clare’s leg who then grabbed him under the chin to get him off. No smack, slap or punch but still deserved to go for violent conduct, law 12.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:
    Oxford had it coming. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Harsh mark for Morgan.

Glad the penny has dropped for everyone about Gilbey though
    As a Gilbey fan, he was shocking on Saturday. Should be dropped for that “block” on the fourth goal alone. Dreadful.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Harsh mark for Morgan.

Glad the penny has dropped for everyone about Gilbey though
    As a Gilbey fan, he was shocking on Saturday. Should be dropped for that “block” on the fourth goal alone. Dreadful.

I have been a fan of Gilbey too, but last 3 games he's been toilet bar one decent shot each game.
  • Options
    I didn't log mine, too late. Although very surprised young Albie was 3rd, i mean we were terrible and noone but Burstow should be given any credit but still he should have been taken off at half time (imo) no impact, other than wayward passing, not putting it on him but him and Matthews were literally the worst from my POV, excluding Clare being an idiot and haven't a moment of madness. 
  • Options
    I didn't log mine, too late. Although very surprised young Albie was 3rd, i mean we were terrible and noone but Burstow should be given any credit but still he should have been taken off at half time (imo) no impact, other than wayward passing, not putting it on him but him and Matthews were literally the worst from my POV, excluding Clare being an idiot and haven't a moment of madness. 
    Got to disagree, Morgan was busy closing and pressuring players and made some very decent passes. Sure some of his passes were wayward, but he was one of the few putting in any effort. To say he was equal to or worse than any of Matthews, Clare, Gilbey, Purrington or Leko is imo harsh. 

Here's the ratings from whoscored.com:

(Here's their explanation)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ5s0Q-CHbg

And here's the ratings from FotMob

That's two separate sources using different algorithms that put Morgan as one of our better players.

I think sometimes we need to take a step back and let our unconscious bias or in my case my conscious bias towards young Albie and listen to what the impartial view is. 

FWIW I don't think Morgan was above a 6. I think I had him at 5.5 alongside Dobson. 

• Options
    Didnt realise that one player got three assists.

Maybe we should have thought about marking Whyte a bit tighter
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Got to disagree, Morgan was busy closing and pressuring players and made some very decent passes. Sure some of his passes were wayward, but he was one of the few putting in any effort. To say he was equal to or worse than any of Matthews, Clare, Gilbey, Purrington or Leko is imo harsh. 

Here's the ratings from whoscored.com:

(Here's their explanation)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ5s0Q-CHbg

And here's the ratings from FotMob

That's two separate sources using different algorithms that put Morgan as one of our better players.

I think sometimes we need to take a step back and let our unconscious bias or in my case my conscious bias towards young Albie and listen to what the impartial view is. 

FWIW I don't think Morgan was above a 6. I think I had him at 5.5 alongside Dobson. 

Yeah i didn't see what they are watching clearly, never have with Morgan tbf. Maybe i have it in for him? although i don't and would love for him to do well. I see too many misplaced passes, also i don't notice him tracking back even if its not his job, his all round game isn't up to league one in my opinion. I would love for him to prove me wrong and clearly the fans of late have said this is the case, i have been only a few times this seasons and watched a few streams and not one has impressed me. Maybe just luck of the draw, or i have the blinkers. 

I don't mean to be too harsh a critic but just my thoughts at the weekend felt he was the next worse after someone who got sent off and Matthews (who tried, just failed miserably at everything) 

It wont help being in a team that puts on a performance like that anyway, he might play better in a better team/performance, admittedly. 

Also in relation to one of those ratings, although might be stats based i thought the best player was Sykes. Looked a class above our team and just ran the show, Taylor clinical as expected, Williams a decent game and a threat but just shows how subjective these things are or opinions compared to stats.