Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joey Beauchamp RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Beauchamp was a fine player and I felt he was really thrown under the bus by that slimeball Redknapp who has publicly taken the piss out of him for wanting to stay living in Oxford when he was at West Ham.
  • Options
    Always wanted us to sign him. A class act who was capable of playing at the highest level. RIP Joey.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Beauchamp was a fine player and I felt he was really thrown under the bus by that slimeball Redknapp who has publicly taken the piss out of him for wanting to stay living in Oxford when he was at West Ham.
    To be fair to Harry Redknapp, I think he took the piss out of Beauchamp turning up the first day after signing, saying it'd taken him too long to get there etc and he didn't want to stay.

I'd have been annoyed too if I'd have spent over a million on a bloke who couldn’t look at a map before he signed, then lost most of it selling him on.

Anyway, feels the wrong time to be delving into that, very sad news and 50 is no age.

RIP Joey.
  • Options

Oxford United legend Joey Beauchamp was found dead at his home, an inquest has heard.

The 50-year-old former footballer was identified by his brother at his home in Kingsway Drive, Kidlington, on 19 February.

A post-mortem examination found his cause of death was hanging, senior coroner for Oxfordshire Darren Salter said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-60605936

• Options
    Desperately sad news. It did seem he previously had problems with alcohol and depression
  • Options
    A real tragedy.